Author Topic: New Claim of Taping Emerges Against Patriots  (Read 2112 times)

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
New Claim of Taping Emerges Against Patriots
« on: February 22, 2008, 12:47:24 PM »
New Claim of Taping Emerges Against Patriots

By JOHN BRANCH and GREG BISHOP
Published: February 22, 2008
New York Times

EXCERPT:

INDIANAPOLIS — The Patriots’ pattern of illicitly videotaping the signals of opposing N.F.L. coaches began in Coach Bill Belichick’s first preseason with the team in 2000, a former Patriots player said. The information was put to use in that year’s regular-season opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Belichick’s debut as New England’s coach.

The secret taping of signals, which is against league rules, continued at least through three championship seasons to the 2007 season opener against the Jets, when the Patriots were caught and subsequently sanctioned by the league.

As coaches and executives gathered here Thursday for the N.F.L. scouting combine, many saying they were satisfied with the league’s investigation and ready to move on, new details were emerging about the history of the Patriots’ videotaping.

According to several executives in the league, the season opener against the Jets was not the first time the Patriots had been spotted taping another team’s defensive coaches at Giants Stadium. In the final preseason game of 2006, the Patriots were caught taping a Giants defensive assistant giving signals, the executives said.

The Rest Of the Story

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This isn't worth a congressional investigation, but I DO want to see the league get to the bottom of this and see how far this thing went. . .what pisses me off is the fact that they DID NOT HAVE TO DO THIS. The Patriots were/are good enough w/o resorting to cheating. But now that they've done it, people will wonder, and maybe there will be an asterisk to the Patriot Reign.

*TKay*

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
Re: New Claim of Taping Emerges Against Patriots
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 01:15:36 PM »
This Patriots scandal bothered me until Super Bowl Sunday. They cheated and they still lost.

Justice was served!  :cheersmate:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 02:51:45 PM »
Look at NY trying to recycle old news.    You know when Polian tells you to STFU about it already that there is nothing more to milk out of this.

Oh and if sticking a camera up the ass of coaching staff, in full view of the world, is considered an "unfair advantage" over some team then it is time for that team to just pack it up cause they have hands down won the dumb ass of the year award.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 02:57:43 PM »
My bad, what was the Jets' final record this year?   Yeah, they are a bunch of dumbasses aren't they?

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 03:44:10 PM »
This Patriots scandal bothered me until Super Bowl Sunday. They cheated and they still lost.

18 wins and one Giant loss.  :-)

Still, I have read stories about the Pats cheating in several areas before SpyGate became a huge issue. It's not even like they NEED to cheat though, so I have no idea why the hell they would do that.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 03:51:03 PM »

True... but it still makes me wonder if we could have had it served sooner if people hadn't spoken up.

*TKay*

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 01:18:30 PM »

True... but it still makes me wonder if we could have had it served sooner if people hadn't spoken up.

*TKay*

then you'd be hearing about all the steroids & speed most of  the players are on, as well as opposing teams having players fake injuries to get traded, rigging stadiums to pump in artificial noice, heat, screwing w/ the turf/balls etc.etc.etc. ...

as michael strahan said " WE ALL CHEAT" ....

my god, as uhuh said, the pats lost the big one, they paid the price for using modern technology and  the NEW YORK media won the SB, not the only capitalist team in the NFL thats left (the patriots that is)