Author Topic: House Ways and Means Committee Votes to Refer Lois Lerner For Criminal Charges  (Read 2286 times)

Offline mrclose

BREAKING: House Ways and Means Committee Votes to Refer Lois Lerner For Criminal Charges

Just ran across this!

The House Ways and Means Committee has voted to 23-14 along party lines to refer former head of tax exempt groups at the IRS Lois Lerner to the Justice Department for prosecution. Although the details about exactly what charges will be have not yet been released, lawmakers are arguing Lerner has not been truthful with Congress or the IRS inspector general and leaked confidential tax information.

Last time a referral like this happened, it was to Major League Baseball player Roger Clemens, who was pursued by the Department of Justice for lying to Congress but was exonerated in court.

Last summer President Obama called the targeting "outrageous" and promised to hold people responsible and accountable for what happened.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/04/09/lerner-contempt-vote-n1822069
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline mrclose

Sorry.

Old story. :(

I guess nothing happened anyway! :mad:

~ Anonymous

Online Rick

• Crazy old man
And,  you got me so excited.

Offline thundley4

Sorry.

Let me guess. You saw a link to that on Twitter or Facebook? I saw it on Twitter, but realized that congress is still in recess so it had to be an old story.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Sorry.

Democrats usually walk.

As a democrat once said; "money talks and bs walks".

Michael Joseph "Ozzie" Myers was a member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Myers is best known for his involvement in the Abscam scandal in 1980. Myers was videotaped accepting a bribe of USD$50,000 from undercover FBI agents on August 22, 1979. On that tape, Myers is recorded saying that "money talks and bullshit walks."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Myers_%28politician%29

Sometimes they get what they deserve, but sometimes not.

I'm starting to think that even though democrats are in the minority in congress, they somehow have control of the republican party.  :censored:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline mrclose

Let me guess. You saw a link to that on Twitter or Facebook? I saw it on Twitter, but realized that congress is still in recess so it had to be an old story.
Yep!

~ Anonymous

Offline sneakypete1

• Probationary (Probie)

I'm starting to think that even though democrats are in the minority in congress, they somehow have control of the republican party.  :censored:

That's because it is "them against us",and "them" are the professional political classes.