Author Topic: Clemons decade long affair with country star.  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
Clemons decade long affair with country star.
« on: April 29, 2008, 02:59:38 PM »
NEW YORK - Roger Clemens had a decade-long relationship with country star Mindy McCready that began when she was a 15-year-old aspiring singer and the pitcher was a Boston Red Sox [team stats] ace, the Daily News reported.

Clemens’ lawyer, Rusty Hardin, confirmed a long-term relationship but told the newspaper it was not sexual.

"He flatly denies having had any kind of an inappropriate relationship with her," Hardin said. "He’s considered her a close family friend. ... He has never had a sexual relationship with her."
http://news.bostonherald.com/news/national/northeast/view.bg?articleid=1090219

but wait, there's more.........
Country singer Mindy McCready isn't challenging the New York Daily News story that said she had a relationship with Roger Clemens as a teen-ager.

"I cannot refute anything in the story," McCready told the Daily News in a story posted on its Web site Monday.  "I have known Roger Clemens for a long time," she said, without detailing the nature of their relationship.

Clemens' lawyer, Rusty Hardin, confirmed the pitcher and singer had known each other for a long time but told the newspaper there was no sex.

"At no time did Roger engage in any kind of inappropriate or improper relationship with her," Hardin said in a statement Monday. "It is unfortunate that the Daily News has chosen to report anonymous allegations that are completely unfounded, have no basis in fact, and have nothing to do with Roger's baseball career or the issue of steroid use in baseball."
http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2008/04/singer-says-she.html

Mindy McCready's career stalled out because she was a pill head.  She has been in trouble with the law for forging prescriptions.  Sound like the culture of a steroid user?

I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Clemons decade long affair with country star.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 07:19:28 PM »
NEW YORK - Roger Clemens had a decade-long relationship with country star Mindy McCready that began when she was a 15-year-old aspiring singer and the pitcher was a Boston Red Sox [team stats] ace, the Daily News reported.

Clemens’ lawyer, Rusty Hardin, confirmed a long-term relationship but told the newspaper it was not sexual.

"He flatly denies having had any kind of an inappropriate relationship with her," Hardin said. "He’s considered her a close family friend. ... He has never had a sexual relationship with her."
http://news.bostonherald.com/news/national/northeast/view.bg?articleid=1090219

but wait, there's more.........
Country singer Mindy McCready isn't challenging the New York Daily News story that said she had a relationship with Roger Clemens as a teen-ager.

"I cannot refute anything in the story," McCready told the Daily News in a story posted on its Web site Monday.  "I have known Roger Clemens for a long time," she said, without detailing the nature of their relationship.

Clemens' lawyer, Rusty Hardin, confirmed the pitcher and singer had known each other for a long time but told the newspaper there was no sex.

"At no time did Roger engage in any kind of inappropriate or improper relationship with her," Hardin said in a statement Monday. "It is unfortunate that the Daily News has chosen to report anonymous allegations that are completely unfounded, have no basis in fact, and have nothing to do with Roger's baseball career or the issue of steroid use in baseball."
http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2008/04/singer-says-she.html

Mindy McCready's career stalled out because she was a pill head.  She has been in trouble with the law for forging prescriptions.  Sound like the culture of a steroid user?

Never thought of it that way.  Interesting.  H5.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.