Author Topic: An Urgent Request. Gofundme Scam  (Read 3133 times)

Offline CC27

An Urgent Request. Gofundme Scam
« on: June 15, 2017, 04:50:55 PM »
Star Member Lil Missy (17,206 posts)

An Urgent Request.

With little warning, I learned just yesterday that my Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) would not be forthcoming next month and probably the following month. I'll copy you the text from my Go Fund Me Page that has most of the details, however I feel like I can elaborate here. I didn't indicate the exact reason on the Go Fund Me page but I'll give that detail for this community.

I work part time, which is not only allowed but is encouraged with this benefit, which I have done for 4 years now. I am a Home Health CNA; I work with clients who need private care and prefer to stay home rather that moving into another facility. I work a couple overnight shifts. I can only work part time - 20 hours a week usually, and it helps me in a couple ways. First, who can't use a little extra income? It doesn't pay much but it's not only good for my arthritis to be a little more active and while I always seem to have things to do, it also keeps my mind busy.

The problem? SSDI recipients can make up to $1170 a month (for 2017) and must send copies of pay stubs on a timely basis, I usually send them monthly. It appears that this year I have gone over that limit on a couple different months, therefore the SSDI benefit for that month is ZERO. ZIP. NADA. No gradual scale, it's all or nothing. The way this happened is that there were some Holidays I worked which are paid double time. For example I worked Christmas and New Years both, 12 hours shifts each time. Then another time I accepted double pay incentive to fill in for someone who had an emergency at the last minute. Each of those months went over the maximum threshold amount of $1170 allowed for that month.

That doesn't normally happen and I was already back to fewer hours and less pay weeks before I got this notice. So after the 2 month penalty is over my benefits will start again, provided my pay stubs warrant. They do, and will.

There are those who, rightfully so, are suspicious of requests like this - we've seen some problems with it here on DU. I've tried to be as thorough as I can possibly be, and if I left anything out I will answer questions that are within reason. However if you are feeling suspicious about my situation or feel unease with my explanation for any reason at all, just don't donate. This is voluntary.

Thank you for any assistance and/or good wishes.

Go Fund Me Page

https://www.gofundme.com/emergency-house-and-utilities-fund

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029209921

They finally figured out you are a lazy scum bag and cut you off.

Offline I_B_Perky

Re: An Urgent Request. Gofundme Scam
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 05:15:46 PM »
Star Member Lil Missy (17,206 posts)

An Urgent Request.

With little warning, I learned just yesterday that my Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) would not be forthcoming next month and probably the following month. I'll copy you the text from my Go Fund Me Page that has most of the details, however I feel like I can elaborate here. I didn't indicate the exact reason on the Go Fund Me page but I'll give that detail for this community.

I work part time, which is not only allowed but is encouraged with this benefit, which I have done for 4 years now. I am a Home Health CNA; I work with clients who need private care and prefer to stay home rather that moving into another facility. I work a couple overnight shifts. I can only work part time - 20 hours a week usually, and it helps me in a couple ways. First, who can't use a little extra income? It doesn't pay much but it's not only good for my arthritis to be a little more active and while I always seem to have things to do, it also keeps my mind busy.

The problem? SSDI recipients can make up to $1170 a month (for 2017) and must send copies of pay stubs on a timely basis, I usually send them monthly. It appears that this year I have gone over that limit on a couple different months, therefore the SSDI benefit for that month is ZERO. ZIP. NADA. No gradual scale, it's all or nothing. The way this happened is that there were some Holidays I worked which are paid double time. For example I worked Christmas and New Years both, 12 hours shifts each time. Then another time I accepted double pay incentive to fill in for someone who had an emergency at the last minute. Each of those months went over the maximum threshold amount of $1170 allowed for that month.

That doesn't normally happen and I was already back to fewer hours and less pay weeks before I got this notice. So after the 2 month penalty is over my benefits will start again, provided my pay stubs warrant. They do, and will.

There are those who, rightfully so, are suspicious of requests like this - we've seen some problems with it here on DU. I've tried to be as thorough as I can possibly be, and if I left anything out I will answer questions that are within reason. However if you are feeling suspicious about my situation or feel unease with my explanation for any reason at all, just don't donate. This is voluntary.

Thank you for any assistance and/or good wishes.

Go Fund Me Page

https://www.gofundme.com/emergency-house-and-utilities-fund

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029209921

Hi parasite!  Here is an idea... if you can work part time, especially 12 hour shifts, you can work full time.  Guess what leech? Sooner or later, probably sooner, SSDI is gonna go broke.  Then whacha gonna do?  Become a professional goundme beggar?

Oh and I sent a copy of your entire post to the fraud unit at SSA... highlighting the 12 hour shifts. 

Have a nice day, parasite!
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 05:21:09 PM »
Hi parasite!  Here is an idea... if you can work part time, especially 12 hour shifts, you can work full time.  Guess what leech? Sooner or later, probably sooner, SSDI is gonna go broke.  Then whacha gonna do?  Become a professional goundme beggar?

Oh and I sent a copy of your entire post to the fraud unit at SSA... highlighting the 12 hour shifts. 

Have a nice day, parasite!

I wonder if they will take kindly to the begathon... especially since she will SURELY claim that income.
Damned parasites.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 05:27:38 PM »
I wonder if they will take kindly to the begathon... especially since she will SURELY claim that income.
Damned parasites.

Hmmm... might have to send that post to the IRS as well.  Never thought about that as income!   :cheersmate:

Shoot I might as well go whole hog and send it to the white house under the subject of Fraud. I bet President Trump's aides will jump on that.   :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 05:33:55 PM »
Not the DUmpmokey's first rodeo.  It has learned lots of small GoBegForMes are better than one large one.

Next week: new sock puppet, new set of problems, nee GoBegging.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 05:45:58 PM »
Try panhandling, you can get some fresh air and sunshine, and the exercise will be good for you.

Cut back on your food budget, eat one meal of beans a day, turn off your phone, cable and internet for additional savings.

A little suffering for 2 months will make you stronger. :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline nomad54

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 08:13:26 PM »
You know what always blows my mind about these "desperate" people on DU?  They all seem to have a pet-they can't afford to take care of themselves, how do they afford to take care of an animal too.

Offline SPYDER

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 09:19:17 PM »
  It said changes for 2017.  Lil Missy said she has worked Christmas and New Year.  I thought Christmas was in December 2017?  And New Year could be New Years eve or day.  Don't make sense.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 09:26:14 PM by SPYDER »

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 09:18:52 AM »
  It said changes for 2017.  Lil Missy said she has worked Christmas and New Year.  I thought Christmas was in December 2017?  And New Year could be New Years eve or day.  Don't make sense.

I'll refer you to the words of the wise one:
Dummies lie. They lie all the time.
By the way... welcome to The Cave!

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 09:27:58 AM »
1 replies, 688 views

According to the go fund me page, only $55 donated so far.

Lil Missy (17,207 posts)
1. Thank you to the ones who have donated tonight.

The donations are listed by Real Names as opposed to DU handles, so I won't mention by name. All the same, your help is appreciated.

The only reply. By the OP. Only 3 people donated.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 10:02:03 AM »
She's a REAL dumbass.  Too much personal info on-line always gets one in trouble...
Linda Mulholland Council Bluffs, IA
Linda Mulholland, is a resident of Iowa and lives in Council Bluffs, 118 miles from the Des Moines, the capital of Iowa.

She was born on Thursday, March 1, 1956 and is 61 years old.

There are 66,849 other background records in Council Bluffs, Iowa.

Linda Mulholland lives with 1 other family member. Linda Mulholland is Married

PUBLIC RECORD HISTORY
Linda Mulholland
3260 Avenue H Council Bluffs, IA 51501
Phone: 712-322-1130
Born: March 1, 1956
Income Bracket: $52,500
Net Worth: $50,000

Education: High School
Home Owner: Owner
Home Type: Single
Year Home Built: 1998
Marital Status: Married
Home Market Value: $112,500
Political Doner: Yes
Charity Doner: Yes

DONATIONS
POLITICAL CHARITABLE DONATION
CHARITABLE DONATION
HEALTH CHARITABLE DONATION
RELIGIOUS CHARITABLE DONATION

ETHNIC
Ethnicith: Irish
Ethnic Group: White
Language: English
Religion: Catholic
Household
NUMBER OF ADULTS:  2
HOUSEHOLD SIZE:  2
GENERATIONS IN HOME:  1
OCCUPATION
WORKING WOMAN
CLERICAL / WHITE COLLAR
ENTERTAINMENT
ELECTRONICS

http://usaprofilepages.com/person/linda-mulholland-council-bluffs-ia

Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2017, 11:32:01 AM »
She's a REAL dumbass.  Too much personal info on-line always gets one in trouble...
http://usaprofilepages.com/person/linda-mulholland-council-bluffs-ia

Any info on how long of its 61 years it has been on SSDI?  :mad:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 06:14:35 PM »
Not the DUmpmokey's first rodeo.  It has learned lots of small GoBegForMes are better than one large one.

La-la-dee-dah.

Lip-pip-hip-blip-hooray.

comment 3547:
https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php/topic,81827.3525.html
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2017, 10:50:41 PM »
This could set the stage for another Scamdy perhaps?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du