Author Topic: They will listen when a shitload of them are voted out of office. Kentuck  (Read 1816 times)

Offline CC27

kentuck (84,727 posts)

They will listen when a shitload of them are voted out of office.

I guarantee that will get their attention.

And not until that happens, unfortunately.

Nothing will change their minds except the realization that they are going to be gone from Congress.

Only then will they stop worshiping the "golden calf" of the NRA.

The students of the Youth Rebellion have the right idea.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210272936

Every time you open your mouth you sound more and more DUmb. Keep up the good work.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: They will listen when a shitload of them are voted out of office. Kentuck
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 10:41:05 AM »
Ya gotta love how they all treat the NRA like it is some big, singular, entity, instead of it being 4MM~ individual ... who vote in huge percentages!

I certainly hope they all jump on the "We'll take your guns if you vote us into office" bandwagon.  November would be practically a sweep.

I just wish they would answer a simple question;

Knowing the NYPD has a 'hit' rate of +/- 18% in a shoot out;

What odds would you prefer to take?  0% chance of shooting back and protecting yourself/students/family ... or somewhere north of 0% up to and including an 18% chance?

They don't like that question.  I've been debating an idiot on FB asking this same question.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 10:48:39 AM »
Between being against the tax cuts and wanting to take away everyone's weapons, they are practically giving the mid-terms to the Republicans.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 10:49:51 AM »
The students of the Youth Rebellion have the right idea.

Except they can't vote and have no money. And they need to be in bed by 10 o' clock. :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 10:57:18 AM »
Except they can't vote and have no money. And they need to be in bed by 10 o' clock. :loser:

Which is why they wanted to dumb down the voting age yet again to 16.  Anyone remember the years of 18-21?   Be honest.  I left home at 18 for college.  Next thing I remember I was 21.  What happened in between is a faint memory of searching for answers and usually finding all the wrong ones.   :cheersmate: 
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 11:10:43 AM »
I'm a conservative who lives in California. I'm outvoted 70%-95% of the time. I do not let those votes determine my views.

That said, good luck transmogrifying that WHEN into present reality, kt.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online hillneck

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 11:40:58 AM »
Another reason why the Kentuck and his ilk are called DUmmies.  Politicians, unless running in a liberal cesspool area, will not come across as anti gun.  If they do, they stand literally no chance of getting elected.  Even people who are not gun people understand giving away freedoms is a bad idea.  If you strike away the 2nd Amendment, the rest will fall quickly.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 11:47:41 AM »
Ya gotta love how they all treat the NRA like it is some big, singular, entity, instead of it being 4MM~ individual ... who vote in huge percentages!

I certainly hope they all jump on the "We'll take your guns if you vote us into office" bandwagon.  November would be practically a sweep.

I just wish they would answer a simple question;

Knowing the NYPD has a 'hit' rate of +/- 18% in a shoot out;

What odds would you prefer to take?  0% chance of shooting back and protecting yourself/students/family ... or somewhere north of 0% up to and including an 18% chance?

They don't like that question.  I've been debating an idiot on FB asking this same question.

KC

I will take a 100% chance of reasonably defending myself against a gunman.

I can't help but wonder if the coach/unarmed security guard wished he had a gun as Cruz burst into the classroom, I would bet the house that he did.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 11:53:52 AM »
A guarantee?  Bank on it?
 :ohnoes:  :panic:  :ohnoes:

Following in the failure of Wee Willie Pitt, huh Kentuck?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 12:05:24 PM »
Doubtful, Kentuck . . .

Dems want gun control, but worry it could cost them midterms

By Amie Parnes and Mike Lillis - 02/22/18 06:00 AM EST

Democrats mulling how to approach gun control on the campaign trail this year are weighing their tough history on the subject against the burning politics of the moment.

The killings of 17 people at a Florida high school has led to an outpouring of student protests and new energy for the gun control movement. Polls show almost unanimous support for an expansion of background checks.

But the issue is a delicate one for party leaders hoping to flip both chambers in this year’s midterm elections by defeating Republicans in conservative-leaning districts where tougher gun laws can be radioactive.

As the issue continues to dominate the headlines, some Democrats back an understated approach, particularly with vulnerable Democrats like Sens. Heidi Heitkamp (N.D.) and Joe Manchin  (W.Va.) up for reelection in red states.

“It's certainly more of a base issue than in years past,” said one Senate Democratic aide who works for a senator who has been mentioned as a 2020 presidential candidate.

Go for it, Ken****.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/374961-dems-want-gun-control-but-worry-it-could-cost-them-midterms
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 01:09:22 PM »
Stepping back a little ...

* Gun confiscation is a losing issue, but Ds embrace it;

* Trump's tax cuts are benefiting 10s, 100s of millions of Americans, but the Ds dismiss and condemn it;

* Dems' embrace of DACA and holding budget bills hostage to it puts the interests of illegal aliens over the rights of US citizens and legal immigrants;

* Trump's rollbacks of Obamian hyper-regulation is unleashing economic growth, but the Ds condemn it.

How many winning issues are the Ds going to hand to the Rs?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 01:22:23 PM »
The “students of the Youth Rebellion” are useful idiots.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 01:49:02 PM »
DUmmies, gun sales went through the roof.................
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 02:22:36 PM »
I will take a 100% chance of reasonably defending myself against a gunman.

I can't help but wonder if the coach/unarmed security guard wished he had a gun as Cruz burst into the classroom, I would bet the house that he did.

Shortly after the attack I saw a student interviewed who said that lives could have been saved if the coach had had his gun.  I can't find the interview now, but it made me believe that the coach may have had a CCW but wasn't allowed to carry.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2018, 04:06:07 PM »
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Delmar

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 07:42:50 PM »
Another reason why the Kentuck and his ilk are called DUmmies. Politicians, unless running in a liberal cesspool area, will not come across as anti gun.  If they do, they stand literally no chance of getting elected. Even people who are not gun people understand giving away freedoms is a bad idea.  If you strike away the 2nd Amendment, the rest will fall quickly.

You can say that again.

My problem with the NRA is that for too many years, they snuggled up with dirt bag pieces of shit like Dingy Harry Reid.  Dingy Harry had a B rating with the NRA.  The kind of scum bag who will strip away every other one of your rights will eventually get around to taking away your guns.

As the Tea Party Express rolled into Searchlight on Saturday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid wasn’t home. Instead, he spent his morning at the grand opening of the Clark County Shooting Park, firing a shotgun at one of the facility’s new ranges.

“Everyone has said this is the greatest park in the United States of America, but I say it’s the greatest gun park in the world,” Reid said.

Reid helped to secure land and $61 million for the 2,900-acre facility under the Southern Nevada Public Lands Management Act. He was joined at the ribbon-cutting ceremony Saturday by National Rifle Association of America Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, Rep. Shelley Berkley, Rep. Dina Titus, state Sen. John Jay Lee and Clark County Commissioner Tom Collins.
https://lasvegassun.com/news/2010/mar/27/tea-party-town-harry-reid-helps-open-shooting-park/
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden