Author Topic: what really happened to the late red round one  (Read 15861 times)

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Re: Poll: Memories of Scamdy
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2009, 10:21:57 PM »
Bev Harris went too far toward the paranoid, and was regarded as well as the troofers - She had a spiel about getting run off the road by black SUVs that nobody, including most of the other troofers accepted. - she also had a habit of setting up beg-a-thons at every opportunity and produced virtually nothing of substance. She had been mausoleumed more than once for cutting into Skinner's cashflow. Harris may be the one principally responsible for the 'just five dollars away' line - but I'm not %100 on that.
Another thing she did is expose Democrat vote fraud in some FL county.  In fact, if I recall correctly, that was her main sin.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline terry

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2009, 11:12:54 PM »
I remember most of those events.   I have to comment on a pet peeve of mine, that comes up in this thread.

It is impossible to imagine what you would do when a loved one (no matter how old) dies suddenly, especially a child or a spouse.   I confess I watch a little too much court tv, now tru TV.   Every time they play a 911 call during a murder trial and say that person is too calm, or too unfeeling.  I think of the 911 call I made.  I was not hysterical because I just did not grasp the reality of the situation.  I always think that if my son's death was not obviously of natural causes, based on the 911 call I probably would have been a suspect.

I cringe when I hear people judged about the way they acted after the death.  I'm sure I was on the computer less than 12 hours after my son's death.   I  did not know what to do with myself.   We left the hospital around 1 am.   There was nothing to do.  I couldn't save my boy, he was gone.  I couldn't protect the other little ones from the grief.  I couldn't sleep.  The appointment with the funeral home wasn't until the afternoon of the following day.  I couldn't work.  I couldn't watch TV.  I did spend some time trying to pull some pictures together but I couldn't really do that either.  I don't even think I cried that much, I was just numb and in shock.  I know in the morning there were lots of phone calls, lots of phone calls from doctors.  I didn't make any calls though.  I couldn't.   I could type it on the computer but I couldn't say it.  My husband did all the calling and arranging, I just couldn't do it.

I don't think it is odd at all the Kephra's mother reached out to other people that she believed cared about her son.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Re: Poll: How Many Remember?
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2009, 04:37:56 AM »
Ah, madam, you would remember Barset of the DUmmie FUnnies.

Barset was great.

Barset was some overly-cerebral teenager of Jewish derivation posting as an upper-upper-middle-class mid-30s housewife with three children.  Far Rockaway, the Poconos, Grossinger's, the Hamptons, weekends in Connecticut, no posting from Friday night until Saturday night, the whole bit.

Barset was great.

Barset was used to make franksolich look stupid (on the DUmmie FUnnies), as it was to the advantage of all decent and civilized people that franksolich look stupid, in exposing this ridiculous charade.  Barset did a great job of that.

Barset was great.

You know who I miss? Anonymous Army! I used to have his email address but it got lost in the shuffle. I think he has his own restaurant now. A lefty and a Canadian but he certainly had a keen sense of justice and he took a lot of grief for standing up for what was right.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2009, 04:45:57 AM »
I may have alot of the "scam" chit on some old CDs....I'll try to find them...

Oh Gawd, remember the Seattle Weekly story? Actually, one of the best things about this whole fiasco is that we gained a whole bunch of Internet buddies! Ain't that right, Ree?

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2009, 08:43:38 AM »
I remember most of those events.   I have to comment on a pet peeve of mine, that comes up in this thread.

It is impossible to imagine what you would do when a loved one (no matter how old) dies suddenly, especially a child or a spouse.   I confess I watch a little too much court tv, now tru TV.   Every time they play a 911 call during a murder trial and say that person is too calm, or too unfeeling.  I think of the 911 call I made.  I was not hysterical because I just did not grasp the reality of the situation.  I always think that if my son's death was not obviously of natural causes, based on the 911 call I probably would have been a suspect.

I cringe when I hear people judged about the way they acted after the death.  I'm sure I was on the computer less than 12 hours after my son's death.   I  did not know what to do with myself.   We left the hospital around 1 am.   There was nothing to do.  I couldn't save my boy, he was gone.  I couldn't protect the other little ones from the grief.  I couldn't sleep.  The appointment with the funeral home wasn't until the afternoon of the following day.  I couldn't work.  I couldn't watch TV.  I did spend some time trying to pull some pictures together but I couldn't really do that either.  I don't even think I cried that much, I was just numb and in shock.  I know in the morning there were lots of phone calls, lots of phone calls from doctors.  I didn't make any calls though.  I couldn't.   I could type it on the computer but I couldn't say it.  My husband did all the calling and arranging, I just couldn't do it.

I don't think it is odd at all the Kephra's mother reached out to other people that she believed cared about her son.

I had to H5 you for your comment.  I know where you're coming from.  I had always said that I would personally kill anyone who harmed one of my children.  When my son was killed revenge was the last thing on my mind.  None of us know what our reaction will be when faced with such a tragedy until it happens.

I hope your grief has softened somewhat.   It takes such a long time for the raw, numb, unreal and surreal feelings to begin to dissipate.  It's been over a decade for me, but I still have my days.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2009, 09:05:06 AM »
Oh Gawd, remember the Seattle Weekly story? Actually, one of the best things about this whole fiasco is that we gained a whole bunch of Internet buddies! Ain't that right, Ree?

Cindie
That we did....
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2009, 09:14:21 AM »
Oh Gawd, remember the Seattle Weekly story?

Yeah, another example of Democrat, liberal, and primitive "sensitivity" for the "handicapped."

The reporter knew in advance that I am deaf, and so what could usually be cleared up in a two-minute telephone conversation would take twenty minutes, and that I wouldn't necessarily "catch" everything asked, which is why I preferred the "interview" be done via e-mail, and not vocally.

He was okay, but a couple of times he got rude about my voice.

And there was that ball thrown from left field, about the web-site Scamdy, which had gotten into trouble for using the name of the malicious cartoon character's pet dog as "domain owner."

He thought I was lying, but I had no idea, no idea, what that was all about.

I had just joined Scamdy, and agreed to take it over (but hadn't yet), but in matters internet and of web-sitery, I knew next to nothing.

And so I had no idea what that was about.

Then there came a part where I thought he was lying, but later changed my mind, when he talked about how the late red round one then looked, upon visiting him in the hospital.

For two months, Doug's ex-wife and other primitives had posted photographs of the late red round one, showing him in the pink of health, the most robust of health.  

This was why many decent and civilized people suspected the late red round one wasn't sick at all--people in the last stages of pancreatic cancer do NOT look in the pink of health.

And so if the posted photographs were to be taken at face value, there was very good grounds for skepticism.

Some time later, I asked my own physician about the phenomenon.  He's a dermatologist, and doesn't deal with pancreatic cancer, but he said he supposed it was possible, in rare cases, that someone afflicted with pancreatic cancer COULD look okay, and then suddenly without warning crash, within days.

There was a striking difference--and this took place within the matter of a few weeks--between the appearance of the late red round one at that "meet-up" in Ohio and on television.....and those photographs later posted by Fat Che showing the late red round one in the hospital.

The collapse must have been sudden, which as mentioned by the dermatologist, COULD happen.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2009, 09:26:31 AM »
I hate stirring the pot, but whatever happened to the lawsuit that ExPat's wife was going to file?...........24 business hours? :fuelfire:

You know, sir, Doug's ex-wife (then known by the really stupid screen-name "sfexpat2000") was, and remains, of a particularly violent hysterical nature.

How well I remember her allegations that Scamdy was pursuing her in real life, this preposterous notion that we had hooligans and bullies and thugs following her on the sidewalks of San Francisco.

The fact of the matter is, Scamdy looked into things wholly on the internet, no real-life intrusions at all.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2009, 09:51:20 AM »
I didn't realize the anniversary was coming up. I was just thinking about this a few days ago. I was cleaning some old files off my hard drive and came across pics of the rotund one at the hospital just after his day surgery.

That one, I don't recall; all I recall are the photographs of the late red round one on television, and the late red round one at that "meet-up" in Ohio, along with the sensitive lad, the piano-playing primitive, the "goodboy" primitive; and the "liberalnurse" primitive and the "MeganMonkey" primitive.

Also one of Beth during happier times when she was thin and married, before her brain got fuzzy.

Oh yes, and as I've said before, with her northern Mediterraneac features and especially her long exquisite aquline honker, ten years ago Doug's ex-wife could've been cast in a movie as an ancient Roman beauty.

And then she went to pot.

Now one would be hesitant to cast her in a role playing Rosie Barr or Roseanne O'Donnell, or whatever that television celebrity's name is.

The one I'd completely forgotten about...goodboy playing the piano. Wonder whatever happened to him? I remember after he was such a strong supporter of the red-headed scam artist he fell on hard times himself and could hardly get any of the DUmmies to pony up.

The sensitive lad, the piano-playing primitive, gifted with such talents in colorful vocabulary, later went to one of the Baltic states of the former Soviet Union, where he played the piano and lost his U.S. Passport, and had trouble getting it replaced.

The sensitive lad is another tragedy of this whole episode, but it's his own fault.  People who know, have told me the sensitive lad is (was) a particularly "gifted" piano player, a delight to hear.

The sensitive lad apparently probably could've played Carnegie Hall, if he had concentrated on that, rather than getting involved in things about which he knows not, including politics and this whole Scamdal.

Why people ignore talents they have, and concentrate upon things in which they have no talents, is an interesting topic in psychology.

Yes, the rotund one was definitely the Pied Piper of DU.

Of course, but the late red round one wasn't the one calling the tunes.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2009, 10:00:11 AM »
By the way, a tip for those trying to understand the primitives.

Primitives tend to think something that happened in, say, February 2005, was affected by something else that happened in, say, June 2005; that a later event had influenced an earlier event.

It takes some really arduous mental gymnastics, and a great deal of imagination, to do that, but the primitives do it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2009, 12:19:20 PM »
Frank...remember this:
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2009, 12:25:50 PM »
Uh-huh.

I remember those.

Some months after the Scamdal had died--about autumn 2005, I believe--a member of Scamdy had business in Baltimore, and as he had some free time on his hands, he went to visit the forms & publications department of Johns Hopkins, to inquire if any of these were forms used by the hospital.

(This pertains to receipts and such as posted in our old home, not to the "money orders" shown by Ree, above.)

They thought one generic receipt "might" be of a form occasionally used, if a department ran out of the official forms, but weren't sure, but said the others matched no forms in use.

If one's going to photoshop, one should always use the right form.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2009, 12:28:29 PM »
I may have that pic.....let me check
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2009, 12:30:34 PM »
I may have that pic.....let me check.

It was such an amateurish, half-baked deal.

Doug's ex-wife actually graduated from high school 35+ years ago, but she never really left high school, all these stupid stunts.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2009, 03:27:46 PM »
Frank,
what is the significance of your avatar?

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2009, 06:14:27 PM »
Frank,
what is the significance of your avatar?

It's a photograph of the greatest writer ever to come out of the Great Plains.

The one for whom the snobbish eastern elites couldn't understand her "Nebraska Sandhills English."

Fortunately, while the snobbish eastern elites couldn't, tens of millions of others could, and she was also a best seller in that place where the English language was invented......England.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2009, 02:55:23 AM »
It's a photograph of the greatest writer ever to come out of the Great Plains.

The one for whom the snobbish eastern elites couldn't understand her "Nebraska Sandhills English."

Fortunately, while the snobbish eastern elites couldn't, tens of millions of others could, and she was also a best seller in that place where the English language was invented......England.

I always thought the greatest was Willa Cather. She was truly a daughter of the open prairie: "When I strike the open plains, something happens. I'm home. I breathe differently. That love of great spaces, of rolling open country like the sea--it's the great passion of my life." I read My Antonia in high school. Carter was president. Feminism was trendy. Antonia showed me that literature could be nostalgic and profound and that women's voices were important. And of course how connected we are to our past. This is a concept I don't think the DUmmies understand.

Long before Andy got "sick" (I'm one of those who don't believe he had pancreatic cancer) he worked hand in hand with Bev Harris to separate the DUmmies from their money by getting them all worked up about vote fraud: Political Machinations.

Always the opportunist, when Bev Harris became persona non grata at the DUmp, Andy became her victim and whistle blower! Of course, shortly thereafter he became ill and was then able to experience a DU wetdream...screwed by one's "employer", a deadly disease, and no health insurance. Not even Termite could give him that heady of a thrill! Lost in the shuffle is the fact that Andy gave up an excellent job with excellent benefits with the power company AND ownership of a Subway sandwich shop (which also had benefits sponsored by the corporation) so he could pursue his dream of being the Vote Fraud Queen. Well, he DID make it on to MSNBC!

Still, the saddest part of this whole sordid affair was that Termite took out a home equity loan to remodel the bathroom at the same time his "life partner" needed lifesaving surgery that cost ABOUT THE SAME AMOUNT AS THE BATHROOM REMODEL. Who does that? Who is so cruel and twisted that they make the love of their life beg for funds on the Internets to have LIFESAVING surgery so that one can selfishly buy a new (and evidently expensive) toilet?

Granted, while I've come to believe Andy died of a post-op infection (I was actually on the phone with the nurses' station at the time of his death...it was waaaay creepy...I drew the short straw, three of us were in a chat room at the time...you were probably in bed, frank, us girls tended to stay up late and gossip. I truly believe his operation was vanity surgery...a tummy tuck or something similar which he didn't take care of properly. He and Termite had a little dog, if I recall and he let the little thing crawl all over his stomach.

Anyway, I read both his medical report from the specialist in Seattle (the one who put the shunt in) and the "tests" done at Johns Hopkins (their big concern was enlarged lymph nodes in his chest, the kind anyone would have after an upper respiratory infection) but NOTHING about his pancreas. Besides, he wasn't in the hospital long enough to have had major surgery. Karma's a bitch.

Cindie
Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2009, 06:46:09 AM »
I wonder how Andy's "friend" the wood infesting Primitive is getting along out in Seattle with all of that ill-gotten money?

I wonder if he kept the puppy that he bought right in the middle of this whole fiasco when they supposedly had no money?
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2009, 10:11:10 AM »
Yeah, I'd love to see a "where are they now?" story :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2009, 03:33:58 PM »
I am temporarily derailed this weekend, but anyway, for those not up to date, this is what actually happened, in real life--please notice it has no connection with what happened during the Scamdal:

(a) In October 2004, the late red round one began getting ill.

(b) In January 2005, a preliminary diagnosis of the problem was made.

(c) In late February, early March 2005, the late red round one was in a hospital in Seattle, in an attempt to see if anything, anything at all could be done.  Alas, nothing could be done.

(d) Doug's ex-wife started the "fund-raiser," for motives known only to her, in late April 2005.

(e) In mid-May 2005, to suppress criticism of the "fund-raiser," Doug's ex-wife contacted the owner of a conservative web-site and a private individual peripherally involved, frankly admitting that there was no hope for the late red round one; that he was dying.

(f) The "fund-raiser" continued.

(g) The late red round one spent most of May and part of June 2005 visiting friends in New Jersey and New York (having earlier done a stint in Ohio and Tennessee).

(h) The late red round one returned to Seattle in late June 2005, and was immediately hospitalized, dying in early July 2005.

Those are the real life facts which, as already mentioned, have no relation to the Scamdal.

Only one person knows why the Scamdal occurred, but with her cerebral faculties petrified, fossilized, clogged up, by the overuse of mind-altering pharmaceuticals, probably she no longer remembers.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2009, 07:52:30 PM »
Frank...ya forgot by mid July 05..."Freepers killed Andy"
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2009, 07:59:21 PM »
I am temporarily derailed this weekend, but anyway, for those not up to date, this is what actually happened, in real life--please notice it has no connection with what happened during the Scamdal:

(a) In October 2004, the late red round one began getting ill.

(b) In January 2005, a preliminary diagnosis of the problem was made.

The problem is...no one (including Beth) knew exactly what that diagnosis was. No evidence was provided...those that were submitted as "proof" were rather dubious. Still, it was like no other fund raiser I'd ever seen. Even when one finds a donation jar at a 7-11 or one's local grocery store asking for donations to help a child, or a mother, or father, or grandmother...there is more information provided on the side of the jar than those raising funds for Andy did. There's always an explanation of what the problem is, what specifically needs to be done (i.e. what the funds are being raised for), and a contact number if anyone has any questions. Most people are more than willing to answer questions, especially if doing so means their loved one/friend/neighbor gets even one step closer to needed medical treatment.

Not so with this fiasco. People that asked questions were called every name in the book. Most questions were genuine attempts to understand what was going on and what was needed. At one point Johns Hopkins was THE place to be because the one who used to "serenade" the fund raising threads by copying and pasting song lyrics had some baseball player or manager or something, pulled strings to get the healthiest pancreatic cancer patient in history into some study or other. Eventually that was proved incorrect. Then it was that JH had the best survival rate. Except then it was revealed that Virginia Mason, a hospital right in Andy's own back yard (and they accepted Medicaid) protocols were SO successful even the esteemed Johns Hopkins and Mayo Clinic used them.

There was one excuse after another for why lifesaving surgery was postponed. Freepers, Johns Hopkins insisting the entire amount be paid BEFORE they would save a dying cancer patient's life, the check was lost in the mail, the check was on some mail clerks desk (as I recall some dust bunny person who worked at JH seemed to know EXACTLY where to go to straighten that out), etc. Perhaps if they'd done what most other people do when raising funds and opened a bank account so people could just directly deposit their gifts. But there was paypal, Amazon, and Andy's home address. Poor Beth had to count on people remembering to email her when they sent a donation because none of the money went through her...it all went straight to Andy. One can't even say for sure how much was raised.

Poor Bethie...I think that whole thing is what finally took her completely over the edge. It was definitely the last straw for Doug. Who can blame him? When one's wife devotes every waking hour to some gay guy she's never even met, what does one expect? Poor guy, she even auctioned him off. He had to perform at some moonbat's birthday party or something.

Cindie
Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline lars1701c

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2009, 08:59:48 PM »
I love ya frank :)

You can always tell a story very well.

I love the one about Dougs ex wife the best :)
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2009, 09:52:06 PM »

There was one excuse after another for why lifesaving surgery was postponed. Freepers, Johns Hopkins insisting the entire amount be paid BEFORE they would save a dying cancer patient's life, the check was lost in the mail, the check was on some mail clerks desk (as I recall some dust bunny person who worked at JH seemed to know EXACTLY where to go to straighten that out), etc. Perhaps if they'd done what most other people do when raising funds and opened a bank account so people could just directly deposit their gifts. But there was paypal, Amazon, and Andy's home address. Poor Beth had to count on people remembering to email her when they sent a donation because none of the money went through her...it all went straight to Andy. One can't even say for sure how much was raised.

Cindie

I don't remember much about it anymore, but I do remember the illogical tragedy of errors which always had an implausably logical explaination.  It got to be more than my mental laughtrack could handle.

"The Johns Hopkins mailroom delivered the check to the wrong desk where it sat until a nun opened it thinking there was a tissue inside so she could blow her nose.  Her snot ruined the printing on the check, so it had to be returned and a new check issued, which was accidentally sent to a Mr. John A. Hopkiss in Rollo, MO."

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2009, 02:20:36 PM »
I don't remember much about it anymore, but I do remember the illogical tragedy of errors which always had an implausably logical explaination.  It got to be more than my mental laughtrack could handle.

"The Johns Hopkins mailroom delivered the check to the wrong desk where it sat until a nun opened it thinking there was a tissue inside so she could blow her nose.  Her snot ruined the printing on the check, so it had to be returned and a new check issued, which was accidentally sent to a Mr. John A. Hopkiss in Rollo, MO."

Actually, what was alleged was that the money order got lost in the mail-room at Johns Hopkins, and some primitives broke into there in the middle of the night to search for it, and found it.

Kerchiefs covering their faces, soft shoes, flashlights, the whole bit.
apres moi, le deluge