Author Topic: Russians Took YOUTUBE down!!!! [DUmpmonkiez wonder]  (Read 1031 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Russians Took YOUTUBE down!!!! [DUmpmonkiez wonder]
« on: October 16, 2018, 09:00:14 PM »
Jspur (150 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211287887

Youtube is Down Worldwide

I tried watching some videos on YouTube but they wouldn't load. At first I thought maybe it was my computer but after googling some articles have come up stating that YouTube has crashed all over the world. I wonder if the Russians took it down.

OFFF...

Star Member uponit7771 (49,925 posts)

11. This is a big deal, worked at one of the big engines... this doesn't happen

:panic:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are

Offline landofconfusion80

Re: Russians Took YOUTUBE down!!!! [DUmpmonkiez wonder]
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 09:39:36 PM »
madville
38. Probably taken down to prevent people from watching the
Beto-Cruz debate.

Another conspiracy!
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 07:28:48 AM »
madville
38. Probably taken down to prevent people from watching the
Beto-Cruz debate.

Another conspiracy!
[/size]

Everything is a conspiracy to them.  And as far as the O'Rourke - Cruz debate ... Cruz absolutely mopped the floor with O'Rourke.  It was nothing more than a sanctioned beating.  O'Rourke wouldn't answer any question directly and Cruz was simply stating facts.  I was afraid he would come across as pompous, but he didn't.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 08:33:01 AM »
Star Member uponit7771 (49,925 posts)

11. This is a big deal, worked at one of the big engines... this doesn't happen

That was prior to the Trump/Putin era.  Today it's YouTube.  Tomorrow it may be the MessNBC site.  Be afraid DUmmies, be very afraid....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 08:46:30 AM »
Dunno what actually happened, but one point of vulnerability that could bring down an entire service like that could be their internal DNS management SW. One IT staff screw-up and the SW can't match incoming requests to the location of the content in their internal network. This happened a few months ago to a major hospitality and entertainment company and customers couldn't access anything for a couple of hours.

As for DUpipo's Slav-Paranoia ... :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 09:33:00 AM »
Google is selling the Chinese a hobbled version of their search engine...Google owns YouTube...is the outage a failed test of a hobbled version of YouTube for China that got out in the wild?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 10:33:24 AM »
Dunno what actually happened, but one point of vulnerability that could bring down an entire service like that could be their internal DNS management SW. One IT staff screw-up and the SW can't match incoming requests to the location of the content in their internal network. This happened a few months ago to a major hospitality and entertainment company and customers couldn't access anything for a couple of hours.

As for DUpipo's Slav-Paranoia ... :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:

This is my suspicious as well.
The root name server for the zone controls the zone serial number. a serial number changes forces out an update all the way down the chain of propagation to name servers all over the globe.
If this were a remote hack or something, we would have seen sporadic or localized outages spread across time. This appeared to be almost instantaneous, absolute, and complete. That points to a potential issue on the root name server for that zone... be it accidental, or sabotage. No single device or link could possible cause this sort of massive outage on this scale.
That is UNLESS youtube has some similar propagation system for rolling out new code. But I would think they would test that regionally first rather than risk a global slip-up.
Then again, we are talking about people... and they screw up all the time, so who knows I suppose.
As much as I despise google, I have to give them credit. I only WISH I had the uptime numbers they can brag about.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 02:26:14 PM »
youtube only went down after the Hillarycrash video started to go viral. Google crashed  youtube to stop the spread. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0VXOYeMMVA