Author Topic: What now? How do we help the NEW Egypt?  (Read 1321 times)

Offline CC27

What now? How do we help the NEW Egypt?
« on: February 11, 2011, 01:44:55 PM »
SoCalDem Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Feb-11-11 02:10 PM
Original message

Edited on Fri Feb-11-11 02:11 PM by SoCalDem
First & foremost, tourism has to be revived ASAP.

If the rank & file people can get back to "normal" right away, they will keep their hopeful attitudes.

Whatever agencies are in charge of aid, need to get on the stick and help to address any shortages that are prevalent..especially food & infrastructure issues.

You make friends by helping..not by sitting back until the new government is in place fully.

We sat back and waited when the Soviet Union crumbled and they ended up with many problems they might not have had if we had been of more help in the beginning.

We need our help to be recognized as humanitarian aid..not military only.

If their economy blossoms and the people on the streets start to feel more prosperous, the dodgy zealots will not have much luck with them.

The people have told us all for weeks now, that they are looking West... We cannot look away now.

First off, you, your drop the soap son, and Bobo should move there. Sell the buick for scrap and that should pay for your third class ticket on a ship. When you get there buy a burka and STFU.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x397037

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: What now? How do we help the NEW Egypt?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 01:47:42 PM »
Um, SoCalDem, perhaps we should start working on rebuilding OUR economy before we get to Egypt, m'kay?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 01:54:22 PM »
Well, y'all are real good at sendin' pics of hands or guidin' white light.

How 'bout ya send 'em pics of ya bendin' over and kissin' yer ass goodbye!!!!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 02:00:16 PM »
First off, you, your drop the soap son, and Bobo should move there. Sell the buick for scrap and that should pay for your third class ticket on a ship. When you get there buy a burka and STFU.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x397037

Actually that is some of the best advice anyone could give the dump dolls.  I mean, it sure would help CalMissPigg's look immensely covering that unsightly Adams apple. :rotf:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 02:22:34 PM »
Actually that is some of the best advice anyone could give the dump dolls.  I mean, it sure would help CalMissPigg's look immensely covering that unsightly Adams apple. :rotf:

DUmp Dolls--a descriptor for the wymyn over there.  H5!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ReaganForRushmore

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 02:28:06 PM »
Pray like hell that this isn't Obama's Carter moment with Iran. :censored:

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 02:30:32 PM »
Um, SoCalDem, perhaps we should start working on rebuilding OUR economy before we get to Egypt, m'kay?

First thing I thought. Besides, if all these M.E. countries want us out of their business, then let's get all the way out except for whatever commercial trade they want to do with us.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 02:31:35 PM »
Never been to Egypt but was in Jordan, so I speak without actual experience but some. If I were in charge I would be sending lots of food and medical supplies with clear US AID and our flags on the smallest packaging unit and make sure it was distributed to the Egyptian people and not to the Army of muslim brotherhood.

Could be good to give out information on what a democracy is and what it is not (ie mullah theocracy and sharia law).

I know that Obumbler will not do this but am torn in the reason why. Is it to make sure Egypt goes as far anti-west and toward islam or he is just the least experienced man in any room. 60/40 it is the latter.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 02:39:11 PM by jukin »
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »
Pray like hell that this isn't Obama's Carter moment with Iran. :censored:

Too late! Vegas odds are goin' the other way. "Toots" is down there with my daughter while my SIL competes in a Bow Shoot. It don't look good. Last she talked to me it was 60/40 for a Cahtah fiasco!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 02:39:44 PM »
Never been to Egypt but was in Jordan, so I speak without actual experience but some. If I were in charge I would be sending lots of food and medical supplies with clear US AID and our flags on the smallest packaging unit and make sure it was distributed to the Egyptian people and not to the Army of muslim brotherhood.

Could be good to give out information on what a democracy is and what it is not (ie mullah theocracy and sharia law).

I know that Obumbler will not do this but am torn in the reason why. Is it to make sure Egypt goes as far anti-west and toward islam or he is just the least experienced man in any room. 60/40 it is the former.

You do know that any US aid will go through the corrupt officials at the UN, most likely and will have their emblems on them.

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 02:43:50 PM »
You do know that any US aid will go through the corrupt officials at the UN, most likely and will have their emblems on them.

Oh I do. It is certain.  I did not stress enough that this must be seen by the Egyptians as USA aid. If that cannot happen then we send nothing. No use paying to promote the MB or any other hate America crowd.  It's one thing to not get credit and quite another to pay and then have credit go to our enemies.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 02:47:46 PM »
What now? How do we help the NEW Egypt? How about you DUmp members go to Egypt right now and try to spread your way of livin'? See for yourself your "democracy" at work.  :fuelfire:

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 02:52:18 PM »
SoCalDem Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Fri Feb-11-11 02:10 PM
Original message

First & foremost, tourism has to be revived ASAP.
Once the muslim takeover is complete, tourism may not be much of an option. Like the Taliban, they may work on tearing down the pyramids, blow up the Sphinx, and surely they will demolish the museums full of that blasphemous pharoah crap. The only hope for tourism may be if the Israelis carpet bomb the place and then take over. Then tourists from civilized countries would again be able to visit without risk of decapitation.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 03:00:51 PM »
Oh I do. It is certain.  I did not stress enough that this must be seen by the Egyptians as USA aid. If that cannot happen then we send nothing. No use paying to promote the MB or any other hate America crowd.  It's one thing to not get credit and quite another to pay and then have credit go to our enemies.

IIRC, there were some stories of aid to Haiti being relabeled from US to UN.

Once the muslim takeover is complete, tourism may not be much of an option. Like the Taliban, they may work on tearing down the pyramids, blow up the Sphinx, and surely they will demolish the museums full of that blasphemous pharoah crap. The only hope for tourism may be if the Israelis carpet bomb the place and then take over. Then tourists from civilized countries would again be able to visit without risk of decapitation.

I remember to the giant statues of Buddha that are no longer there.  The Muslims really take the first 3 of Ten Commandments to heart.

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 03:03:58 PM »
SoCalDem, you and the rest of the posters to the DU should go to Egypt immediately. Get right in the thick of things, like. I'm sure they'll (the Egyptians) appreciate your efforts. And make sure you try as hard as you can to make immediate contact with members of the Muslim Brotherhood--they're all goodhearted gentlemen who will be truly grateful for your assistance, and will, I'm sure, show you around.

And, to show you that we have no hard feelings here at CC, we'll even take up a collection to help buy you all plane tickets--won't we, people?

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 03:35:43 PM »
SoCalDem, you and the rest of the posters to the DU should go to Egypt immediately. Get right in the thick of things, like. I'm sure they'll (the Egyptians) appreciate your efforts. And make sure you try as hard as you can to make immediate contact with members of the Muslim Brotherhood--they're all goodhearted gentlemen who will be truly grateful for your assistance, and will, I'm sure, show you around.

And, to show you that we have no hard feelings here at CC, we'll even take up a collection to help buy you all plane tickets--won't we, people?

Every single one of these asshats we can "export" is a win, win, for us and the American People!

Where do I send the money?

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 03:51:28 PM »
Every single one of these asshats we can "export" is a win, win, for us and the American People!

Where do I send the money?

Oh, to me of course Al; I'll give you the coded Vanuatu bank account number (Swtizerland is so last century).

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 11:15:35 PM »
I saw a reporter standing amid the joyful crowd today. Man next to her has his baby daughter with him, and nitwit reporter was extolling the girl's bright future now that 'the people' are in charge.   Um, like genital mutilation, forced marriage  and the ever popular honor killing?
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 01:26:15 AM »
I saw a reporter standing amid the joyful crowd today. Man next to her has his baby daughter with him, and nitwit reporter was extolling the girl's bright future now that 'the people' are in charge.   Um, like genital mutilation, forced marriage  and the ever popular honor killing?
And prohibitions against driving a car, owning property, education, freedom to travel, speaking to non-relative males, or normal clothing. Violation of any prohibition will justify honor killing. The Religion of Peace is a bloodthirsty cult, and the "joyful people of Egypt" are looking it straight in the face. And the gayboys on CNN and Fox, celebrating the rioters' success every evening this week, surely know that if they took their perversion into RoP territory, they would be stoned.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 08:26:40 AM »
Can we send the subway cat over there with a UN sticker on it's head?
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 01:14:20 PM »

How 'bout we just send the whole damn UN?  I mean how much could it cost to pack it up an ship it lock stock an barrel?  Heck I'll even pitch in a few bucks.  We could bill it as an economic aid package. :whistling:

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 02:22:33 AM »

Just paint her UN blue and stick a UN flag in her ass . She'll be happy and the riots would stop since they all would run in sheer terror.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 11:08:10 AM »
Send cans of peaches, they're halal.  Also healing white light.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 11:23:12 AM »
Send cans of peaches, they're halal.  Also healing white light.

They can all sign their names on a burqa and pretend they're there "in spirit".
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 11:38:32 AM »
They can all sign their names on a burqa and pretend they're there "in spirit".

Oh yes, and let's nto forget smudging...after all, since the Arab world uses incense instead of bathing or deodorants, so it would show a cultural affinity.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.