Author Topic: NJCher makes Tacos!  (Read 5502 times)

Offline Karin

NJCher makes Tacos!
« on: August 08, 2018, 07:57:43 PM »
NJCher (21,675 posts)

What's for Dinner, Wed., Aug. 8, 2018

Tacos! This is something we haven't had in a long time. We are using a low-carb (TJ's) soft shell taco and the RG made a spicy cabbage topping to go on top (mayo based). Used ground pork and chorizos There are also cheese slices to put on them.

As a refresher, chopped cucumber.   Also marinated garden vegetables, such as zucchini, red and yellow peppers, cucumber, and carrot sticks.

That's a bunch of vegetables in a burrito.  This is not a taco.

Response to NJCher (Original post)
Wed Aug 8, 2018, 05:54 PM
PennyK (1,785 posts)
2. Crab salad!

Surprise sale at Publix. I'll have with salad veggies on the side and moan with pleasure. Homemade lemonade.
For hubby, fried flounder and a brown rice and quinoa mix.

Two reasons to double puke. 

https://www.democraticunderground.com/115773717

In other news involving stuffing a tortilla, they have a zuchinni thread, in which:

Response to handmade34 (Original post)
Wed Aug 8, 2018, 02:04 PM
 Phentex (14,292 posts)
8. Spicy zucchini quesadillas!

Grate it and add cheese, jalapeno, raisins, scallions, drizzle of lime juice. Fill your tortillas and heat as usual for quesadillas. 

Oh yum.

Randr, he of the dumb name, makes a funny:

Response to handmade34 (Original post)
Tue Aug 7, 2018, 06:55 PM
 randr (9,064 posts)
3. Only reason people here lock their cars
is so no one can put zucchinis in them

Tue Aug 7, 2018, 06:21 PM
 handmade34 (15,452 posts)

Zucchini is coming fast and furious

so... not being able to eat it all fresh, I discovered mashed zucchini... it is a great substitute for mashed potatoes, yummy,
[/quote]

No, it is NOT a great substitute for mashed potatoes.  I'm trying to picture it, and it ain't pretty.  Zukes have their place, but this ain't it.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/115773697

Offline jb2u11

Re: NJCher makes Tacos!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 08:48:25 PM »
It's not a wonder lefty is so angry and violent, look at that food!  I would probably be in a foul mood if I had to eat that crap also.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 07:11:53 AM »
It's not a wonder lefty is so angry and violent, look at that food!  I would probably be in a foul mood if I had to eat that crap also.
They are angry because when they ask "what's for dinner?", are told "tacos" and then they get served a DUmmie version of a taco. It would piss me off too.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 07:31:14 AM »
New Jersey makes their tacos (whatever the hell it is) a whole lot different than we do here in Texas.  Freaking YUCK with that crap she's putting on some type of tortilla.  Is she even using a real tortilla?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 07:33:46 AM »
Sounds more like 'Weird-o chef's salad served on a tortilla' than a taco, to me.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 07:58:10 AM »
New Jersey makes their tacos (whatever the hell it is) a whole lot different than we do here in Texas.  Freaking YUCK with that crap she's putting on some type of tortilla.  Is she even using a real tortilla?

KC

LOL, the cabbage was the kicker for me.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 07:58:57 AM »
Hmmmm ... I read the contents of the tacos as spicy cabbage slaw, ground pork, "chorizos", and "cheese slices". The chopped cucumber and marinated vegetables seem to be sides.

Other than the likelihood of the "cheese slices" being so-called "American cheese" (I call that "alleged cheese") the tacos sound OK. Just exchange the alleged cheese for grated Jack and/or cheddar. As for the rest, I don't like cukes and I'll pass on the pickled vegetables (which is more of an Italian thing - giardiniera), too.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 08:05:31 AM »
Mini tacos, ala Steve Dawes?  Always a winner.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 08:09:33 AM »
LOL, the cabbage was the kicker for me.

The cabbage and a CHEESE SLICE?  WTF??  Sounds like a Jack in the Box taco.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 09:09:04 AM »

The cabbage and a CHEESE SLICE?  WTF??  Sounds like a Jack in the Box taco.

KC

I think cabbage slaw is more common with Baja-style fish tacos. Gack in the Box "tacos" do use alleged cheese, which really should not bee withing 10 feet of a real taco. I do like Gack in the Box "tacos", but as a thing, not as a taco.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 09:23:59 AM »
I think cabbage slaw is more common with Baja-style fish tacos. Gack in the Box "tacos" do use alleged cheese, which really should not bee withing 10 feet of a real taco. I do like Gack in the Box "tacos", but as a thing, not as a taco.

Yeah, I was thinking the cabbage slaw was for fish tacos.  I see that here in Texas and on the east coast on pulled pork BBQ sandwiches.

And I agree with you about the JITB tacos.  They're not too bad, but they're also not tacos.  I don't know if ANYONE knows what kind of meat is in those things.   :rotf:

KC

*Stolen

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2018, 09:57:56 AM »

Yeah, I was thinking the cabbage slaw was for fish tacos.  I see that here in Texas and on the east coast on pulled pork BBQ sandwiches.

And I agree with you about the JITB tacos.  They're not too bad, but they're also not tacos.  I don't know if ANYONE knows what kind of meat is in those things.   :rotf:

KC

Well, cooked cabbage makes me physically gag and I'm no fan of it fresh either, but at least the bits of it in salad bar lettuce mix I can successfully ignore.  I believe it was JITB that was found to be using kangaroo meat at one time, many years ago (IIRC it was an unscrupulous Aussie seller to blame, JITB supposedly didn't know it was 'roo). 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2018, 11:41:59 AM »
How about some yummy Mini Tacos by Jose Ole!!  You can taste the fiesta!!  :drool:  more like artificial flavor and orange grease.

These are the FUN snack size!!  :thatsright:

With REAL cheddar cheese!!   :yahoo:

Eat half a dozen of those and you will be shitting like a goose for 3 days.  :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2018, 12:00:23 PM »
Well, cooked cabbage makes me physically gag and I'm no fan of it fresh either, but at least the bits of it in salad bar lettuce mix I can successfully ignore. I believe it was JITB that was found to be using kangaroo meat at one time, many years ago (IIRC it was an unscrupulous Aussie seller to blame, JITB supposedly didn't know it was 'roo).

I never heard that story.  Heh, wonder if I can scratch eating kangaroo off my bucket list?

KC

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 12:01:19 PM »
How about some yummy Mini Tacos by Jose Ole!!  You can taste the fiesta!!  :drool:  more like artificial flavor and orange grease.

These are the FUN snack size!!  :thatsright:

With REAL cheddar cheese!!   :yahoo:

Eat half a dozen of those and you will be shitting like a goose for 3 days.  :-)

Those things look nasty.  Honestly a lot of the tacos I eat don't have any cheese.  One of my favorites is al pastor.  Hell yeah!

KC

*Stolen

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 01:25:21 PM »

Pam???

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 01:32:21 PM »
They are angry because when they ask "what's for dinner?", are told "tacos" and then they get served a DUmmie version of a taco. It would piss me off too.
if your a DUmmy, would you expect normal tacos?  I'm pretty sure when she says tacos, you know it's not going to be a normal taco.  They make their lives so difficult!

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 12:08:55 PM »
She should invite Omaha Steve over for a few bites of her tacos.

(Jokes welcome now.)
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2018, 01:39:19 PM »
She should invite Omaha Steve over for a few bites of her tacos.

(Jokes welcome now.)

Goodness gracious...where to start?

Don't think Omaha Steve could even get to their nether regions to, ahem, dine on that.  Nor has he likely ever done such a thing anyway.

Yeah, gutteral mind. :cheersmate:

Offline Karin

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2018, 06:29:39 PM »
I see the mini tacos in the grocery freezer, and it always makes me smile. 

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2018, 08:44:34 PM »

OMG, Karin, I've done the exact same thing! :rotf:

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2018, 08:49:25 PM »
I actually bought a box one time because of that. (They weren't that good)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2018, 02:23:14 PM »
OMG, Karin, I've done the exact same thing! :rotf:

Same here.  Even has brought out a chuckle a time or two.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2018, 06:28:21 PM »
https://youtu.be/K5J1mn_u0rM

That video is so old, you can see the chick slamming a rotary phone down! 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 06:31:31 PM by Karin »

Offline Karin

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2018, 09:27:02 PM »
In updated DUmmie food news:  Did you have a craving for Chinese food tonight?  How about some delicious Kung Pao? You won't get it from the DUmmie Kitchens:

Phentex (14,305 posts)

Kung Pao Chickpea and Brussels Sprouts Stir Fry...

There are many versions of this recipe but this one is my favorite (from Ambitious Kitchen). If you like a less peanutty flavor, use less peanut butter and a dash more soy for the sauce. I served it over rice but I think it would be good with noodles as well. Also, I don't use cilantro cause it's soapy to me. 

Ingredients

For the stir fry:

2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 pound brussels sprouts, halved
Freshly ground salt and pepper
1 red onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained

slopped around in some sauce.  Two out of my four most hated food items, brussels sprouts and chick peas.  No protein, as usual.  Oh, and as usual, there are always some hard to find ingredients that are expensive and you have to spend $20 in gas driving around to find:

2 tablespoons gluten free reduced sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon coconut sugar

Serve immediately over quinoa or brown rice.

Of course.  And throw immediately in the trash, even the dog won't eat it.