Author Topic: Dowd on Palin, Down on Kennedy.  (Read 916 times)

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Dowd on Palin, Down on Kennedy.
« on: January 08, 2009, 12:55:29 PM »
If there ever was a case of a liberal with head-in-ass disease, it's Maureen Dowd. I find this contrast funny and sad at the same time:

On Palin:

Palin told Greta Van Susteren Monday on Fox News that her faith will guide her on a 2012 run. “I’m like, O.K., God, if there is an open door for me somewhere — this is what I always pray — don’t let me miss the open door,” she said. “Show me where the open door is, even if it’s cracked open a little bit, maybe I’ll plow right on through that and maybe prematurely plow through it.”

The Alaska governor, who now thinks she is even bigger than her vast state, has certainly not missed an opportunity to throw open the door to the national press this week, letting them hang in her Wasilla kitchen as she makes moose chili and cake and baby formula and hefty servings of spin.

link

On Caroline Kennedy:

Congress, which abdicated its oversight role as the Bush crew wrecked the globe and the economy, desperately needs fresh faces and new perspectives, an infusion of class, intelligence and guts.

People complain that the 51-year-old Harvard and Columbia Law School grad and author is not a glib, professional pol who knows how to artfully market herself, and is someone who hasn’t spent her life glad-handing, backstabbing and logrolling. I say, thank God.

The press whines that she doesn’t have a pat answer about why she wants the job. I’ve interviewed a score of men running for president; not one had a good answer for why he wanted it.

link

How can the MSM live with themselves?
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Dowd on Palin, Down on Kennedy.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 12:59:15 PM »
How can the MSM live with themselves?

Alone, unmarried, and bitter, much like Maureen Dowd.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 03:22:01 PM »
Alone, unmarried, and bitter, much like Maureen Dowd.

OWIE! I think She felt that from here.. Hi-5  :-)

Offline Sam Adams

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 01:53:36 AM »
When I saw the headline, "Down on Palin," I thought this thread was about something else.