Author Topic: DUmmies recall a great night in history  (Read 6948 times)

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
Re: DUmmies recall a great night in history
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2018, 08:25:48 PM »
The day after the election I went to work as usual. On the way home I stopped in at a guns store. Bought a S&W Victory rimfire. I shot that thing yesterday and today.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2018, 08:56:29 PM »
I remember this from that nite... well the next day...

And this:

and this:

It was a glorious night! 
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2018, 08:04:49 AM »
I still get up every morning and laugh at the losers.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2018, 08:46:22 AM »
I went to bed early that night thinking Hillary would get just enough electoral points to win. I woke up in the morning and went to Drudge's website and I was like "O-M-G"  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:.

The DU posts leading up to the election were priceless. Too bad $kinner shut down DU for those few days after the election results started showing Hillary was going to lose.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2018, 09:06:01 AM »
The DU posts leading up to the election were priceless. Too bad $kinner shut down DU for those few days after the election results started showing Hillary was going to lose.

Given the intensity of the events, I disremember.

DU Jr. was shut down for months and months and months. 

Skins's island was taken down the afternoon of election day, before votes were counted.  How long did it take before it was un-"hacked"?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2018, 09:30:54 AM »

Skins's island was taken down the afternoon of election day, before votes were counted.  How long did it take before it was un-"hacked"?
It was awhile--maybe as long as a week, or more. They did posts by e-mail, or something, for awhile, some of which were sheer comedy gold.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2018, 09:39:32 AM »
Here is one of my favorite e-mail posts from the time DU was down. If you recall, the DUmmies were allowed to vent their distress, and somehow, it was available to be seen, maybe just by members. Don't know, however, here it is, for your enjoyment:

Response by Left of Cool

As a grandmother I am very concerned about the safety of my grand daughter. Just this morning, I sent an email to Speaker Paul Ryan, and Senators Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul to question their agendas. I asked if within the first 100 days of the new Trump presidency, if they and the House would be putting forth legislation to legalize sexual assault? I told Speaker Ryan as well as both of my Senators that if this is on the agenda, I would need to move my grand daughter to a safer country where sexual assault is rare and severely punished when it does happen.

We are all aware that Donald Trump appears to condone this behavior and if this is on their agenda as part of his mandate, we as fathers, mothers, grand parents and concerned citizens need to rethink the protection of our young ladies. I love and adore my 13 year old grand daughter will all of my heart and I am begging you to write to your own Congressmen and Senators with this same proposed question.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2018, 09:48:00 AM »
I remember when the Florida results were coming in.  I told my wife, "Trump's got Florida!"  She asked me how I knew that . . . I told her that the fact that Trump was ahead at that time was unbeatable, as there were four counties in the Central Time Zone that hadn't reported--and they were significantly Republican.  I thought to myself, "He's actually going to win this thing!"

The next morning, as I was rejoicing, our daughter ran downstairs and asked, "Did we win?"  With a smile about as wide as the Atlantic Ocean, I said, "Yes, we did!"  She was very happy.

You've obviously raised a very smart daughter. Quite an accomplishment nowadays with the other influences.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2018, 10:08:17 AM »

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2018, 10:34:02 AM »
This is the kind of DU thread that makes me go back and relive the night -- there are some realtime ones  full13 hours (FF of course).

Dang, the Schadenfreude is almost as good as the first time!!!

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2018, 01:45:56 PM »
That night will always be remembered fondly.  I was prepared for an early evening but flipped over to news around 8:30 CST.  It wasn't looking as bad as the predictions so I kept watching.  The wife went to bed about 9:30, I woke her up when it was obvious Trump won.  She couldn't believe it.  The only downside was that the DUmp and DU Jr was down.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2018, 02:08:59 PM »
Who are they?  What the hell is this shitgibbon babbling about?

Hitlery WON......................................the popular vote..............sort of....... :rotf:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Karin

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2018, 06:12:08 PM »
From Maryanne's post:

I would need to move my grand daughter to a safer country where sexual assault is rare and severely punished when it does happen.

That would rule out most of the world, and especially Europe, where muslim hordes have invaded.  It is a serious problem, and they will not prosecute. 

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2018, 10:04:20 PM »

If DU was active the day and day after the 2016 Election, it would of been an epic meltdown on a scale that no one has ever seen.

The hacking claim is just an excuse.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2018, 07:49:50 AM »
Response by Left of Cool

As a grandmother I am very concerned about the safety of my grand daughter. Just this morning, I sent an email to Speaker Paul Ryan, and Senators Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul to question their agendas. I asked if within the first 100 days of the new Trump presidency, if they and the House would be putting forth legislation to legalize sexual assault? I told Speaker Ryan as well as both of my Senators that if this is on the agenda, I would need to move my grand daughter to a safer country where sexual assault is rare and severely punished when it does happen.

We are all aware that Donald Trump appears to condone this behavior and if this is on their agenda as part of his mandate, we as fathers, mothers, grand parents and concerned citizens need to rethink the protection of our young ladies. I love and adore my 13 year old grand daughter will all of my heart and I am begging you to write to your own Congressmen and Senators with this same proposed question.
The same woman probably voted for Bill Clinton to be president. Twice.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2018, 08:44:40 AM »
Still to this day I'll go to YouTube when I feel a little down and watch the videos of the libs as the realization hits that they've LOST.   :rotf:

It always makes me feel better.  Always.  One of my favorite clips is of the Madcow saying "No, you have not died and gone to hell ..."

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2018, 04:03:26 PM »

And this:

and this:

It was a glorious night!

Thanks for the pictures.  I rewatch election night on youtube quite often.   The young Turks reaction is probably the best.  He freaks right out. '

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2018, 06:22:11 PM »
This is the kind of DU thread that makes me go back and relive the night -- there are some realtime ones  full13 hours (FF of course).

Dang, the Schadenfreude is almost as good as the first time!!!

I actually did that recently, it was still awesome the second time around

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2018, 07:02:09 PM »

And this:

and this:

It was a glorious night! 

They act like it is a funeral.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2018, 08:42:27 PM »
They act like it is a funeral.

It was a funeral, a funeral for their hopes of staying in power forever and ever.

I dunno where they get this idea they're "entitled" to be in power into eternity, but they do.

And then when we're the "outs" and they're the "ins," they'll think that way again, that this time, they're now there forever.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2018, 11:29:59 AM »
Imagine if they are that upset over trump winning what they will do over his second win?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2018, 01:37:03 PM »
Imagine if they are that upset over trump winning what they will do over his second win?

We hope either they move out of the United States or slash their wrists, the most-common two things they always promise to do, but never do.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2018, 01:46:30 PM »
We hope either they move out of the United States or slash their wrists, the most-common two things they always promise to do, but never do.

They need to make it meaningful, they need to join the movement at the link below. 

https://twitter.com/hashtag/jumpagainsttrump?lang=en
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2018, 05:14:15 PM »

I’d prefer mass suicide, too.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.