Author Topic: The answer: tax semi-auto weapons  (Read 2396 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
The answer: tax semi-auto weapons
« on: February 15, 2018, 09:49:33 PM »
XRubicon (1,547 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210237573

The answer: tax semi-auto weapons

All semi auto weapons. I would say 1000% ought to shut this shit show down.

Make non-repeating weapons tax free. After all we don't want to infringe their rights...

:thatsright:

Non-repeating weapons? Like Muskets and cannons?

Star Member wasupaloopa (944 posts)

1. Tax ammo. A use tax to pay back the burial expenses FL offered to pay

Also to pay for all the grief councilors

I always save these posts to throw up when the leftists, during an election, claim they are not trying to take all our guns away...

Star Member VMA131Marine (1,774 posts)

6. My solution

Require an FFL for all semi-auto firearms with sufficient muzzle kinetic energy to penetrate a typical police ballistic vest. That should essentially move all weapons like the AR-15 into a category that requires a much more extensive background check without banning them altogether.

You understand that it is the round that generates the energy- not the rifle, right? A singleshot .50 cal will penetrate any vest out there... and isn't covered under your common sense laws...
A low powered .223 won't... and can be used in a single shot bolt action rifle... or a M4.

XRubicon (1,547 posts)

10. Automatic weapons were essentially banned by tax.

It works.

In a direct violation of the Second Amendment...

D_Master81 (496 posts)

12. $5000 per bullet

Because as Chris Rock once said, "there'd be no innocent bystanders, if someone got shot, you know they deserved it".

:thatsright: ****ing idiots.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: The answer: tax semi-auto weapons
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 10:17:03 PM »
Libs can stop this by trying to divide our nation by 37 different identity groups.  Ban everything you want or try & tax it out of existence, it will never go away.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 05:28:54 AM »
Do they actually realize a revolver is also a semi automatic gun?
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 05:56:35 AM »
More simple solutions from simple minds.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 08:17:41 AM »
More simple solutions from simple minds.

Solutions that have noting to do with solving the real issues. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 10:40:13 AM »
The best "solutions" on how to stop gun violence always comes  from individuals that cannot pass an NICS check.

:whistling:
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 11:07:24 AM »
XRubicon (1,547 posts)

10. Automatic weapons were essentially banned by tax.

It works.

maybe we should consider a tax on abortions......
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 11:21:27 AM »

I propose 60,000,000%, 1% for every child slaughtered in abortuaries.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 12:14:37 PM »

$200 tax stamp (on top of the butcher's bill) and a federal background check akin to an anal exam in order to acquire an indulgence from the state to murder  an infant? I get the distinct feeling 80% of the parents of these DUmbasses wish they could go back in time and take advantage of a deal like that. :fuelfire:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 12:39:38 PM »
Always hilarious to me that liberals don’t think you should have a voice in any debate where you’re not of that demographic.

Not black?  Can’t talk about BLM or NAACP, or ...

Not a woman?  No voice in women’s health, or equal pay, or sexual harassment, or ...

Not a Muslim?  No right to discuss their bigotry, or violence, or sharia law, or ...

Bring up ‘gun control’ and the ‘experts’ at DU come out of the woodwork!!  It’s painfully obvious most have not a clue what they’re talking about, but they simply won’t shut the **** up!

They all also become crack shots who think it’s just super simple to head shoot quail, from the hip, with a .22 ... rifle or pistol, it doesn’t matter, they’re all Annie Oakley.

These are not the people who should ever discuss our right to arms. I refuse to debate anyone on a firearm issue unless they have at least some basic knowledge. It’s just a waste of time. If they can’t even acknowledge the mini 14 is basically the same result for as the scary black AR ... why continue the discussion?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2018, 02:54:59 PM »
Always hilarious to me that liberals don’t think you should have a voice in any debate where you’re not of that demographic.

Not black?  Can’t talk about BLM or NAACP, or ...

Not a woman?  No voice in women’s health, or equal pay, or sexual harassment, or ...

Not a Muslim?  No right to discuss their bigotry, or violence, or sharia law, or ...

Bring up ‘gun control’ and the ‘experts’ at DU come out of the woodwork!!  It’s painfully obvious most have not a clue what they’re talking about, but they simply won’t shut the **** up!

They all also become crack shots who think it’s just super simple to head shoot quail, from the hip, with a .22 ... rifle or pistol, it doesn’t matter, they’re all Annie Oakley.

These are not the people who should ever discuss our right to arms. I refuse to debate anyone on a firearm issue unless they have at least some basic knowledge. It’s just a waste of time. If they can’t even acknowledge the mini 14 is basically the same result for as the scary black AR ... why continue the discussion?

KC

Wait until they find out about AR10's!  They would $hit if they watched the damage my BAR can do compared to the 5.56.

NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline hillneck

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 05:50:28 PM »
Wait until they find out about AR10's!  They would $hit if they watched the damage my BAR can do compared to the 5.56.

Yeah, they're not very gun smart.  They just regurgitate whatever the democRAT talking point of the day happens to be.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2018, 05:55:45 PM »
If I need a semi, I WILL have it.  Don't assume I won't if you are a DUmmy out to harm others.

My last Police report said local witnesses heard one shot, when I tapped off two with a simple double action wheel.

Don't panic, shoot.