Author Topic: Why Trump's Record Trumps the Media's Spin  (Read 771 times)

Offline SVPete

Why Trump's Record Trumps the Media's Spin
« on: September 09, 2018, 11:48:42 AM »
Why Trump's Record Trumps the Media's Spin

My first reaction to the anonymous anti-Trump op-ed in the New York Times was perhaps unusual for a resident of the swamp, which has been so hyper this week: I chuckled, rolled my eyes, and didn’t even make it to the end of the article before losing interest.

It probably helps that I spent the week in Colorado and Utah, where seemingly no one cares. In the conversations in which I have participated or overheard, this subject has come up zero times. Muted televisions in airports and hotel lounges, which still carry CNN and its angry commentators out of habit, are blissfully ignored as life happens.

Most people outside the swamp either know what the media is up to or just don’t care anymore.
Next to the White House sits the imposing Eisenhower Executive Office Building. Across Pennsylvania Avenue from that building is the ugly New Executive Office Building, which is neither new nor executive. It overlooks townhouses surrounding Lafayette Park that provide offices for still more officials. All of these people say they work for the White House, as all are administratively part of what is known as the Executive Office of the President. President Trump probably knows the names of about 3 to 4 percent of these people, tops. Fewer still provide him advice that matters.

Given Anonymous’s citation of foreign policy, veneration of John McCain, and repetition of the banal and disproved trope that Trump prefers dealing with autocrats like Vladimir Putin, I’d guess—and it is only a guess—that the disgruntled author comes from the mid-levels of an agency like the State Department or the ranks of staffers at the National Security Council.
No matter how many outraged opinion pieces or news articles (but I repeat myself) the New York  Times produces, no matter how many smarter-than-thou analysts with non-prescription eyeglasses mope about sadly on CNN, no matter how many Obama fan boys and girls left in the White House press corps shriek at the president whenever in earshot, it just doesn’t matter anymore.

The economy hums. Trump keeps us out of foreign entanglements. Wages increase. America’s traditional meritocracy replaces the Democrats’ grievance-based society. Life happens.

And while the New York  Times op-ed was a nice try by the media, they must on some level, deep down, grasp the new reality: no one hears their screams.

I'm far removed from WashDC, geographically as well as career/culture. But Whiton has me correct. My first reaction on hearing of @#$% like the NYT's annoymorous hit-piece-wannabe or Woodward's fantasy-fiction is, "SOS, Same Old Shit." And then I wonder how many days or hours the SOS will take to fall apart.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Why Trump's Record Trumps the Media's Spin
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 05:47:39 PM »
Just finished a 560-mile solo trip from Columbus, GA to my home in the Little Rock, AR area and listened to Fox News pretty much the whole way.

Interview with Trump's economic advisor Larry Kudlow pretty much echoes OP. Economy is going great guns, wages up 2.9%, unemployment down to levels never before measured for minorities, and the caterwauling and screaming on the Communist News Network et. al., is being ignored.

Great interview also from Ted Cruz. Which reminds me - his opponent has collected over $10 million to Cruz's $2.6 million. Most of that money is coming from the Hollyweird elite class.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5832504473001/?#sp=show-clips
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.