Author Topic: Ever seen a Hippie tantrum? Lol  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Houstonguy34

Ever seen a Hippie tantrum? Lol
« on: May 14, 2018, 01:19:35 PM »
What will happen when the hippie fantasy does not come true? I always wonder if there will be suicides on a epic scale lol

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210613592
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 01:51:42 PM by Houstonguy34 »

Offline SVPete

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Houstonguy34

Re: Ever seen a Hippie tantrum? Lol
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 01:49:45 PM »
Sorry I do my Commentary in the Title bar

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 02:29:34 PM »
HoustonGuy, here's an example of how to do this.

Cyrano

We're far, far beyond decency, swamps, sewers ...
Here’s the reality of Trump and his enablers: No lie is too big. There is no bottom. There is no such thing as wrong, despicable, inhumane, “evil.” There are only Trump’s wishes, wants, needs, desires, whims, “reality.”

“Mueller’s investigation has gone on too long. End it now!”

“Mueller and his investigators are Democrats!”

“Witch Hunt!”

“Fake News!”

“Hugest crowds ever!”

“Mexicans rapists!”

“Muslim terrorists!”

“All those women we’re lying!”

“John McCain is dying anyway.”

Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, Elizabeth Warren are … umm, … (the “c” word).

Joe Arpaio, and wannabe Alabama senator Roy Moore, -- great Americans.”

“Lock her up! Lock her up!”

“Sen. Chuck Schumer, Rep. Adam Schiff -- making things up. (Yeah, but, what do you expect? They have Jewish names.)”

All that's missing is the declaration from the orange creature in the White House, that: “L’etat, c’est mois”; the statement by King Louis XIV of France that literally meant, “The state am I.” (Or, --I am the state, the country, the king, the ruler, the final word. I Am In Charge. Nothing matters but what I say. Nothing matters but what I want to do. Nothing matters but ME. ME. ME.)

Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, et. al., were educated men. They knew about people like Caligula, Nero, Vlad the Impaler, and virtually every other monstrous villain in history. They knew about The Crusades, The Inquisition, The Salem Witch Trials, The … oh hell, they knew about all the dangers of demented people in power oppressing humanity.

So they came up with the Constitution of the United States of America.

And, yes, they knew they couldn’t cover and protect all the horrors that could befall humanity. But, Jesus ****ing Christ. You’ve really got to give these brilliant men all the credit in the world for understanding human nature; for understanding “The Dark Side,” and for trying to foresee, prevent and reign it in.

The deaths of the American Civil War, the Holocaust, the Killing Fields of Cambodia, the countless other horrors that humans have, and still, inflict on other humans, are virtually impossible to prevent. Seems that whether anyone likes or dislikes it, approves or disapproves of it, mass murder and inhumanity are built into human nature.

So what now? Vote?

At this moment, our obedience to our Constitution really does seem like a death pact. Will we survive Trump? Pence? The Republican Party?

Who knows? If you could throw a message into a bottle in the middle of this sea of terror, and hope it was found and acted upon, what would it say? “Help”?

That doesn't seem to be good enough.

So I guess it's going to be left to history to judge what we Americans were willing to do about the horror that's befallen us.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Houstonguy34

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 04:14:25 PM »
Ah so post some comments from the thread

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 05:07:33 PM »

That is the custom. Some of us don't care to crawl around the cesspool that is DU.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 10:06:59 PM »

Also, it's a lot handier for when threads get deleted.  Which we all know how often that happens over on the island.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 10:16:46 PM »
That is the custom. Some of us don't care to crawl around the cesspool that is DU.

Aw, cmon man! Put on those hip waders and jump in with us!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 07:37:37 AM »
Aw, cmon man! Put on those hip waders and jump in with us!

Like BH said, DUpipo more than occasionally decide they went too far and delete their posts. So Quoting them sometimes does the service of preserving their unwisdom for the sake of posteriority. BTW, within the first day or so of a deletion Google often has the original post in cache. I think The MasterNematode is a charter member of the DUpipo Frequent Deleters Club; he's reliably entertaining.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 10:35:01 AM »

Like BH said, DUpipo more than occasionally decide they went too far and delete their posts. So Quoting them sometimes does the service of preserving their unwisdom for the sake of posteriority. BTW, within the first day or so of a deletion Google often has the original post in cache. I think The MasterNematode is a charter member of the DUpipo Frequent Deleters Club; he's reliably entertaining.

This could work, too . . .

Probably more in line with DU.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 10:47:25 AM »
Usual "everybody who disagrees with me is a poopy-head" usual detailed DUpipo "analysis."
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2018, 11:15:55 AM »
Usual "everybody who disagrees with me is a poopy-head" usual detailed DUpipo "analysis."

They do put the anal in analysis.