Author Topic: what Obama sed then, what he sez now  (Read 607 times)

Offline happy1ga

what Obama sed then, what he sez now
« on: April 12, 2009, 03:21:22 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=102&topic_id=3826751&mesg_id=3827393

snappyturtle  (1000+ posts)      Sat Apr-11-09 08:46 PM
Response to Original message
34. Well, all I can say is that my republican family members ought to
 find President Obama more acceptable every day. Right now I feel cheated and embarrassed that I pushed him as a candidate to everyone I know.

Oh well, sucks to be you.

Tierra_y_Libertad  (1000+ posts)        Sat Apr-11-09 09:05 PM
35. Habeas Corpus is a mere bagatelle. He's "keeping his powder dry" for something important.
 Like withdrawing the troops from Iraq
and ending the war in Afghanistan
and restoring transparency in government
and getting rid of the lobbyists
and cutting the "defense" budget

and...Oh, wait

Well, he has a lot of things to do...give him a chance...trust him...he's got a plan... 

Um, shewuur.

cbc5g  (1000+ posts)        Sat Apr-11-09 09:45 PM
40. It's absolutely hypocritical but we cannot know what information he received
 that led him to this.

What? You didn't get your text message from the Obama campaign people? That's odd, I got mine days ago. I totally agree, though, all American people have a RIGHT to see EVERYTHING that the President sees. Otherwise, we might as well just have BushCo back. I think we should write them right now, and DEMAND they make us hard copies of every document that passes thru the WH, and mail them by snail mail to us. Anything else, just wouldn't be FAIR. :-)

Really long thread, started by Kpete. Lots of outrage. No ponies shipped on Easter weekend, I guess. 

There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: what Obama sed then, what he sez now
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 03:23:03 AM »
I'm loving the "buyer's remorse" at DUmmyland.  :lmao:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.