Author Topic: CC Bracket challenge!  (Read 4253 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

CC Bracket challenge!
« on: March 14, 2008, 06:17:31 PM »
Eight views in 24 hours? C'mon people now!  :thatsright:

http://www.conservativescave.com/index.php?topic=4175.0

All are welcome. It's easy to play. Don't cost nothin'.  :-)

Head over to sports, click the link and sign right up.

/end-lounge/sports invasion.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline ReardenSteel

Re: CC Bracket challenge!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 12:00:16 PM »
Dudes.

Is CC to have all of two members in the March Maddness bracket challenge? Also, is that hilarious or is that pathetic because I honestly don't know.

Briefly, and I'm specifically addressing the men of CC... you can run to the sports forum more quickly if you hike up your collective skirts.

:old: Time to honor a time honored tradition here folks.  :-)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Flame

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 12:05:36 PM »
Sorry, RS, I just don't get into basketball that much (my youngest played the first ever season of basketball in our family this year).

I'm up to my ears in Little League practices right now!!

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 12:15:57 PM »
Sorry, RS, I just don't get into basketball that much (my youngest played the first ever season of basketball in our family this year).

I'm up to my ears in Little League practices right now!!

What fun! Sounds like a wholesome, healthy good time.

OK, bball aint for everyone. I have no grudge against any CCer that's not interested, I'm just bewildered at how patheticly few are.
 :thatsright:

- Ayn Rand

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 12:16:09 PM »
I'm on a work computer.  Can't get onto yahoo! games.  I'd love to.  I'll try to get to get to one that'll let me.  But, honestly, I don't care that much about Basketball until March.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Flame

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 12:17:42 PM »
I'm on a work computer.  Can't get onto yahoo! games.  I'd love to.  I'll try to get to get to one that'll let me.  But, honestly, I don't care that much about Basketball until March.

<checks calender> 

You should be plenty interested now then!  :-)

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 12:25:19 PM »

Cool. Glad to generate some interest. The first tip off is on Thur. so there is time. This is one of those things that's "the more the merrier" to the nth degree.  :-)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 12:27:34 PM »
I'm on a work computer.  Can't get onto yahoo! games.  I'd love to.  I'll try to get to get to one that'll let me.  But, honestly, I don't care that much about Basketball until March.

<checks calender> 

:rotf:

I'm sorry, Sam, but...

*falls down laughing again*
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 12:32:15 PM »
I'm on a work computer.  Can't get onto yahoo! games.  I'd love to.  I'll try to get to get to one that'll let me.  But, honestly, I don't care that much about Basketball until March.

<checks calender> 

I'm sorry, Sam, but...

But my lack of interest until this point makes it virtually impossible to predict anything besides North Carolina is great, Memphis won't make the elite eight, and Kansas State is a one man show.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 12:37:50 PM »

<checks calender> 

I'm sorry, Sam, but...

But my lack of interest until this point makes it virtually impossible to predict anything besides North Carolina is great, Memphis won't make the elite eight, and Kansas State is a one man show.

Meh, I pretty much ignore college basketball these days.   I'm waiting for football season to return.  :p
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 12:47:41 PM »
Since it is just a given that I am going to win, what are the prizes?  I want exactly one brownie point for a prize.  If I don't get it then I quit and tell someone's mom!
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 12:59:10 PM »

<checks calender> 

I'm sorry, Sam, but...

Meh, I pretty much ignore college basketball these days.   I'm waiting for football season to return.  :p

:cheersmate: These other sports are a good way to pass the time. You know, college basketballs "Selection Sunday" is THE most exciting Sunday all year long! (not counting Easter, Mothers' Day- in May, Fathers' Day- in June and every football Sunday form the pre-season in August to the superbowl in February)

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 01:04:23 PM »
Since it is just a given that I am going to win, what are the prizes?  I want exactly one brownie point for a prize.  If I don't get it then I quit and tell someone's mom!

Fair enough. Consider the following CC's official trophy for the 2008 March Maddness champ...

:-)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 03:00:37 PM »
So, how's everybody doin'?  I was looking good yesterday, but I'm taking a beating today.  I won't pick against my 'Canes again.  I got my 12 - 5 upset right and all my sweet 16 picks are still alive.  How's everybody else doin'?

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 02:27:55 PM »
So, how's everybody doin'?  I was looking good yesterday, but I'm taking a beating today.  I won't pick against my 'Canes again.  I got my 12 - 5 upset right and all my sweet 16 picks are still alive.  How's everybody else doin'?

Pretty good. Happy to have the lead in our small group but things can change fast as more points are awarded at each step. I'm happier to be in the 96th percentile in the yahoo tourney as a whole. Having said that, shouting I'm number 68,973 impresses very few)  :lmao:

Glad to see Xavier (Cincinnati) doing well as they are local and I picked em to make the elite eight. Got NC, UCLA, TX and Wisconsin in the final four and they are still kickin'. Time will tell if they are good enough but so far, they all look it.

- Ayn Rand

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 02:35:01 PM »
football has not started yet.

:bawl:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 02:55:13 PM »

Pretty good. Happy to have the lead in our small group but things can change fast as more points are awarded at each step. I'm happier to be in the 96th percentile in the yahoo tourney as a whole. Having said that, shouting I'm number 68,973 impresses very few)  :lmao:

Glad to see Xavier (Cincinnati) doing well as they are local and I picked em to make the elite eight. Got NC, UCLA, TX and Wisconsin in the final four and they are still kickin'. Time will tell if they are good enough but so far, they all look it.

I'm hanging in there, barely.