Author Topic: What products do you use not as directed  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
What products do you use not as directed
« on: June 27, 2011, 08:14:34 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x9720768

rurallib Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Jun-26-11 09:35 PM
Original message
What commercial product do you use in a way not intended?

Me - I have been using hair conditioner as a to shave with for at least a decade.
That stuff is really slick so the razor doesn't drag and last longer. And the shave itself is so much better than any made for shaving products.

I didn't think primitive men shaved their face and the women their legs. Oh. That's right. They do a total body shave. The authorities can't detect drugs in their system.

Silly me.

applegrove Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Jun-26-11 09:49 PM
Response to Original message
1. I used tea bags to soak my feet and get rid of bacteria. I use beef babyfood to get my cat to eat a

pill. I use diaper rash cream to get rid of the odd sore or rash. No baby in my life since I babysat when I was 16.

My dad started using a Lee valley Tools wood shaver as a lemon zester and around the same time it took off with chef's around the world. Great minds think alike.

Kali Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Jun-26-11 10:05 PM
4. used to use amway laundry detergent to clean the bong

dissolved that resin really well!

my sons used to use windex to clean their fancy skater shoes (even suede! wtf?)

I wonder if anyone will catch the Amway mention? Evil, evil rethug corp. The CEO ran against Grandholm for Governor.

And the worst medical treatment is:

Tom_Foolery Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Mon Jun-27-11 12:09 AM
5. I use dandruff shampoo to get rid of poison ivy. n/t

Does it work on crabs?

Raffi Ella Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Mon Jun-27-11 12:40 AM
Response to Reply #8
9. Awesome!

I get it at least a few times every summer from running on wooded trails. I'll have to get a bottle and try it out ~Thanks

Only a DUmmy would follow the suggestion of a DUmmy.

Sisaruus Donating Member (663 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Mon Jun-27-11 07:45 AM
Response to Reply #5
17. I use vodka.

No... I don't drink it but that might work if rinsing with it fails. I read about vodka rinses last year. I have had bumper crops of poison ivy (which loves climate change) these last few years. I now keep a bottle of cheap vodka in the shower so it is immediately available when I come in from doing yard work. So far it seems to work.

Skittles Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Mon Jun-27-11 05:19 AM
11. I use foot cream on my elbows

I have my elbows on a counter a great deal of the time at work and need heavy-duty cream to keep 'em soft

What are you, a professional drunk hanging out at bars all day?

originalpckelly Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Mon Jun-27-11 07:45 AM
18. Oddly enough, my post is related to the one above...

I use tampons to clean out my ears.

:lmao:

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Bodadh

• Not in the mood!
Re: What products do you use not as directed
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 08:28:25 AM »
18. Oddly enough, my post is related to the one above...

I use tampons to clean out my ears.

How flipping big are your EARS!?!?

Little tip this summer tho. I once got a really bad sunburn on my ankles and couldn't wear my boots. A guy in my unit told me his doctor told him when he had a sunburn fill a tub full of cool water, add a cup of Downey fabric softener and soak in it as long as you can stand to. I was shocked that it worked so well.
A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

Offline cmypay

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 09:00:38 AM »
Another odd sunburn treatment is tea. I have no idea how/why it works, but taking a tea bag and a bowl of cool water then rubbing the sunburn with said teabag soothes the sunburn.

Offline Bodadh

• Not in the mood!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 09:07:27 AM »
Another odd sunburn treatment is tea. I have no idea how/why it works, but taking a tea bag and a bowl of cool water then rubbing the sunburn with said teabag soothes the sunburn.

I think I found out why, sort of....

The tannins in tea work wonders on a sunburn. You can go about it a couple of different ways. The first is to wet a tea bag (or tea bags) and place it on the sunburned area. The second is to fill a bathtub with cool or lukewarm water and throw a bunch of tea bags in. Soaking in a relaxing, soothing tea bath is another way to alleviate the sting. Your third option is to boil up a big old pot of tea. Once all the tea is steeped, take out the bags and add some ice cubes until the water temperature is tolerable. Soak a towel in the tea (it will stain) and place it over the sun burned area.

http://skincare.lovetoknow.com/Natural_Sunburn_Remedies

To think all those years I suffered sunburns as a kid and there were always tea bags in the fridge.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 09:13:09 AM »

You're wrong. Tea is for stinky feet. See applegrove comment in OP.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Bodadh

• Not in the mood!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 09:21:39 AM »
You're wrong. Tea is for stinky feet. See applegrove comment in OP.

God forbid the OP use soap and water to wash her feet.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 09:23:26 AM »
God forbid the OP use soap and water to wash her feet.
You know what works for stinky feet?  Changing your socks.:thatsright:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 09:27:32 AM »
I'm surprised none of them have posted about using pet medications on themselves yet. I know for sure a few have posted that before.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 10:16:50 AM »
I'm surprised none of them have posted about using pet medications on themselves yet. I know for sure a few have posted that before.

Flea and tick powder

Offline Bodadh

• Not in the mood!
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 10:22:38 AM »
Bet you a few of them use cat nip when they run out of pot. :stoner:

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 10:28:41 AM »

You watch Seinfeld?

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXeV5cqb_3Y[/youtube]
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 12:35:19 PM by Rebel »
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 11:58:33 AM »

Plain white vinegar works on sunburn too. Takes the heat out of it.

Vinegar also works as a hair detangler, will remove "product" buildup, and will bring out red highlights. (Lemon juice does the same for blondes). Can wash windows with it, use in laundry as a detergent boost. 
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Bodadh

• Not in the mood!
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 12:02:34 PM »

Plain white vinegar works on sunburn too. Takes the heat out of it.

Vinegar also works as a hair detangler, will remove "product" buildup, and will bring out red highlights. (Lemon juice does the same for blondes). Can wash windows with it, use in laundry as a detergent boost. 

Yeah it is scary what all you can do with plain white vinegar. Or even baking soda. Mythbusters did a bunch of episodes about what you could do with vodka.....not a lot it turns out.

Offline jukin

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 12:22:33 PM »
Yeah it is scary what all you can do with plain white vinegar. Or even baking soda. Mythbusters did a bunch of episodes about what you could do with vodka.....not a lot it turns out.

Yeah but if you use vodka as intended you don't care.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 12:26:51 PM »

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 12:27:13 PM »

I'm kind of shocked that none of them have mentioned having to eat Alpo since us evil Conservatives are stealing their welfare money.

:???:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 12:32:15 PM »

Are they the "super absorbant" variety?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 01:00:41 PM »

Ear, Nose & Throat docs' use tampons when repairing deviated septums. Easier to insert and remove than packing. Very disconcerting - and quite painful  :bawl: - to have a tampon pulled out of your nostrils..  :o
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 04:19:06 PM »
Yeah but if you use vodka as intended you don't care.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 05:38:39 PM »
I wonder how much longer before one of them mentions spray paint? :whatever:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 06:21:21 PM »
You can use "used" tampons for deer hunting :fuelfire:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2011, 06:50:04 PM »
TaupeDem  (22 posts) Mon Jun-27-11 02:35 PM
Response to Reply #18
34. I've used tampons in the summer in some folds of skin to prevent sweating. EOM

:confused:
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 06:54:35 PM »
:confused:

Yeah, that is a visual I don't want...

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 06:56:04 PM »
folds of skin
That's all I needed to read.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats