Author Topic: Harry Reid is a loser.  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Harry Reid is a loser.
« on: January 04, 2009, 06:20:04 PM »
MR. GREGORY: Let me ask you about the war in Iraq. In April of 2007, this is what you said: "I believe myself that ... this war is lost and the surge is not accomplishing anything." Were you wrong?

SEN. REID: David, I first met General David Petraeus in Iraq. He was training the Iraqi forces at that time. At that time, he knew it wasn't working. After he became the commander in Iraq, he and I sat down and talked. He said to me, and he said within the sound of everyone's voice, "The war cannot be won militarily." I said it differently than he did. But it needed a change in direction. Petraeus brought that about. He brought it about--the surge helped, of course it helped. But in addition to that, the urging of me and other people in Congress and the country dictated a change, and that took place. So...

MR. GREGORY: But you said the surge was not accomplishing anything. Even Barack Obama said last fall that it exceeded everyone's expectations and succeeded beyond our wildest dreams.

SEN. REID: Listen, at that--the time that statement was made, the surge--they weren't talking about the surge. Petraeus added to the surge some very, very interesting things that changed things. He said a lot--just simply numbers of troops is not going to do the deal. What we need to do is work with the Iraqi people, which we haven't done before. That's where the Awakening Councils came about, as a result of David Petraeus' genius. He's done--he will be written about in the history books for years to come. My original statement was in keeping what David Petraeus said; that is, the war cannot be won militarily.

MR. GREGORY: Do you believe that the war in Iraq has been lost?

SEN. REID: I don't think at this stage we can talk about that with any degree of sensibility. That has to be something that will talked about in the history books to come. We...

MR. GREGORY: So you spoke to soon in 2007?

SEN. REID: David Petraeus and Harry Reid spoke at the same time. David Petraeus said that the war cannot be won militarily, I said what I said. Who, who phrased it the best is...

MR. GREGORY: You said that the war is lost. Today, in 2009, that's no longer your view?

SEN. REID: David, listen, someone else will have to determine that as the years go on. What has the war done? It's brought about--it's destabilized the Middle East. We have a civil war going on in Israel. We have a civil war in Iraq, as indicated today, more than 50 people killed with a bomb in Iraq today. We have Lebanon, a civil war there. We have Iran thumbing their nose with every, everyone. And if that weren't bad enough, our standing in the world community is so far down as a result of this war, so--and that doesn't take into consideration the tens of thousands who have been injured...

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/01/disgusting-harry-reid-says-iraq-war-is.html

Welcome to 2009.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline formerlurker

Re: Harry Reid is a loser.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 06:23:20 PM »
I am so confused.   Can someone please point to the period of time in which the ME was considered "stable."

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 08:54:43 PM »
Sen. Reid  :bird:

ANd that comes from the heart.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 09:06:36 PM »
Harry Reid is a loser.

And water is wet.  How is this news?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 02:05:33 AM »
And water is wet.  How is this news?

:rofl:

Not my headline. :-)
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 02:18:14 AM »
Oh wait.  That was my headline.   :rotf:

Carry on.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 10:05:59 AM »
dingy harry reid won the war.  all of that hysterical cheerleading that he was doing against the war was our imagination:
But it needed a change in direction. Petraeus brought that about. He brought it about--the surge helped, of course it helped. But in addition to that, the urging of me and other people in Congress and the country dictated a change, and that took place. So...
this is not a small detail, but if the surge did not work, then the original bush war plan did work.  it only stands to reason.

either way, reid, pelosi and obama were wrong, and to the extent that they deny being wrong today, they are liars.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 11:57:36 AM »
either way, reid, pelosi and obama were wrong, and to the extent that they deny being wrong today, they are liars.

It won't be long though until you see more quotes like the one from Reid that basically say that THEY were the ones that pushed for the strategy that Petraeus used.  Whenin fact they were the ones telling him NOT to come up and paint a rosy picture...refusing to meet with him and calling him a liar and a failure.

But since it's working...they want to jump on the bandwagon and take credit for something that was/is the Presidents.

The re-writing of history has begun.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 12:03:43 PM »
It won't be long though until you see more quotes like the one from Reid that basically say that THEY were the ones that pushed for the strategy that Petraeus used.  Whenin fact they were the ones telling him NOT to come up and paint a rosy picture...refusing to meet with him and calling him a liar and a failure.

But since it's working...they want to jump on the bandwagon and take credit for something that was/is the Presidents.

The re-writing of history has begun.

even worse than they, they were actively rooting for defeat, and the loss of life that that entails.  if was disgusting and treasonous then, and it is disgusting and treasonous now.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 12:18:35 PM »

and of course, who could forget this little gem?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 12:29:10 PM »
I am so confused.   Can someone please point to the period of time in which the ME was considered "stable."

Circa one millenia before the Israelites were enslaved by the Egyptians...give or take a few centuries.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 09:52:12 PM »
Sen. Reid  :bird:

ANd that comes from the heart.

I second that emotion
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"