Author Topic: Crockspot, God Speed my friend.  (Read 57770 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Crockspot, God Speed my friend.
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2011, 09:52:39 AM »
Servonaut also died.

http://obits.victoriaadvocate.com/obituaries/victoriaadvocate/obituary-preview.aspx?n=joseph-rene-sanchez&pid=143893922&referrer=1871

:bawl:

Joseph was cool as hell and had the dream job. Load master of airlines. Some of you probably had him on FB as I did. Sadly, I only have a few of my friends on my wall so I didn't know.

Damn :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2011, 10:00:48 AM »
Servonaut also died.

http://obits.victoriaadvocate.com/obituaries/victoriaadvocate/obituary-preview.aspx?n=joseph-rene-sanchez&pid=143893922&referrer=1871

:bawl:

Joseph was cool as hell and had the dream job. Load master of airlines. Some of you probably had him on FB as I did. Sadly, I only have a few of my friends on my wall so I didn't know.

Dadgummit!!  I was wondering the other day why I hadn't seen any of his posts on my FB page.  Shoot.

He always had some cool status updates from around the world.

God Bless Joe.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2011, 10:10:49 AM »
Here's Joe. Don't know if Crock ever posted a pic on any photo threads:

NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2011, 10:51:54 AM »
Here's Joe. Don't know if Crock ever posted a pic on any photo threads:

Reb, do you know what happened to servonaut?  This just makes me so sad.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2011, 11:17:01 AM »
Reb, do you know what happened to servonaut?  This just makes me so sad.

Someone on FB said,

"Word is a heart attack on a golf course. I can't believe we're all old enough for such things. I take for granted that we're all as young as when we graduated. RIP Joseph."

Don't know if it's true or not.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2011, 11:18:23 AM »
This just sucks.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2011, 01:48:48 PM »
I just opened my emails from yesterday afternoon, to learn from Thundley...about Crockspot, now reading this thread, Servonaut too.

Such sad news... :(

I can't say anymore than what has already been said.

Here's to two very nice men....

Hope they hook up with Slam, all are now pain-free and I hope they having a couple of beers, telling jokes and stories.

God Bless them and their families....

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2011, 04:02:07 PM »
I remember him from CU. He had a great sense of humor.

RIP. :(
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2011, 04:21:57 PM »
Looked up Servonaut profile and dang if he wasn't around 50/51 years old/young. Read OBIT... it says 46

RIP Servonaut.....

ETA: I guess Conservative Cave is starting a branch in the great beyond.

Sorry to hear that. Having one death is bad enough, but two is too many. Condolences to Servonaut's family.  :( :bawl:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2011, 04:48:28 PM »
God bless Servonaut. 

I have only been here a little over a year, so I don't have the history that many of you had with both of these gentlemen.  Anytime I saw Crockspot in a thread, I knew I was in for a laugh. 

Both of them will be missed.  Prayers for both of their families.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2011, 05:08:16 PM »
Wow.  Servonaut, too.

I wonder who the third will be? :???: :o
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2011, 05:19:10 PM »
Wow.  Servonaut, too.

Bite your tongue.  Well, if there has to be a third, can it be one of the many libs that have trolled here?

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2011, 06:43:52 PM »
Wow.  Servonaut, too.

Maybe me. I had an abnormal EKG Friday when I went in to get my Lisinopril prescription filled, after doing without since September. 

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2011, 07:40:02 PM »
Maybe me. I had an abnormal EKG Friday when I went in to get my Lisinopril prescription filled, after doing without since September. 

Prayers up, Rebel... you take care of yourself

To Rebel and everyone, know that you are all special to us even if only acquainted via the web. 
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline ConservativeMobster

« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2011, 07:43:57 PM »
RIP crockspot and Servonaut, prayers to the friends and families.
Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?***Ronald Reagan

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2011, 08:01:39 PM »
Oh dear, Servo too?  How sad.   Shine on you Crazy Diamonds.  Know that you are missed, and never far from our hearts. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2011, 08:11:39 PM »
Prayers up, Rebel... you take care of yourself

To Rebel and everyone, know that you are all special to us even if only acquainted via the web. 

Only acquainted on the web? You, Beg, and Dixie need to know that if you're ever left alone, me now being single, all three of you have dibs on me.  :-)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2011, 08:16:29 PM »
Only acquainted on the web? You, Beg, and Dixie need to know that if you're ever left alone, me now being single, all three of you have dibs on me.  :-)

Ahem....  :therock:

Bite your tongue and don't even think thoughts like that!!  :hammer:

Sending you prayers and will you please take the medicine!!
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2011, 08:23:25 PM »

I take lisonopril.  My EKG is fine.  Take your lisonopril, mmmkay?
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2011, 07:48:42 AM »
RIP Crockspot and Servonaut . . . may God bless you and keep you.
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2011, 01:20:55 PM »
I was PMd by someone who let me know that the crockspot's user on YT favorited a video of mine that I posted to YT November 2009. Admittedly, it's a cheesy video... this individual let me know that it was the only video that crockspot had favorited.

I went to the YT link and it sends chills through me seeing that both crock and servo had posted comments. All the other people who posted were family members. 

[youtube=425,350]vvnVpj7rrZY[/youtube]

God love them both, I am surely going to miss them.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2011, 05:39:31 PM »

We were thinking along the same lines.  I went to the doc for the first time in 5 years a couple of weeks ago.  I ain't going back.  I was fine until they did all those tests.  Now I ain't so fine.  Should never have gone.

I'll either get it all worked out or I won't.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2011, 08:03:18 PM »
I went to the YT link and it sends chills through me seeing that both crock and servo had posted comments. All the other people who posted were family members. 

Woah!  I hadn't even noticed that.  *sniffle*

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2011, 08:08:12 PM »
We were thinking along the same lines.  I went to the doc for the first time in 5 years a couple of weeks ago.  I ain't going back.  I was fine until they did all those tests.  Now I ain't so fine.  Should never have gone.

I'll either get it all worked out or I won't.

KC

That's why I don't see a doctor anymore, got tired of them finding things wrong.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2011, 08:10:55 PM »
That's why I don't see a doctor anymore, got tired of them finding things wrong.  :-)

^5 my friend!  Thems my thoughts exactly.

KC

*Stolen