Author Topic: Draft Day Baby  (Read 13600 times)

Offline john c calhoun

Draft Day Baby
« on: April 26, 2008, 10:42:44 AM »
heres my newest predictions:

Rams:  Chris Long ...saints can't afford trade up
Falcons: Matt Ryan
Raydas: Glenn Dorsey
Chiefs: Ryan Clady
sorry assed Jets: Vernon Gholston
Pats: Brandon Albert
Ravens: McKleon
Buggles: Sedrick Ellis

I'm hoping to get 2 right  :p   ...:lmao:

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Draft Day Baby
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 11:48:02 AM »

did miami trade up? :???:

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 01:10:12 PM »

did miami trade up? :???:

miami already signed Jake Long.... (posted this, just incase you had 1 twelve pack too many  :lmao:)

but, as far as any other activity, Miami traded a 4th rounder for Adoyele & Fasano from Dallas (good move on miami's part, bad move on dallas's)

rumor is, nobody wants Jason Taylor for a 1st rounder, or possibly even a 2nd rounder (Patriots just may give them a  2nd rounder)

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 01:16:21 PM »
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d807fc3bf&template=with-video&confirm=true

Rams take Chris Long  !!  well, according to adam shefter ...

potentially great player, but, unless this is just bait for a trade down, I don't think its gonna help the floundering Rams much...(they need BLOCKERS, WR's, LB's, CB's, Safeties ...other than that, not much)

good thing is, this will leave Brandon Albert available & hopefully the other nimrod coaches will all take 'the best players' first, leaving brandon albert for the Patriots & preventing the Jets from getting gholston :hyper:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 01:36:00 PM »
Yeah it's draft day baby!!!   :cheersmate:

Farking YEAH!!! Here come the draft, here come the draft... FARKING YEAH!!!

I think i just wet myself.  :(

BRB

:-)

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 01:48:00 PM »

BRB

so what do ya think ?

dorsey gonna be a RAYDA ?? ......... or a falcon ??

I say Rayda  ...Warren Sapp retired & their Defensive interior really sucked last year anyway....

« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 01:54:40 PM by john c calhoun »

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 01:54:56 PM »

BRB

so what do ya think ?

I say Rayda  ...Warren Sapp retired & their Defensive interior really sucked last year anyway....

Dunno. Voted the Rams grab Chris Long but that's just because they "should" not because they will. In the "should" department, I'd say Atlanta gets Dorsey too. We will see.

Mock drafts are for pathetic die-hard football fans and I swear I will not view another until after the Superbowl next year.

:rotf:

Oh, and for the non-cable having tools like me...

http://www.nfl.com/

... watch the draft live on the Enter-toobs!!!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 02:00:47 PM by ReardenSteel »
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 02:03:14 PM »

BRB

so what do ya think ?

Dunno. Voted the Rams grab Chris Long but that's just because they should not because the will. In the "should department, I'd say Atlanta gets Dorsey too. We will see.

Mock drafts are for pathetic die-hard football fans and I swear I will not view another until after the Superbowl next year.

... watch the draft on the Enter-toobs!!!

I hope the falcons take dorsey....

that leaves Matt Ryan for either the Chiefs or JETS ....therefore freeing up  gholston for the PATS  :hyper:

I know the pats should prolly take albert 1st, but damn, I'd just love to watch gholston play for the PATS ...& if ANY team can find someone capable on the Oline in the 2nd round on back, it will be the pats ....

damn, losing that 31 pick really screwed them

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 02:04:26 PM »
Trade rumors are flying.

NO wants to move up for Dorsey. BAL wants to move up for Ryan.

We. shall. see.  :-) 

- Ayn Rand

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 02:08:32 PM »
Trade rumors are flying.

NO wants to move up for Dorsey. BAL wants to move up for Ryan.

We. shall. see.  :-) 

I thought NOLA said  noway ?? ....

how are the saints gonna pay brees, bush AND dorsey ? ....

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 02:14:29 PM »

BRB

so what do ya think ?

Dunno. Voted the Rams grab Chris Long but that's just because they should not because the will. In the "should department, I'd say Atlanta gets Dorsey too. We will see.

... watch the draft on the Enter-toobs!!!

I hope the falcons take dorsey....

that leaves Matt Ryan for either the Chiefs or JETS ....therefore freeing up  gholston for the PATS  :hyper:

I know the pats should prolly take albert 1st, but damn, I'd just love to watch gholston play for the PATS ...& if ANY team can find someone capable on the Oline in the 2nd round on back, it will be the pats ....

damn, losing that 31 pick really screwed them

I'd rather the Pats get (Buckeye!) Vernon Gholston cuz I hate them less than the Raiders. LOL

Chris Long is a Ram. (Long Long go one two... what have I been saying!) (O.K. here is where one might point out I said Chris to the Phins and Jake to the Rams but still...)

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 02:21:24 PM »
Wow. Ryan goes #3. He's gunna get creamed for a while but the Chiefs still have another first rounder to get a good tackle.

Things that make you go hmmmm.

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2008, 02:29:09 PM »
Raiders pass on Dorsey and Gholston.

McFadden goes at #4. Fumbleishous!  :rotf:

- Ayn Rand

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2008, 02:32:16 PM »
Wow. Ryan goes #3. He's gunna get creamed for a while but the Chiefs still have another first rounder to get a good tackle.

#3  is the falcons correct??

chiefs are #5 ...

well, that clears the road for the Raydas to take Dorsey ....

big move will be the chiefs IMO.... that may determine who the Pats end up with...

I think losing Jarod Allen will compel Herm to take sedrick ellis, therefore leaving brandon albert or vernon gholston for the PATS

then again, how is KC stacked for running backs ??  will herm grab Mcfadden, to make LJ start working hard again &/or replace him next injury ??

SCRATCH  THAT !!!

just got your message about Mcfadden .,...wow, they are STOOPID  :lmao:

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2008, 02:34:37 PM »
Raiders pass on Dorsey and Gholston.

McFadden goes at #4. Fumbleishous!  :rotf:

OH MY GOD....

dorsey and/or Gholston will be available for the PATS now !!!!! ... :naughty:

« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 02:37:33 PM by john c calhoun »

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2008, 02:37:32 PM »

chiefs are #5 ...

big move will be the chiefs IMO.... that may determine who the Pats end up with...

I think losing Jarod Allen will compel Herm to take sedrick ellis, therefore leaving brandon albert or vernon gholston for the PATS

then again, how is KC stacked for running backs ??  will herm grab Mcfadden, to make LJ start working hard again &/or replace him next injury ??

SCRATCH  THAT !!!

oops. Yeah, Ryan is a Falcon. duh!

On edit:

Doresy is a Chief.

- Ayn Rand

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2008, 02:40:32 PM »

chiefs are #5 ...

SCRATCH  THAT !!!

oops. Yeah, Ryan is a Falcon. duh!

On edit:

Doresy is a Chief.

how many running backs do the raiders have now ??  :lmao:

mcfadden has got BUST tattoed across his forehead already ...

now come on Herm....don't f**kup now & take dorsey or gholston  :banghead:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2008, 02:45:31 PM »
Jets pick in. It's Vernon.

Fine move. Glad he's on a team I don't care about so I can root for my guy.  :-)

Pat's on the clock.

- Ayn Rand

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2008, 02:50:08 PM »
Jets pick in. It's Vernon.

Fine move. Glad he's on a team I don't care about so I can root for my guy.  :-)

Pat's on the clock.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :banghead:

magninis RV gets the   :fuelfire: ..... :lmao:

herm edwards is a friggen TOOL !!!

but I figured gholston was going to the jets....mangini knew the Pats had been grooming him for a couple years... ... good thing is, BRANDON ALBERT may end up sitting on gholston these next few years, so he'll be a non factor against the PATS :naughty:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2008, 02:53:37 PM »
Well, well.

Pats trade pick to Saints. For what? (I don't know)

Saints grab DT Ellis. (sucks for the Bungles)  :(

- Ayn Rand

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2008, 02:54:54 PM »
Well, well.

what else did the PATS get for that trade ??

Saints 2nd round pick ?

and what else did you expect from the buggles ??  (now levi jones wants out too!! :loser:)

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2008, 02:58:29 PM »
pats will now prolly take Derrick Harvey or Brandon Albert  ??

I brandon albert would be a nice counter to vernon gholston...

oh vey, if only the Pats lost 1 game during last years regular season....they'd have won the SB & they'd have Vernon Gholston right now (cause the jets would've been 1 pick back)  :thatsright:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2008, 02:59:36 PM »
Well, well.

Saints 2nd round pick ?

and what else did you expect from the buggles ??  (now levi jones wants out too!! :loser:)

April and the Draft is where everyone pretends they can make it all better, heh heh.  :p

BAL traded their pick too. To the Jags. (dunno what for yet)

(Pats got the Saints #10 overall plus a 3rd round pick... Pats give up a 5th rounder) You watching live?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/live

On edit:

JAX gets DE Harvey. That's 3 pass rushers out of eight picks.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 03:03:06 PM by ReardenSteel »

- Ayn Rand

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2008, 03:01:53 PM »
Well, well.

Saints 2nd round pick ?

April and the Draft is where everyone pretends they can make it all better, heh heh.  :p

(Pats got the Saints #10 overall plus a 3rd round pick... Pats give up a 5th rounder) You watching live?

no, I'm relying on YOU because my old computer can't get the feed from NFL.com  :( ...

jags needs ?? ... DE, running back, WR  ?

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2008, 03:04:54 PM »
Well, well.

Saints 2nd round pick ?

no, I'm relying on YOU because my old computer can't get the feed from NFL.com  :( ...

jags needs ?? ... DE, running back, WR  ?

You nailed it. (See my edit above)

Just a little slow but pretty good for updates.  :cheersmate:
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl

- Ayn Rand