Author Topic: Why are we holding entertainers to a higher standard than the president? (COLUMN  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Why are we holding entertainers to a higher standard than the president? (COLUMN)
http://www.collegian.psu.edu/opinion/columnists/article_6756b69a-2d70-11e8-96cf-378582a39e21.html

Recently, actor and comedian Jim Carrey found himself in the middle of a controversy surrounding artwork he shared on social media. Carrey’s drawing was an unflattering likeness of White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

Carrey tweeted a photo of the artwork with the comment: “This is the portrait of a so-called Christian whose only purpose in life is to lie for the wicked. Monstrous!”

Two days later, he tweeted another of his drawings, this time depicting President Donald Trump as the Wicked Witch of the West with two flying monkeys and commented: “If you liked my last cartoon you may also enjoy… ‘THE WICKED WITCH OF THE WEST WING AND PUTIN’S FLYING MONKEYS.’”

Proof? Can you show me that comedians and entertainers are being held to some higher standard? Sounds like another word for playing victim.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:05:51 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline thundley4

I've seen some of his art directed at Trump. If a grade school kid drew something similar, the authorities would recommend removing the child from his parents and place him under observation.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
I've seen some of his art directed at Trump. If a grade school kid drew something similar, the authorities would recommend removing the child from his parents and place him under observation.

If they can do that to a grade school child, why not them.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:53:33 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du