Author Topic: Protester Who Chanted For “Dead Cops” Says They Didn’t Mean It  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Protester Who Chanted For “Dead Cops” Says They Didn’t Mean It
http://www.buzzfeed.com/nicolasmedinamora/protester-who-chanted-for-dead-cops-says-they-didnt-mean-it#.te6ZlEKbM

NEW YORK CITY — On Dec. 13, about 100 protesters splintered off from the #MillionsMarch in lower Manhattan — a huge, peaceful demonstration against police brutality — and headed up Sixth Avenue.

They turned east on 32nd Street, and passed right under the window of Tom Dilello, a computer programer who works for a large bank. At about 4:41 p.m., Dilello took an aerial video of the protesters, to capture a chant he heard, he told BuzzFeed News. He uploaded it to YouTube about six minutes later.

The chant in the video — “What do we want? Dead Cops! When do we want it? Now!” — has been viewed nearly half a million times and rallied critics of the protest, especially after a lone gunman killed two police officers on Dec. 20 in Brooklyn after writing “they take 1 of ours…. Let’s take 2 of theirs” and “#RIPEricGarner and #RIPMikeBrown” on Instagram.

They deny advocating for dead cops. Deny.

But some TMOC affiliates said that the intent of the chant is being misrepresented and that it was not meant as a call for violence against individual police officers.

“I don’t think people wanted dead bodies,” the person who participated in the chant said. “It was not bloodlust. Some people were laughing when they were chanting it — there was a humorous element to it. Everyone is a human being, and I don’t think any of us wants to see someone suffer and die.”

Really? I call BS on this one.  :bs:

They advocate violence all the time.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 07:18:13 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DLR Pyro

words have meaning you ****sticks.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

[sarcasm] Just joking ... [/sarcasm]

So, if I yell out for Dead (protected minority)s and get called on it, I can say that I didn't mean it and be off the hook? Ri-i-i-i-ight!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Yelling 'Fire!' in a crowded theater isn't part of the First Amendment either.  Asshole.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
 In Balkanization ,we only wanted Far Right Wingers & Tea Partiers & Oathkeeper/Militia types to die

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
I'm waiting for the next lib shoe to drop.
The lib typical M.O. is to deny deny deny, then counter accuse.
What will these libs who have had their hand caught in the cookie jar accuse their enemies of in response ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline DLR Pyro

I'm waiting for the next lib shoe to drop.
The lib typical M.O. is to deny deny deny, then counter accuse.
What will these libs who have had their hand caught in the cookie jar accuse their enemies of in response ?

That the ones yelling for dead Cops were not from their camp but were agent provocateurs planted by the V.R.W.C., a wholly owned subsidiary of Bushco and with additional sponsorship donations from the B.F.E.E.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
That the ones yelling for dead Cops were not from their camp but were agent provocateurs planted by the V.R.W.C., a wholly owned subsidiary of Bushco and with additional sponsorship donations from the B.F.E.E.

In relation to the veracity of your post, I have already seen libs like Beckel claim that there is only 1% of libs who have such beliefs.
So I can easily see your prediction come true.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline SaintLouieWoman

Perhaps the "peaceful protestors" in Ferguson can use that excuse. I heard a few days ago that the police were called because it was reported folks were stealing whatever was left over from one of the beauty places that had been burned. A friend in STL told me that they were arresting 6 people for carrying out stuff that they found in the rubble when they were fired on from both sides. Luckily the bad guys were poor shots.

The cops shouldn't answer calls from that area. Just let them stew in their own polluted juice.

As far as Bob Beckle, he's a lib pig.