Author Topic: my college dorm apartment  (Read 18742 times)

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: my college dorm apartment
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2008, 08:00:32 AM »
NICE!

I don't blame you a bit for the rules of being in your car. A good way to seriously screw up the interior of a car is by smoking in it. I don't think you can ever get the smell out, and your interior is just so susceptible to being damaged by burns.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2008, 08:31:25 AM »
Very nice set up :)  Sorry that you seem to be having roommate clutter issues :(

Offline lastparker

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2008, 10:53:53 AM »
You have a Zune?  Maybe you can teach me how to use mine.

My college apt. looked just like yours!  Hope you don't get the same roaches we had!  :bash:

I'd take ciggy smoke over roaches any day.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 10:56:59 AM by lastparker »
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2008, 10:58:28 AM »
Somehow it doesn't seem collegiate unless it has a milk-carton and brick shelf unit.

Memories....
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2008, 11:18:10 AM »
Somehow it doesn't seem collegiate unless it has a milk-carton and brick shelf unit.

Memories....

You're showing yer age...  :-)

Did you have a cable-reel for a coffee table?  I heard those were the height of coolness.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2008, 11:55:52 AM »
You have a Zune?  Maybe you can teach me how to use mine.

My college apt. looked just like yours!  Hope you don't get the same roaches we had!  :bash:

I'd take ciggy smoke over roaches any day.

Which Zune do you have?  I have the 80 GB version and it is SO easy to use.  PM me with any questions you have. :)

Offline guest

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2008, 12:00:15 PM »
NICE!

I don't blame you a bit for the rules of being in your car. A good way to seriously screw up the interior of a car is by smoking in it. I don't think you can ever get the smell out, and your interior is just so susceptible to being damaged by burns.

Yep...

No one smokes in that car unless they want a :asssmack:   

:lmao:

In all seriousness though,  my stepsis was given a brand-new Nissan Sentra to replace another car (got hit by a minivan...turned her car into an accordion, if you get my drift).  She is a chain-smoker, so when the car was prepared for selling (she hated it...don't know why), they had to put it in some kind of oxygen tent or something to try to get the smell out.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 12:03:03 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Chris_

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2008, 12:01:49 PM »

Memories....

You're showing yer age...  :-)

Did you have a cable-reel for a coffee table?  I heard those were the height of coolness.

Yes I did -- got it from the Phone company depot next door. I sanded, stained and lacquered the heck out of it :)  And I made my coffee table out of scavenged 2x4s.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2008, 02:16:16 PM »
In all seriousness though,  my stepsis was given a brand-new Nissan Sentra to replace another car (got hit by a minivan...turned her car into an accordion, if you get my drift).  She is a chain-smoker, so when the car was prepared for selling (she hated it...don't know why), they had to put it in some kind of oxygen tent or something to try to get the smell out.

I'm guessing Febreeze wouldn't have helped?

A local Nissan dealer had a one-week sale.  They were selling Altimas and Sentras at HALF PRICE.  A brand new Sentra for $6500.   :o

Offline Chris_

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2008, 02:36:58 PM »

I'm guessing Febreeze wouldn't have helped?

A local Nissan dealer had a one-week sale.  They were selling Altimas and Sentras at HALF PRICE.  A brand new Sentra for $6500.   :o

Febreeze was tried.  Even IT couldn't get rid of the smell entirely. :o  The smell was just that bad.

Offline lastparker

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2008, 04:01:35 PM »
Which Zune do you have?  I have the 80 GB version and it is SO easy to use.  PM me with any questions you have. :)

Uh.....the one they had in the case at Wal-Mart?

See?  I need help.

I'll start PMing you heartily, just as soon as I find mine.   :o
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2008, 04:22:47 PM »
NICE!

Yep...

As a smoker, that's all the tempting I needed   :naughty:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2008, 07:17:04 AM »
Wow, that "dorm room" looks a whole lot different than what went by the same title at Purdue thirty years ago (bunkbed, two desks, a locker-like closet, common latrine for the hall, shared phone in the hall, and TV in the lounge in the basement outside the dining hall)!

:old:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2008, 11:17:57 AM »

Uh.....the one they had in the case at Wal-Mart?

See?  I need help.

I'll start PMing you heartily, just as soon as I find mine.   :o
:o  You DO need help. 

BTW, do you remember what color it is? That always is a good way of identifying which one it is.  :)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2008, 11:18:28 AM »
NICE!

Yep...

As a smoker, that's all the tempting I needed   :naughty:

:hammer:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2008, 11:20:24 AM »
Wow, that "dorm room" looks a whole lot different than what went by the same title at Purdue thirty years ago (bunkbed, two desks, a locker-like closet, common latrine for the hall, shared phone in the hall, and TV in the lounge in the basement outside the dining hall)!

:old:

Yep, the college I go to provides private bedrooms for everyone.  There are no dorms here... just apartments.   And I think that's happening at a lot of colleges across the US.  I know Georgia Southern is making the switch (slowly) but they have found that students are a lot happier with having some privacy. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2008, 11:31:43 AM »
I remember the dorms at Tennessee Tech.  A single room with two loft bed/desk combos, communal showers, concrete block walls, and lousy neighbors.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2008, 11:39:08 AM »
I remember the dorms at Tennessee Tech.  A single room with two loft bed/desk combos, communal showers, concrete block walls, and lousy neighbors.

I know some of the dorms at the private 2 year I went to had that set up.  And I think Georgia Southern has some too.    I fought tooth and nail NOT to end up in those dorms.  However, the dorms I did get assigned to in the past were so tiny.  But I got lucky, because my room-mate moved out, and since the ceiling was so high, my stepdad (loves to build things in his spare time), built a custom loft bed.  I wish I had a picture of it.