Author Topic: Surprisingly, self-entitled, self-indulgent POSs turn out to be thieves  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: Surprisingly, self-entitled, self-indulgent POSs turn out to be thieves
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2013, 04:02:36 PM »
Manifestor_of_Light (16,955 posts)

38. She gave me verbal permission to drive it. With no time limit.
Thumbing through dictionary, looking for definition of "entitlement".
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Purple Sage

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 09:13:09 PM »
The disdain you show for her here:

I'd say that was a correct assumption on her part.

I hope MOL's mom left a will leaving this vermin 10 cents.  MOL must have been the bane of her poor Mom's existence.
I've known some pathological liars in my time, but 0 takes the prize.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2013, 10:36:50 PM »
Manifestor_of_Light (16,955 posts)

38. She gave me verbal permission to drive it. With no time limit.

No, I didn't have a power of attorney. Every time I tried to help her (like trying to get her in a good nursing home which she refused to do) she accused me of meddling and wanting her money. There were no other children or relatives to help her out.

So I'm the evil bitch for driving it.

How many people actually put a time limit on somebody borrowing something?  That doesn't actually mean that you have the right to use it in perpetuity.  I've borrowed tools from my neighbor.  He didn't tell me "You can use my weed whacker until 6 PM tonight" but it was understood that I should return it, and that I should ask him for permission if I wanted to use it again. 

Reasonable people understand that if the owner wants their belongings back, the borrower is expected to return it. 

Offline Purple Sage

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2013, 10:54:12 PM »
Exponentially ^23 bad.  LOL

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:59:33 PM by Purple Sage »
I've known some pathological liars in my time, but 0 takes the prize.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2013, 11:24:45 PM »
How many people actually put a time limit on somebody borrowing something?  That doesn't actually mean that you have the right to use it in perpetuity.  I've borrowed tools from my neighbor.  He didn't tell me "You can use my weed whacker until 6 PM tonight" but it was understood that I should return it, and that I should ask him for permission if I wanted to use it again. 

Reasonable people understand that if the owner wants their belongings back, the borrower is expected to return it. 
DUmmies = not reasonable.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2013, 05:05:49 AM »

Quite. I lent a book to a friend, I wasn't going to need it for a while and he was interested in it - I didn't give him a time-limit, I didn't see him at all over the summer...then I did need it back so I dropped him a message the day before I was going to see him, and he gave the book back.

Sorry it's not quite the same bouncy tale of entitlement and theft...but lending is not the same as giving, and civilised people know the difference.