Author Topic: Is anyone else getting depressed about this?  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
Is anyone else getting depressed about this?
« on: July 26, 2008, 12:57:03 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6543364

Jakes Progress (646 posts)      Sat Jul-26-08 12:01 PM
Original message
Is anyone else getting depressed about this?
How in the hell can mccain be anywhere near in contention?

I know, I know. The polls don't really mean anything. The media is playing games. Political strategies are at work.

But honestly. Down inside, doesn't it make you sick to your stomach that there is even any question? How can even 20% be so stupid, so ignorant, or so greedy that they would actually prefer a mccain presidency.

In Bush/Gore and in Bush/Kerry, we know the republicans controlled voter rolls, rigged machines, and hauled in an unconstitutional vote from the SC to win. But they could only get away with it because the vote was close enough to make it work.

After 8 years of war, torture, economic disaster, venal greed, and just plain stupid, how can we have citizens that would vote republican? Who are these people? Is Obama the second coming? No. Is mccain hell come to earth? Yes.

Do you know any smart republican voters? If you do, are they decent people? I don't think you can be decent and smart and vote republican. If half of us are this stupid or mean, maybe we get what we deserve.

Kristi1696  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-26-08 12:06 PM
Response to Original message
4. Why would I let fabricated polls depress me?

Jakes Progress (646 posts)      Sat Jul-26-08 12:17 PM
Response to Reply #4
13. As I said
 I know the polls are crap. My irritation with my fellow citizens is that it is even a question. What possible argument could a decent, thinking person give for voting republican? How and even 10% be that stupid and venal? 

ClassWarrior  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-26-08 12:21 PM
Response to Reply #13
18. If you really want answers, please read these three books.
 "Conservatives Without Conscience" by John Dean

"Don't Think of an Elephant" by George Lakoff

"The Emerging Democratic Majority" by Ruy Teixeira

Lots of insight on mindsets, worldviews, and political manipulation.

NGU.

Jakes Progress (646 posts)      Sat Jul-26-08 01:02 PM
Response to Reply #6
34. Fear and Hatred 
 are the drawing cards for republicans. They will always bring their rabbits back to the den by scaring them with the "terrists" and giving them cover for their hatred of gays. They win by appealing to the lowest part of man's nature. 

Jakes Progress sounds like a real winner  :whatever:

« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 01:00:52 PM by Servonaut »

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Is anyone else getting depressed about this?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 01:03:09 PM »
But honestly. Down inside, doesn't it make you sick to your stomach that there is even any question? How can even 20% be so stupid, so ignorant, or so greedy that they would actually prefer a mccain presidency.

I'm not the one asking the rest of the country to pay for MY medical insurance.  I'm not the one who wants the rest of the country to pay for MY retirement.  I'm not asking the rest of the country to pay for anything for just ME.

Who is the greedy one mi amigo?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 01:12:57 PM »
ClassWarrior  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-26-08 12:21 PM
Response to Reply #13
18. If you really want answers, please read these three books.
 "Conservatives Without Conscience" by John Dean

"Don't Think of an Elephant" by George Lakoff

"The Emerging Democratic Majority" by Ruy Teixeira

Lots of insight on mindsets, worldviews, and political manipulation.

NGU.

Instead of bothering to formulate an argument, I always see this.  "Go read this book!"  "Check out this YouTube link!"

And they call us mind-numbed robots.  :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 01:48:32 PM »

I'm not the one asking the rest of the country to pay for MY medical insurance.  I'm not the one who wants the rest of the country to pay for MY retirement.  I'm not asking the rest of the country to pay for anything for just ME.

Who is the greedy one mi amigo?

KC

Exactly,the entire essence of their being is to be jealous of what someone else has and to want it for themselves without effort.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 03:06:12 PM »
Quote from:
Jakes Progress

Fear and Hatred are the drawing cards for republicans. They will always bring their rabbits back to the den by scaring them with the "terrists" and giving them cover for their hatred of gays. They win by appealing to the lowest part of man's nature.

This idiot is describing himself and his liberal agenda and is too stupid to realize it.  If the ocean was made of ink, writing out the examples of Democrats/liberals using fear and hatred in order to motivate their followers would drain them dry.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 03:16:08 PM »
Funny, I was tryin to figure out how so many people could be so stupid as to want to vote for someone whose entire qualification list is the color of his skin and his ability to read speeches.

The messi-uh hussein is one of the stupidest men to ever draw breath.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 03:17:06 PM »
Quote from:
Jakes Progress

Fear and Hatred are the drawing cards for republicans. They will always bring their rabbits back to the den by scaring them with the "terrists" and giving them cover for their hatred of gays. They win by appealing to the lowest part of man's nature.

This idiot is describing himself and his liberal agenda and is too stupid to realize it.  If the ocean was made of ink, writing out the examples of Democrats/liberals using fear and hatred in order to motivate their followers would drain them dry.

That's the deal.

If I were a union president, I'd be pissed off at the primitives.

The primitives project so much, but one suspects not a single one of them has a union card with the AFL-CIO local of cinema projectionists.  Think of all those union dues being lost.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 06:06:19 PM »
Quote from:
Jakes Progress

That's the deal.

If I were a union president, I'd be pissed off at the primitives.

The primitives project so much, but one suspects not a single one of them has a union card with the AFL-CIO local of cinema projectionists.  Think of all those union dues being lost.

:rofl: