Author Topic: Bill James on 60 Minutes  (Read 1806 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Bill James on 60 Minutes
« on: March 31, 2008, 04:37:09 PM »
Anyone else catch "the genius" on 60 Minutes last night?  Unfortunately, it was after that god-awful puff piece on Algore, but it was a pretty nice interview and commentary.  Of course, I could have listened to an hour long interview, but that's beside the point.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Bill James on 60 Minutes
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 04:40:30 PM »
Anyone else catch "the genius" on 60 Minutes last night?  Unfortunately, it was after that god-awful puff piece on Algore, but it was a pretty nice interview and commentary.  Of course, I could have listened to an hour long interview, but that's beside the point.

I caught the show on the science channel about his "sabremetrics".  it was a fair representation, I thought.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Bill James on 60 Minutes
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 04:43:35 PM »

I caught the show on the science channel about his "sabremetrics".  it was a fair representation, I thought.

Yeah, I ran across that while scanning through the channels a while back.  It was interesting as well.

He's got a brand new website (and a new book).  I haven't gotten around to the book yet (tax season), nor have I subscribed to the pay part of his website yet (again, tax season), but it's fairly interesting to look around.

http://www.billjamesonline.net/Default.aspx
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender