Author Topic: poll: how likely are you  (Read 1575 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
poll: how likely are you
« on: May 14, 2018, 09:59:30 AM »
We're having a problem here, although admittedly it's a bigger problem over at DU Jr., where contributors just post a link with no summary of the contents, no commentary, no quotes, from that which is being linked.

Which is why one only rarely bothers with DU Jr.

A summary, commentary, or quotes gives members the opportunity to decide whether or not they wish to comment on a thread here.

Just a link, and it generally gets ignored.....which is a tragedy because sometimes those links have good stuff at the other end.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: poll: how likely are you
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 10:49:35 AM »
Reluctantly likely.

At least post something from the link that you found interesting.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 10:52:40 AM »
Just posting links looks like someone is trying to get a high post count quickly.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 11:10:13 AM »
I'm just curious.
Do wish there was some substance
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 11:13:22 AM »
I don't click on video links either, but that's because they can't be embedded anymore.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 11:57:50 AM »
For me to check it out or comment either the thread title has to interest me, or another person has to have made a pertinent comment that lets me know why I should be interested.

For my part, if I'm posting a thread, I include the link, a quote from the link that captures the gist of the linked article, and comments expressing my opinion about it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 01:43:48 PM »
I make it a point to avoid clicking on links on CC choosing to copy and paste into a new browser window if I want to go there.  Paranoid?  Maybe but I always do it that way.     
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Houstonguy34

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 01:49:05 PM »
Sorry m new and guilty of posting like like now.. I will make sure to leave commentary also

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 01:51:26 PM »
I never click on a DU link.  Don't want to give Skinner the clicks.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 02:25:44 PM »
I never click on a DU link.  Don't want to give Skinner the clicks.

I only do if I know I've logged out of whichever device I'm using.  Several DUmp accounts I'd wish to keep using.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 04:52:24 PM »
Sorry m new and guilty of posting like like now.. I will make sure to leave commentary also

Guilty as sin.   :angryvillagers:
Take your flogging like a man.  :ha:  :asssmack: :asssmack: :asssmack:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 10:16:18 PM »
I chose 'Not at all,' but if everything is dead and I am seriously avoiding productive effort, I will very rarely actually follow the link.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 10:23:29 PM »

Commentary isn't something that is necessary either, its more of excerpts of what is found at the link, and if pertaining to DUmpass posts, quotes from the thread.. or the best ones. Often the hateful poop stains will delete their posts after they sober up and realize what they said. This is our way of forever immortalizing them and their stupid for all to see, and forever.
As for myself, I usually visit the links anyway if it's a poster I've come to recognize as posting good stuff normally... but a lot of folks wont if they don't know what the context is up front.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2018, 10:32:31 PM »
But I may get bored and Docks them crackles. 

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 01:29:16 PM »
Another reason why we typically post comments from the DU threads is because in many cases, certain posts or even the thread gets deleted. We would then have a way of preserving these gems should we need to use them for reference later on.

This, for example...