Author Topic: It wasn't even close, what's Hillary's excuse?  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Delmar

It wasn't even close, what's Hillary's excuse?
« on: August 11, 2018, 10:12:23 AM »
Sat Aug 11, 2018, 09:33 AM
Miles Archer (11,678 posts)

Trump, October 2016, On Accepting Election Results: I Will Look At It, "I'll Keep You In Suspense"
Posted with a video clip from a 2016 debate with Chris Wallace asking Trump if he will concede if he should lose.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/1017505618

Response to Miles Archer (Original post)Sat Aug 11, 2018, 10:25 AM
olegramps (6,029 posts)
1. One of the hallmarks of our government is gracious concede the election.

He should have been loudly condemned for this action.
It is what takes place in Banana Republics and dictatorships. It was glossed over when he should have been denounced as unfit for the office. He used the same tactics to blackmail the Republicans to support him when he threatened that if they didn't support him that he would run as an independent. The Republicans, who don't have an ounce of true patriotism couldn't retract their opposition to him fast enough. This has been his MO throughout his filthy career when he stiffed anyone who did business with him. It was so flagrant that the American banks refused to do business with the crook. The Russians were glad to use him to launder the money that the plundered from the Russian citizens. The greatest gift that he can give to America is his resignation and imprisonment.

What is Cankles excuse for waiting until lunchtime the next day to concede?  It wasn't even close, Trump schlonged her in a landslide.  It was obvious well before midnight on election day that Trump had won, why didn't Hillary concede graciously that night? 

I could understand waiting until the next day if the election had been close, like the 2000 election where Bush beat Gore.  In that election, everything came down to the one state of Florida and the vote was very close there.  I don't think anyone would hold it against Gore if he had waited until the next morning to concede considering how close it was.  If Gore hadn't've stretched it out for weeks and tried to steal the election he might be remembered fondly, but no one would blame him for waiting until the next day in that situation.

Hillary waits until the next day to concede, her enraged supporters go on a week long orgy of violence and destruction, Hillary colludes with Jill Stein in a phony recount scheme, Hillary and her toadies try to subvert the electoral college and on and on right up to this very day.  So for the primitives to come after Trump for not being gracious is laughable, it's a joke.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline jukin

Re: It wasn't even close, what's Hillary's excuse?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 02:10:01 PM »
It's different when the left does it and SHUT UP!!!!

They kindly explained.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 07:39:20 AM »
Apologies for the confusion from across the pond - wasn't the election almost two years ago, and didn't Pres. Trump win?

Other than their blind and obsessive hatred, why are they still talking about an old hypothetical which didn't come true?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 07:47:09 AM »
I saw that Wallace interview, I thought Wallace was a patronizing ass in it, I was actually surprised Trump didn't ream him out for it at the time.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 07:58:06 AM »
Apologies for the confusion from across the pond - wasn't the election almost two years ago, and didn't Pres. Trump win?

Other than their blind and obsessive hatred, why are they still talking about an old hypothetical which didn't come true?

They hate Donald Trump, with their entire beings. The only thing that might stop their obsessing about the 2016 election is if Trump wins again in 2020 ... which will become their new obsession.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 08:50:45 AM »
What is Cankles excuse for waiting until lunchtime the next day to concede?

but, but, but, hillary won the popular vote...[/DUmmyMode]
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 12:48:02 PM »
but, but, but, hillary won the popular vote...[/DUmmyMode]

Well  it should probably read:
the illegal immigrant vote in KKKaliforniacator
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 04:05:52 AM »
They hate Donald Trump, with their entire beings. The only thing that might stop their obsessing about the 2016 election is if Trump wins again in 2020 ... which will become their new obsession.

I honestly don't think it's Trump they hate.

Sure, he isn't one of them but that only amplifies the hate that is already there.

What is really driving them over the edge is the loss of power.

A 3rd Obama term was supposed to solidify their power for all time. Now, they not only lost that chance for at least a generation, everything they already built is being dismantled and disproven.

This is an existential catastrophe for their worldview. Trump is merely the face of it.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 11:20:11 AM »

Sure, he isn't one of them but that only amplifies the hate that is already there.

A 3rd Obama term was supposed to solidify their power for all time. Now, they not only lost that chance for at least a generation, everything they already built is being dismantled and disproven.

This is an existential catastrophe for their worldview. Trump is merely the face of it.
^^^This^^^
That said, they hate anyone who defeats a democrat. These are people who seethe and burn with impotent rage.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 11:29:49 AM »

Yup.  If they don't retake both the House and Senate in the fall, it will be one more failure into the 'basket' that they have to overcome (and will fail at).
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2018, 07:53:41 PM »
Aristotelian, they are still burning with hatred and rage at Coolidge's victory in 1924.  Hence, one of the recent threads here titled "what was her DU name?" in which a person blames her death on Trump's victory. 

Nice to see you around again!