Author Topic: the 2016 William Rivers Pitt award (cali)  (Read 14351 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
the 2016 William Rivers Pitt award (cali)
« on: December 24, 2016, 02:36:13 PM »
The William Rivers Pitt award, actually the “Lifetime Achievement” award, and informally the “Bill” in tribute to the Bostonian Drunkard, is for the primitive one most remembers from the past, from the beginning of Skins’s island on January 20, 2001.

It can be a current primitive, a banished primitive, a still-living primitive, a dead primitive—but a primitive can win it only one time.

Past winners have been:

2015 Omaha Steve
2014 DainBramaged
2013 undergroundpanther
2012 Alan Grayson 
2011 nadinbrzezinski 
2010 BouncyBall (tie)-William Pitt (tie) 
2009 TomInTib

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nominated for the William Rivers Pitt for 2016:

benburch, Fat Che, Fister
cali, the bitter old Vermontese cali primitive
California Peggy, the poetess laureatess of Skins's island
mopinko, Big Mo
NYC_SKP, Skippy

SidDithers, the Nemesis of nadin
Stinky the Clown, the sparkling old dude
TheMagistrate
walldude
Zephyr

And the winner is…..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

…..the bitter old Vermontese cali primitive, “cali.”

Eva was one of the more-prominent primitives from almost the beginning until just a few months ago, when she mysteriously went away, much to the sorrow and lamentations of decent and civilized people who found her, in a rather disturbing way, amusing.

She’s a little over sixty years old, lives in the wilds of extreme northern Vermont, and is famous for her rabid enthusiasm for abortion.  She does have one surviving child, though; she’s admitted however to killing at least one other one.

Probably if she’d been up to it, she would’ve gotten pregnant every other week just so she could “make a statement” having an abortion.  The scioness of a wealthy family in Connecticut and a finished product of an exclusive girls’ private school in California, she was a rebel, although no one seemed quite sure exactly what it was, she was rebelling against.

Her preference for bedmates of African derivation, for example, was not that she liked these guys for themselves, but only because she was coming of age during a time when mixed-race couples still shocked most social sensitivities.  She chose them simply and only because it offended.

Of course, it’s pretty old and stale now, mixed-race couples, hardly controversial, bothering hardly anyone at all.

She was probably trying to “get even” with her parents, who’d given her life, a life she’d immediately screwed up by her pissiness and hostility and contempt for all things good and decent.

She professes herself to be a Buddhist, but again it’s pretty obvious her sentiments are hardly sincere, her real intentions being, again, simply to offend those who’d given her life, Buddhism being far removed from their own background and habits.

Even after all these years, decades, of doing this “oh ram oh ram oh ram” thing, she’s still failed to grasp one of the biggest and easiest precepts of Buddhism, that of becoming mellow towards people one doesn’t like.  She still hates George Bush with a passion and a fury.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

cali is remembered for her negativity about everything and anything, but two experiences of hers are embedded in countless memories; her getting addicted to opiates because of a busted leg that apparently never healed correctly, and her getting fired from a job for bad-mouthing the customers on Skins’s island, a public forum.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Next Up: the #10 Top DUmmie of 2016
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 07:51:44 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline I_B_Perky

Re: the 2016 William Rivers Pitt award
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 03:44:24 PM »
Well congrats Cali.  The Pitts award is quite an achievement.  You can die now knowing that you have actually proven beyond a doubt that you are an award winning Dummie.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 04:29:31 PM »
Cali is of course fondly remembered for the earwigs incident.  We watched it unfold in real time right before our eyes one day.  I doubt a lick of work got done while it was going on.  It was a hell of a good time. 

I don't know how Omaha Steve won last year.  This is supposed to be the most memorable DUmmie of a lifetime.  I find him to be one of the world's most boring men.  Lately, anyway.  Posting about home maintenance?  Zzzzzzz

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 04:51:19 PM »
Cali is of course fondly remembered for the earwigs incident.  We watched it unfold in real time right before our eyes one day.  I doubt a lick of work got done while it was going on.  It was a hell of a good time. 

I don't know how Omaha Steve won last year.  This is supposed to be the most memorable DUmmie of a lifetime.  I find him to be one of the world's most boring men.  Lately, anyway.  Posting about home maintenance?  Zzzzzzz

Cut him a break.... he is dying after all. Or so he says.   :-)
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 04:57:11 PM »
Odd how the primitives spend umpteen years working to achieve the ultimate prize and once they mount the summit, they just fizzle out. It's sort of a conundrum really, they bust a butt supplying us with untold hours of entertainment and once the awards are final, like the mist or' the moor, poof. Quite sad really.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Online Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 08:14:19 PM »
Eva is only useful when the county fair carney fleet is in town.

Offline SarasotaRepub

• eeeeeeevil ReThug
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 08:36:55 PM »
Damn! I forgot to vote on anything this year!!!
It's been a rough one, but I
would have voted for my buddy SidDithers.

So congrats cali!!! :-)
Vader Rules!

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2016, 09:01:07 PM »
Oh, bug nuts. I forgot to vote, too.
 I did vote in the big one early last month.   
At least I did pick one winner. :-)
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 01:27:32 AM »
Congrats to Eva, you bitter old sot!

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2016, 03:10:55 AM »
Is there a link to the earwig thread? That was a waldude to remember.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2016, 10:15:49 AM »
Is there a link to the earwig thread? That was a waldude to remember.

My link resources are giving me fits- not sure if it's due to the SNAFU that happened here the other day or what.  Here is a cached page of the wallduding of Eva, though:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:yxa7F6e5XvMJ:conservativecave.com/index.php%3Ftopic%3D62285.110%3Bwap2+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2016, 11:30:14 AM »
Being of somewhat similar age, I have to say that it sounds like she's self-aged herself by her own bitterness and rebelliousness (maybe some of her bitterness is due to people not giving a @#$% about her rebelliousness?).

Not having hung out here enough and seldom visiting DU-Land, I'm not yet qualified, IMO, to vote on this award, and didn't. Maybe in a couple of years ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2016, 11:34:51 AM »
Being of somewhat similar age, I have to say that it sounds like she's self-aged herself by her own bitterness and rebelliousness (maybe some of her bitterness is due to people not giving a @#$% about her rebelliousness?).

Not having hung out here enough and seldom visiting DU-Land, I'm not yet qualified, IMO, to vote on this award, and didn't. Maybe in a couple of years ...

Oh, I don't know.  You've been here long enough, and the ones that truly deserve this award stick out amongst the other primitive rabble like the 12 disciples did amongst the other followers of Jesus did way back in the day. 

The only struggle for me each year on this list is which one should get the award *this* year, as the nominees all almost certainly deserve it.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2016, 11:53:15 AM »
Oh, I don't know.  You've been here long enough, and the ones that truly deserve this award stick out amongst the other primitive rabble like the 12 disciples did amongst the other followers of Jesus did way back in the day. 

The only struggle for me each year on this list is which one should get the award *this* year, as the nominees all almost certainly deserve it.

Despite my 2009 registration date, I've only been a regular here for a bit over 2 1/2 years. So I don't really know who among the currently well-known worthies are long-termers. L-Bug could win DOTY next year, or be in the Top 5, but I think she just showed up late this year. Hardly worthy of a "life-time achievement" award.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2016, 08:15:30 AM »

would you happen to have any links to the infamous earwig incident? I'd love to read that saga... as long as it's not locked away where I can't get to it.
I haven't been following long enough to have enjoyed these treasures.
I barely know the DUmmies so far, still learning and taking notes.
I'm at a disadvantage. Seems like a lot of "newbies" here aren't really newbies, there are a lot of veterans from other sites.
I really am a newbie... I just don't know the background stuff very much.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2016, 09:27:03 AM »
Would you happen to have any links to the infamous earwig incident? I'd love to read that saga... as long as it's not locked away where I can't get to it.

It's way back here in the DUmpster itself.

https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=62285.0

It's a very long--but funny--thread, and started off with absolutely no hint something was about to happen.  And then it all happened right in front of our own eyes.

I think one has to get about halfway through the thread before it happened, but I advise one start at the beginning anyway.
apres moi, le deluge