Author Topic: Turn OFF Fox News !!!! (Bouncy)  (Read 2669 times)

Offline DUmpDiver

Turn OFF Fox News !!!! (Bouncy)
« on: February 19, 2018, 03:14:23 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210254346

:rotf: :rotf:reACTIONary (2,159 posts)

Turn OFF Fox News !!!!
A couple years ago Color of Change started a campaign to Turn Off Fox News, and sent out bumper stickers. Actually, they were about the right size to palm and sort of covertly slap onto a public TV screen. (But that would be wrong.)

Since then, whenever I'm in a public place and Fox News is on, I ask for the channel to be changed, and basically all the time, the employees are happy to oblige. I usually ask for CNN.

So, this happens every time I go to the local Burger King. Fox is always on and I always get it flipped. But Friday they were already tuned into CNN and the breaking news was Muller's Russian indictments. I was going over some eMails, but keeping my ear on the development. Then I hear a loud, obnoxious voice instructing one of the employees to turn the channel to.... FOX.

I turned to him and said, excuse me, but I'm listening to the broadcast. He pointed out (loud and not polite) that I was reading my eMail - I told him I'm a multi-itasker, and that the news is an important development. He scoffed and (yes, loud and not polite) "well enjoy your fake news". I answered that it is journalism, not fake news. Just then CNN displayed its logo and announced "First, The Facts".

He sat down next to me, but when I didn't budge, he picked up his tray and headed to other side of the room. All along the way he kept blathering out loud that he was a friend of the owner, that the owner liked Fox news, and he was going to talk to the owner about this! So I said, equally loud, that I wanted to talk to the owner also. I got out my flip phone and walked over to his table and told him I would give him my phone number so he could pass it on to the owner and the owner could give me a call. This startled him and he told me to stay away from his table. I let him know that he was the one who cried out "fake news" and I just answered; he was the one who threatened to "talk to the owner" and I just answered. I told him that if didn't have anything more to say, I wouldn't have anything more to say - but if he did, I would.

That shut him up. He finished his meal in silence and left.

TURN OFF FOX NEWS!

Only 3 bongs because everyone in the place didn't stand up and applaud.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Turn OFF Fox News !!!! (Bouncy)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 06:00:43 AM »
Sounds like he kind of a-hole that spends four hours a day camping in a fast-food joint for the wifi and bottomless soda.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 08:41:36 AM »
Sounds like he kind of a-hole that spends four hours a day camping in a fast-food joint for the wifi and bottomless soda.

:hi5: !

So, this happens every time I go to the local Burger King.

Burger Kings have TVs in their eating room? That's a new one to me, though I probably haven't set foot in a BK in years. BK used to be #2 to M, but they've gone downhill the past 2 or 3 decades. Now apparently they're #4 or 5 behind Subway and Starbucks, with Wendy's about the same in revenue (I'd take Wendy's over BK every time!). I don't think I've seen a TV in M either.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 08:51:41 AM »
The only part of the story that rings true to me is the part where the primitive is being an A-hole--that part is believable.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 09:12:55 AM »
Since then, whenever I'm in a public place and Fox News is on, I ask for the channel to be changed, and basically all the time, the employees are happy to oblige. I usually ask for CNN.

If true, then why is the channel on Fox in the first place?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 09:50:39 AM »
Lately I have had to turn off Fox as well. The liberals they have on who run off at the mouth and can't or won't answer a question or engage in a meaningful conversation just make me nuts. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 09:57:18 AM »
Lately I have had to turn off Fox as well. The liberals they have on who run off at the mouth and can't or won't answer a question or engage in a meaningful conversation just make me nuts. :thatsright:

Too reminiscent of DU luminaries?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 10:41:32 AM »
I was going over some eMails, but keeping my ear on the development.

Staying woke at the BK.   :rotf:

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 12:44:40 PM »
Too reminiscent of DU luminaries?

Well, DU is the internet, some of them could be normal people acting a little demented. However on Fox the people are just as demented, but some are actually elected politicians working in our government. That is what's scary. :panic: :panic:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 01:30:24 PM »
Hey, CNN has to PAY places to watch their propaganda. 
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 01:38:50 PM »
Hey I'm not a big fan of fast food.  It usually gives me indigestion, but our local MacDonalds here in liberal VT has fox news on all the time. I think it's usually up to the owner.  Chances are if the guy is enough of a businessman to own the franchise, he's smart enough to be a conservative.  The 16 yr old kid that is wiping down tables doesn't know jacksh*t about what's going on in the world.

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 02:23:05 PM »
:hi5: !

Burger Kings have TVs in their eating room?
That's a new one to me, though I probably haven't set foot in a BK in years. BK used to be #2 to M, but they've gone downhill the past 2 or 3 decades. Now apparently they're #4 or 5 behind Subway and Starbucks, with Wendy's about the same in revenue (I'd take Wendy's over BK every time!). I don't think I've seen a TV in M either.

Here in Ohio, Burger King, Wendy's, and McDonald's (practically) all have televisions going, and most of the time it is FOX, although occasionally I have seen CNN at a McDonald's.

Subway and Starbucks tend to be smaller: I have not seen a television in them in the area I travel (central and western Ohio (from Toledo to Cincinnati and Dayton to Columbus).
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 04:06:59 PM »
Here in Ohio, Burger King, Wendy's, and McDonald's (practically) all have televisions going, and most of the time it is FOX, although occasionally I have seen CNN at a McDonald's.

Subway and Starbucks tend to be smaller: I have not seen a television in them in the area I travel (central and western Ohio (from Toledo to Cincinnati and Dayton to Columbus).

I've seen them in McDonald's around me.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 12:20:45 PM »
Maybe they can get Dain Bramaged Doug Bulna to steal their remote  :lmao:

He's still listed here: https://www.zoominfo.com/p/Doug-Bulna/1106842049
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 01:24:42 PM »
Maybe they can get Dain Bramaged Doug Bulna to steal their remote  :lmao:

He's still listed here: https://www.zoominfo.com/p/Doug-Bulna/1106842049

Wonder if it’s accurate...

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 12:05:53 PM »
Not sure. I guess I should go back and post in the Bulna thread again.

Gearhart Chevrolet has been changed to Schumacher Chevrolet Denville. Not sure if the lobby still plays Fox or if there is a remote attracting cobwebs in the rafters. In any case, a guy named Mike Norato is their IT Director.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle