Author Topic: Antifa, DU, and Chinese proverbs  (Read 2789 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Antifa, DU, and Chinese proverbs
« on: August 31, 2017, 07:41:35 AM »
When you ride a tiger

it is difficult to get off

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/378493-chinese-idioms-riding-a-tiger-and-not-being-able-to-get-off-%E9%A8%8E%E8%99%8E%E9%9B%A3%E4%B8%8B/

I will leave the detailed analysis to others.  Several POP make guest appearances in this screed.  We start with Tommy (doesn't even know what day it was) 'innocent question."

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029534458

g 30, 2017, 03:05 PM
Tommy_Carcetti (30,919 posts)

Okay, I'm going to admit that I really can't make heads or tails about this "Antifa" thing.

Last edited Wed Aug 30, 2017, 04:35 PM - Edit history (1)

I had never even heard the term "Antifa" until after Trump was elected.

I know it stands for "Anti-fascist" which is a pretty self-serving and obvious statement for what I hope would be the vast majority of the population.

I've been told that Antifa is either a) the front and center organization for leading and mobilizing the anti-Trump resistance and we should forever be in their debts or b) morally equivalent to neo-Nazis and worthy of condemnation.

Frankly, I don't know if I really believe either account. To be honest, I don't know the extent to which Antifa actually exists.

Is it an actual organization? Are there local chapters? Do they have weekly/bi-weekly meetings? Are there donuts and coffee available at said weekly/bi-weekly meetings?

I find the whole thing weird, almost as if Antifa exists mostly as a strawman for angry conservatives on social media who are desperate to find some sort of hedge point against right-wing white nationalism.

Is anyone who takes the time and effort to go out and protest Donald Trump now "Antifa"? I know they're anti-fascist, so by that virtue, now they're Antifa? And because there have been incidents with self-proclaimed "anarchists" and/or Titushky at Trump protests, they get attributed to "Antifa" which then in part gets attributed to any one who could possibly oppose Donald Trump?

But what do I know? I'm still told by all the conservatives on social media that anyone left of John McCain is a devoted disciple of Saul Alinsky who pledges fealty and loyalty to all of Alinsky's words and thoughts and teaching, all of which we've memorized by heart, that is if I could actually find anyone on the left who actually has even read Alinsky (as I myself have yet to do).

The only thing I definitively know about Antifa is that lots of people like to talk about it, but no one seems exactly sure as to what exactly it is.

Not Ruth (1,448 posts)
24. Do you watch Timeless? Have you seen Terminator 2?

The people in Timeless have time machines, so one "villain" goes back in time to save his family by killing just about anyone that might have lead to his family being killed. The greater good, end justifies the means, etc. If you knew that a kid would grow up to be Hitler, would you kill the kid? A theme also explored in Terminator 2. course the challenge is the domino effect, whereby killing the bad guy does not always lead to the desired outcome. An issue which Terminator 2 failed to successfully address.

Antifa is trying to stop something like the Holocaust part 2, by any means necessary. They have been fighting the Nazis for close to a hundred years. It is a never ending battle between good and evil.

Of course they are misunderstood. So was Sarah Conner.

https://www.facebook.com/SoMEAntiFa/posts/1821543191447445

Sorry I just couldn't resist: Just like on TV  This is why we call you DUmmies.   :whistling:

Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink
Response to Tommy_Carcetti (Original post)Thu Aug 31, 2017, 07:21 AM
Trust Buster (5,667 posts)
26. The antifa meme is bullshit. They are a loosely unorganized band at best.

In the wake of Charlottesville, right wing media was desperate to create a false equivalence so the FOX's and Breitbart's went "antifa" 24/7. Now that is all their puppet bots can seem to talk about. Bannon and Hannity know their bots will buy any crap they sell. The End

The bottom line?  Antifa is tied as tightly to the left as the bell to the cat.   :popcorn:  You assholes own 'em.
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Antifa, DU, and Chinese proverbs
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 08:03:17 AM »
They don't really exist, all those black clad people with face masks and clubs beating up people and destroying property are just a figment of the right's imagination.
 :stoner: :stoner: :stoner: :stoner: :stoner:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 08:06:09 AM »
Here "Tommy"...

This is by Antifa in Seattle.  Any questions?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 08:20:42 AM »
It's almost humorous to see Libs & Progs wakening to the facts Trump was talking about back in mid-July ... for which Libs & Progs condemned Trump as racist, white supremacist, and every other bogeymanist in the Lib/Prog vocabulary.

I guess the Antifoids, BAMNs, and BLMers finally bashed enough Lib/Prog heads or have become notorious enough to force their Lib/Prog fellow-traveler-apologists to start admitting the truth.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 09:06:38 AM »
lesson for the primitives: the only discerning characteristic that separates BLM, KKK, Antifa, and neo-nazis is the color of the pets they choose to align with.
Well, and some used to be dangerous and violent, the others are ACTIVELY dangerous and violent

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 09:15:30 AM »
Leftys are cowardly and lazy so they have to find morons to do their fighting for them.  But, as we see in all cultural revolutions, they end up turning on their creators.  Current campus lunacy shows where they are heading with BLM, ANTIFAG and the like.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 09:18:33 AM »
Here "Tommy"...

This is by Antifa in Seattle. Any questions?

most, if not all antifa members are white, btw...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 09:28:27 AM »
Antifa is well organized and paid for.  Still don't know what the "Alt-Right" is, had never heard that term until President Trump's election.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 09:31:38 AM »
most, if not all antifa members are white, btw...

Of all the mugshots I've seen of them, I think there was one who might have been a light-skinned Black person.  A tiny handful may or may not have had some Hispanic or East Indian background.  The rest looked like the staff of a Kentucky meth factory, raggedy-ass whitebread with grooming and hygiene issues.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 10:01:03 AM »

Antifa is well organized and paid for.  Still don't know what the "Alt-Right" is, had never heard that term until President Trump's election.

They are definitely organized and well-funded. That is evidenced by the identically designed and printed  signs and banners that appear at their protests all across the country.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2017, 10:08:26 AM »

Keep believing that, it will get you lots of votes in 2018 and 2020. :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :mental: :mental: :thatsright: :thatsright:

They will help put queen hitlery in the white house for sure. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2017, 11:33:14 AM »
Here "Tommy"...

This is by Antifa in Seattle.  Any questions?

We are going to nail that and the rest of the ironically named antifa to the democrat's forehead in 2018 and 2020 and everything in between.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2017, 12:15:05 PM »
We are going to nail that and the rest of the ironically named antifa to the democrat's forehead in 2018 and 2020 and everything in between.

It is probably why skeleton Pelosi denounced them in preparation for next year.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender