Author Topic: What Republican Right Wing Phrase Do You Despise The Most  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
What Republican Right Wing Phrase Do You Despise The Most
« on: March 22, 2008, 02:38:20 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3044089

Parche  (1000+ posts)      Fri Mar-21-08 07:51 PM
Original message
What Republican Right Wing Phrase Do You Despise The Most
 Like, "We are fighting them over there, so we dont have to fight them here"

Or "war on terra"

muntrv  (1000+ posts)     Fri Mar-21-08 07:52 PM
Response to Original message
1. Amurka is Gawd's country!

Breeze54  (1000+ posts)       Fri Mar-21-08 07:55 PM
8. "We Fought for Your Right to Free Speach!!" 

Canuckistanian  (1000+ posts)       Sat Mar-22-08 10:57 AM
Response to Reply #8
61. And the always-popular "If you're reading this in English, thank a soldier"
 I always laugh at that one.

Ignorance on SO many levels.

salvorhardin  (1000+ posts)       Fri Mar-21-08 08:10 PM
20. "welfare queen"
 Combining racism, sexism and classism in one foul phrase. Utterly despicable.

Two Americas  (1000+ posts)      Fri Mar-21-08 08:30 PM
25. "personal responsibility"
 That one is the worst, because it has permeated liberalism now, too, and sabotages all attempts at presenting a united front to the right wingers. It is the most destructive of all right wing "ideas," since it corrupts every aspect of our personal lives.

No effective political left can co-exist with the divisve, alienating, and libertarian "personal responsibility" poison.

cynatnite  (1000+ posts)       Fri Mar-21-08 09:54 PM
32. "Love it or leave it"
 I hate this one more than all the others combined. Pisses me off when it's spouted off by some asshole who doesn't like folks critizing our government

I can think of a few liberal phrases that piss me off.

“We Support Our Troops When They Shoot Their Officers”.

"it's for the children"

"G*d Damn America"

MIHOP

LIHOP

and a new one

MITOP

Add your own CC'ers

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: What Republican Right Wing Phrase Do You Despise The Most
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 02:47:29 PM »
61. And the always-popular "If you're reading this in English, thank a soldier"
 I always laugh at that one.

Ignorance on SO many levels.

So, WWII was an illusion?

Reality on SO many levels.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 02:56:21 PM »
 That one is the worst, because it has permeated liberalism now, too, and sabotages all attempts at presenting a united front to the right wingers. It is the most destructive of all right wing "ideas," since it corrupts every aspect of our personal lives.

No effective political left can co-exist with the divisve, alienating, and libertarian "personal responsibility" poison.

In other words you can`t be a good lib unless you can blame someone else for every wrong you feel has happened to you.

He does call it right though,personal responsibility is like a cross to a vampire to libs.
It destroys their entire recruitment strategy and tears away the underpinnings of their belief system.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 03:02:16 PM »
Fine, DUmmies. You don't want personal responsibilty, we'll just remove your adult privileges. How's that?

That's the whole point, stupid.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 03:10:06 PM by darkangel82 »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 03:07:24 PM »
Two Americas  (1000+ posts)      Fri Mar-21-08 08:30 PM

Like being personally responsible and in charge of your own life?  Does that phrase inspire fear that your free ride on the Cheeto Train may soon be over?

You know what, Two Americas?  It is personal responsibility that makes life fun and worth living.  It is personal responsibility that allows for us to grow as human beings.  Personal responsibility is the surfboard that allows us to catch the most exhilarating waves Life has to offer, dude.  Or dudess.

When you were a kid, at a certain age, what is the one thing you wanted more than anything?  Wasn't it your personal independence from your mother and father?  The ability to make your own choices in life?  To stand or fall based on your own ability?  You call that poison?  It is the rampant, unchecked school marmism of the left that is the poison to the individual who loves life and liberty.

Personal responsibility is not a burden.  It is life.  It is joy.  It is all good things.  It is realizing the  world isn't broken and doesn't need saving.  I don't have to save the world, I just have to save myself by growing to my fullest potential.  I can not help others if I have taken no personal responsibility for my life, I would be in need of help all the time and a burden on others.

I know you really believe this, Two Americas, but it is unbelievable that a full grown adult person could believe such tripe.  I would pity you if it were worth it.

When you are taking care of yourself, you are taking care of the world.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 03:10:38 PM by Duke Nukum »
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 03:21:31 PM »

Like being personally responsible and in charge of your own life?  Does that phrase inspire fear that your free ride on the Cheeto Train may soon be over?

You know what, Two Americas?  It is personal responsibility that makes life fun and worth living.  It is personal responsibility that allows for us to grow as human beings.  Personal responsibility is the surfboard that allows us to catch the most exhilarating waves Life has to offer, dude.  Or dudess.

When you were a kid, at a certain age, what is the one thing you wanted more than anything?  Wasn't it your personal independence from your mother and father?  The ability to make your own choices in life?  To stand or fall based on your own ability?  You call that poison?  It is the rampant, unchecked school marmism of the left that is the poison to the individual who loves life and liberty.

Personal responsibility is not a burden.  It is life.  It is joy.  It is all good things.  It is realizing the  world isn't broken and doesn't need saving.  I don't have to save the world, I just have to save myself by growing to my fullest potential.  I can not help others if I have taken no personal responsibility for my life, I would be in need of help all the time and a burden on others.

I know you really believe this, Two Americas, but it is unbelievable that a full grown adult person could believe such tripe.  I would pity you if it were worth it.

When you are taking care of yourself, you are taking care of the world.

Well stated, DN.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 03:29:43 PM »
Who's side is it that has promoted falsehoods and lies about the Military?

Which side has allowed liars to present themselves before Congress and let them lie about war crimes and acts of terrorisim on innocent people?

Which side has done everything they can to defund troops TWICE while they have been actively engaged in combat?

Which side has helped or supported troops that have gone AWOL or deserted their units during the time of war?

Which sides US President denied troops in the field the support they needed and allowed 18 army rangers to die for it, because it was more important to look good to the world then to actually support the troops you swore to lead?

Which sides people just bombed a recruiting center then tried to blame it on veterans stressed out from the war or on on family members with children serving their country?

Now here's a hint for you over at DU.

It sure as shit wasn't a Conservative.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 03:39:24 PM »
So basically every principle upon which this nation was founded is despised by DUmmies. No surprise there.

When the Left and their apologists say they "love this country", that may be true to a certain extent, in that they love the plot of dirt they're standing on. But as far as the American Ideal, the American Spirit, the American Experiment the founding fathers set into motion - no, not at all. It has to be torn down and remade into something totally different, and not just the breaking up of the Eeeevul Korporationsâ„¢ and purging of corrupt politicians. No, achievement must be punished, individualism stifled, personal accountability mocked, religious faith driven underground, patriotism outlawed, speech regulated, private property confiscated and the human spirit reprogrammed.

Welcome to Progressive America.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself