Author Topic: Today I saw a MAGA hat and...  (Read 478 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Today I saw a MAGA hat and...
« on: August 22, 2022, 04:44:24 PM »
...  I was so triggered, I imagined a bunch of stuff that could have happened and then fantasized about what I would have said, and now I'm telling YOU about my make-believe confrontation for DU cred.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217071322

Mon Aug 22, 2022, 05:19 PM
Thtwudbeme (7,666 posts)

Had a run in with a MAGA hatted Trumper at the Dollar Tree (it turned out well)
I got to the Dollar Tree constantly at the beginning of the school year. I am a middle school librarian and nothing- I mean nothing- gets the kids reading like sparkle gel pens and graphic novels. I also get a ton of cheap plastic-y type of modeling clay because I teach the kiddos stop motion animation. (My media center is super cool- none of that "shhhhh" crap for me).

As I was checking out, I told the cashier to "have a super rest of the day." My exact words.

Old guy in a MAGA hat and an O2 cannula said loudly, "No, it's have a BLESSED day." Total snark.

I can't say a damned thing in that neighborhood because a parent may recognize me and call the principal.

I SO wanted to say something- such as "life is not about FB memes," "turn off Fox news you jerk and learn some manners," "My day is none of your business," "I will burn some sage and dance around the oak tree at midnight while I am thinking of you...."

However, I turned around and smiled and said, "Oh you also!" And left.

But seriously. WTF? What is wrong with these people? Why do they feel obligated to impose themselves on other's conversations?

Don't tell me kids have horrid manners these days- the children at my school have beautiful manners. I work in a large diverse school. However, the adults these days are awful.

Response to Thtwudbeme (Original post)Mon Aug 22, 2022, 05:26 PM
Star Member Karadeniz (16,834 posts)

2. You hurt his fragile ego by not expressing yourself his way. Ego is a brain byproduct, brain's
primary purpose being physical survival, eliminating every physical threat. Unfortunately, ego can... as we are seeing... perceive anything different from its own viewpoint as a threat, sometimes a lethal threat.

Tell us more about these fragile ego things...

Response to Thtwudbeme (Original post)Mon Aug 22, 2022, 05:28 PM
Star Member Aristus (59,320 posts)

3. He's using cannulated oxygen?
You'd think he would just pray to God for restored lung function after all those years of smoking, but I guess not...

Oxygen-breathing Christofascist SOB's!

Response to Thtwudbeme (Original post)Mon Aug 22, 2022, 05:34 PM
Star Member Siwsan (22,815 posts)

4. A couple of years ago I encountered a real 'peach'.
It was just before the holidays and the store was crowded. At Aldi you bag your own groceries so there was a line of people at that bagging counter.
This elderly man, a textbook curmudgeon, walked up to each and every person, looked them straight in the eye and released a stern 'MERRY CHRISTMAS', pretty much daring anyone to say anything but that in return. Just before he got to me, the person he came with finished bagging their groceries and they left, so I was robbed of the opportunity to respond with 'Happy Holidays' in Spanish. Or French. Or Welsh. Just to throw him off.

uh huh...  boy was he lucky he didn't have to deal with you and your charming wit

freekin losers. the lot of them
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 05:19:12 PM by FunkyZero »

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: Today I saw a MAGA hat and...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 05:22:21 PM »
Oh look, the Marge Simpsons of DU are at it again with their "Damn, I wish I'd said XYZ. It would have been the perfect comeback."

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 05:37:53 PM »
Don't tell me kids have horrid manners these days- the children at my school have beautiful manners. I work in a large diverse school. However, the adults these days are awful.

Unlike adults who apparently have no compunction in treating it accordingly,  kids just don't know enough to recognize this 'person' for what it is.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 05:57:46 PM by CollectivismMustDie »
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 06:01:19 PM »
Thtwudbeme (7,671 posts)

30. That "blessed day" mess doesn't bother me- we ARE in the South

but, this was a challenge. He was just a mean old nasty person. He was OLD- I mean I guessed around 80 or older- so I know the guy remembers Vietnam, and maybe Korea. I don't understand why those asshats like Trump?

Just a guess.. and im going way out on a limb, lurking Muppets.

But probably because Trump recognized their service, and respects that, unlike you ungrateful assholes?

I know it sounds crazy.  :whatever:

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 08:44:42 PM »
lol, Stephanie is trying to come off as living in Mississippi, but she works here:

http://wsfcschools.blogspot.com/2017/11/members-of-builders-club-at-mineral.html

htwudbeme (7,674 posts)

25. I am 4 years from retirement

I can't afford to lose my job at this point- and if I get fired, I could lose my state benefits.

39 months.

guess it's a good thing they don't know you're a dummy, as is your husband "JanMiichael".

https://voterrecords.com/address/519-irving_st-winston_salem-nc-27103

:whistling:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2022, 10:27:20 PM »
Given her across the street neighbor, I have to ask. Is she a DU-member notable for anti-Christian rantings?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 08:28:58 AM »
Wow, this thread went everywhere.  Pulling up an old bouncy about someone shouting "Merry Christmas" in the Aldi's bagging line, griping about Christians appropriating the wiccan phrase "blessed be" (pretty sure that goes the other way around, but I don't feel like digging right now)

Because using a small group to base your opinion of all who are in that group is what moonbats do.   ::)
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2022, 11:59:02 AM »
I originally thought the thread was basically going to be "Today I saw a MAGA hat and it made me BIG MAD".

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2022, 12:20:22 PM »
I originally thought the thread was basically going to be "Today I saw a MAGA hat and it made me BIG MAD".

well, of you condense it down and discard all the BS and stuff that didn't happen, that pretty much sums it up.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2022, 02:00:03 PM »
Well what he meant to say was " Bless your heart!"  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2022, 08:29:46 PM »
Mon Aug 22, 2022, 05:19 PM
Thtwudbeme (7,666 posts)

As I was checking out, I told the cashier to "have a super rest of the day." My exact words.

Old guy in a MAGA hat and an O2 cannula said loudly, "No, it's have a BLESSED day." Total snark.

Oh bullshit!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site