Author Topic: Mueller hands down indictments, DUmmies having a sad!  (Read 3275 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Mueller hands down indictments, DUmmies having a sad!
« on: February 16, 2018, 01:14:43 PM »
Multiple threads at DUmmyland about this and I’m not in a position to grab any. I think a lot of them are going to need to be put on suicide watch.  :rotf:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: Mueller hands down indictments, DUmmies having a sad!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 01:23:05 PM »
Special counsel Robert Mueller said a grand jury had indicted 13 Russian nationals and three Russian entities for alleged interference in the 2016 presidential election.
:yawn:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 01:55:28 PM »
Rosenstein said there is no allegation in the indictment that any American was a knowing participant in the scheme, nor is there any allegation that the scheme affected the outcome of the election.

They are not going to like that.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/16/russians-indicted-in-special-counsel-robert-muellers-probe.html
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 02:17:41 PM »
 :rotf: And the "interference" began in 2013, some 2 years before Trump announced. :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 02:36:01 PM »
Multiple threads at DUmmyland about this and I’m not in a position to grab any. I think a lot of them are going to need to be put on suicide watch.  :rotf:

KC
If the DUmbshits go on a suicide watch can I get it on PPV?  :-)
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 02:50:52 PM »

DVR it so I can watch and pause in slow motion.    :lmao:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 04:34:04 PM »
 :nelson:

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 05:28:56 PM »

We have another thread here -- apparently some of the DUmmies think this is only the beginning and that the perp-walk documents against the entire Trump family and everyone who ever met DJT and shared a salad with Russian dressing will start pouring out.

Anyone with half a brain can see this is thin gruel.  I read the indictment and IT reads like a JFK conspiracy novel.
 Lots of supposition and almost no references to real evidence.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 05:52:30 PM »
If these DUmpnemotodes were any DUmmer, we would need to bring back agent Orange (heh heh).  Dang, I need some anti-Viag stat!!!  It hurts so good....

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 05:54:11 PM »
After the Dems have gone to such great lengths to extend full Constitutional protections to non-citizens, it's going to be amusing to see them fight a First Amendment defense to this shit.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2018, 06:07:08 PM »
We have another thread here -- apparently some of the DUmmies think this is only the beginning and that the perp-walk documents against the entire Trump family and everyone who ever met DJT and shared a salad with Russian dressing will start pouring out.

Anyone with half a brain can see this is thin gruel.  I read the indictment and IT reads like a JFK conspiracy novel.
 Lots of supposition and almost no references to real evidence.

Pretty much, but for me, it reminded me of the committee that didn't want to be.  The PTB wants an answer.   The committee hems and haws, searching for what the PTB wants to hear.   Finally buzz words are strung together and a long baffling document is produced.  Everyone is sick of the project and just run it up the flag pole.  PTB has long since forgotten about the committee and declares mission accomplished.  Bonus checks all around.   :whistling: 

Well, that and Mueller found a horse head in his bed.   :lmao:    :fuelfire: :rotf:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 08:31:13 PM »
What these democrat plebeians lack is a stack of Green in their Red Right hand....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrxePKps87k

Heh heh

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2018, 11:07:46 PM »
I'm waiting for one of the DUmmies to consider the implications of the indictment, specifically the part about foreign nationals utilizing social media to "influence elections" in violation of federal law.  Many of the posters, and some of the most prominent posters, on Skin's island are foreigners, so they would seemingly be breaking the same laws.  An even bigger issue is that one of the three founders and owners of DU was (and may still be) a foreign national when the site was established.  And his nationality was not a secret. So it appears, based on Mueller's indictment, that Skinner, Elad and EarlG should definitely be looking at a perp walk and many of the Star Members should be contacting a lawyer about knowingly providing financial assistance to a foreign national seeking to influence federal elections.  Is it time for Skinner to get "hacked" again so he can scrub his archives?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 11:55:05 PM »
I'm waiting for one of the DUmmies to consider the implications of the indictment, specifically the part about foreign nationals utilizing social media to "influence elections" in violation of federal law.  Many of the posters, and some of the most prominent posters, on Skin's island are foreigners, so they would seemingly be breaking the same laws.  An even bigger issue is that one of the three founders and owners of DU was (and may still be) a foreign national when the site was established.  And his nationality was not a secret. So it appears, based on Mueller's indictment, that Skinner, Elad and EarlG should definitely be looking at a perp walk and many of the Star Members should be contacting a lawyer about knowingly providing financial assistance to a foreign national seeking to influence federal elections.  Is it time for Skinner to get "hacked" again so he can scrub his archives?

Oh, excellent point!  I hadn’t thought of this.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2018, 06:53:00 AM »
... Many of the posters, and some of the most prominent posters, on Skin's island are foreigners, so they would seemingly be breaking the same laws. ...

The Jamaican Not-Hottie, "malaise".

Is "NanceGregg" a US ex-pat living in Canuckia? Or a Canuckian who lived for a time in the US?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2018, 08:19:50 AM »

A lot of that all-important Count One depends on showing they were actually acting as agents of a foreign government rather than just being foreigners acting for their own reasons, and whether public statements in a free-speech society are actually 'Interference in an election.'  I suspect they may have to put on evidence they don't want to reveal to actually close the deal on showing that it was the actual Russian Federation government rather than just some troublemaking Russian dudes acting on their own.

The other two counts are more like garden-variety Russian gangster crimes (Wire fraud and identity theft) and only involve a relatively small subset of the Defendants, which will be much easier to handle since that kind of stuff has few novel issues and gets prosecuted all the time without the nationality of the Defendants mattering one way or the other.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2018, 02:52:43 PM »
A lot of that all-important Count One depends on showing they were actually acting as agents of a foreign government rather than just being foreigners acting for their own reasons, and whether public statements in a free-speech society are actually 'Interference in an election.'  I suspect they may have to put on evidence they don't want to reveal to actually close the deal on showing that it was the actual Russian Federation government rather than just some troublemaking Russian dudes acting on their own.

The other two counts are more like garden-variety Russian gangster crimes (Wire fraud and identity theft) and only involve a relatively small subset of the Defendants, which will be much easier to handle since that kind of stuff has few novel issues and gets prosecuted all the time without the nationality of the Defendants mattering one way or the other.

Ahhhh, now I understand what you were saying above!!  Thanks for weighing in DAT.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2018, 03:25:11 PM »

Does Mueller Indictment Mean Clinton Campaign Can Be Indicted for Chris Steele?
https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/does-mueller-indictment-mean-clinton-campaign-can-be-indicted-for-chris-steele/

Special Counsel Robert Mueller indicted foreign citizens for trying to influence the American public about an election because those citizens did not register as a foreign agent nor record their financial expenditures to the Federal Elections Commission. By that theory, when will Mueller indict Christopher Steele, FusionGPS, PerkinsCoie, the DNC and the Clinton Campaign? Mueller’s indictment against 13 Russian trolls claimed their social media political activity was criminal because: they were foreign citizens; they tried to influence an election; and they neither registered under the Foreign Agents Registration Act nor reported their funding to the Federal Elections Commission.

First, if Mueller’s theory is correct, three things make Steele a criminal: first, he is a foreign citizen; second, he tried to influence an election, which he received payments to do (including from the FBI itself); and third, he neither registered as a foreign agent nor listed his receipts and expenditures to the Federal Election Commission. Also, according to the FBI, along the way, Steele lied…a lot, while the dossier he disseminated contained its own lies based on bought-and-paid for smears from foreign sources reliant on rumors and innuendo.

Second, if Mueller’s theory is correct, three things make FusionGPS a criminal co-conspirator: it knew Steele was a foreign citizen; it knew, and paid, Steele to influence an election; and it knew, and facilitated, Steele neither registering as a foreign agent nor reporting his funding from the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton campaign to the Federal Election Commission.

I read the same thing.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2018, 05:20:31 PM »
DUmmy "stinky':

Sat Feb 17, 2018, 05:27 PM
Star Member Stinky The Clown (58,055 posts)

So let's say the best of best cases happens and there is hard evidence of criminality . . . .

. . . . in the 2016 election and there is hard proof of vote total changes and that HRC actually won.

Then what?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210248637

:rotf: delusional beyond belief

Pete, Nance is a New York state native that moved to Toronto with her now-deceased moonbat husband JeffR.

Offline Ausonius

DUmmies having a sad: Russians Bought Ads AFTER Election
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2018, 06:57:23 PM »
The BIG problem for the DUmmies...these Russkies bought their FaceBook ads AFTER THE ELECTION!!!

From the Vice-President of FaceBook:

...I have seen all of the Russian ads and I can say very definitively that swaying the election was *NOT* the main goal,” Goldman said.

“The majority of the Russian ad spend happened AFTER the election. We shared that fact, but very few outlets have covered it because it doesn’t align with the main media narrative of Trump and the election,” he continued.

See:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/17/russia-ads-facebook-rob-goldman/
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2018, 12:12:41 AM »

I agree with you that the goal of the investigation is to prove that the Russian government coordinated to affect the election and the DOJ may be hard-pressed to prove it, or may not want to publically reveal what can be proved.  But, in bringing criminal charges against individuals, Mueller has basically fallen back on FEC laws which are vague on allowable behavior. It appears his approach is to treat the social media offerings as an undisclosed contribution and he doesn't need to prove that behavior was state-sponsored to be illegal.  Laws about foreigners being disallowed from voting and restricting their abilities to contribute to candidates are pretty clear, but the laws about what constitutes material and compensable support to a candidate leave a lot of grey areas.  For example, foreign nationals are allowed to volunteer for candidates, but only in limited roles, and foreigners are allowed to participate in partisan political events, but are supposed to only speak about issues and not specifically endorse any candidate.  Many of the FEC positions are similar to the rules imposed upon churches to attempt to maintain at least the appearance of impartiality.

I was speaking tongue-in-cheek about the foreign participants on DU, but I wonder if Mueller hasn't introduced a dangerous precedent.  If you believe everything in Mueller's indictment, then there was a coordinated and well-funded attempt to create discord among American voters utilizing social media.  However, based on the indictment, the attempted influence was bipartisan.  So, if you extrapolate all the way to the Kremlin, Putin was just trying to make an acrimonious election even worse.  And, if all that can be proved, we come to the conclusion that Putin is a tool.  But any interference at that level is a diplomatic, not criminal, matter.

Mueller, by pursuing criminal charges, has introduced a new grey area.  The whole world is on the internet so what constitutes foreign influence? Facebook pages, Twitter and message board posts?  I'm interested in seeing how this is framed going forward, because at the moment Mueller has taken the position that we are all stupid and must be protected from BS on the internet, which is concerning from a First Amendment perspective.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2018, 06:33:17 AM »
Well-said, BamaMoose, but all that also brings up questions about the First Amendment Constitutionality of those FEC laws and regulations, an arena where such laws have not fared well in court in the past (Such as in the Citizens United case, or the McCain-Feingold law).  And, of course, there is a world of difference between promoting one candidate and disparaging one, which could knock out any of the 'Anti-' ads and fake news right off the bat.