Author Topic: GOP Blocks Jan 6 "Commission" in Filibuster Victory Against Biden  (Read 944 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
The usual RINO senators:
  • Mitt Romney
  • Lisa Murkowski
  • Susan Collins
  • Ben Sasse
  • Bill Cassidy*
  • Rob Portman*

*I'm not as in tune with these clowns' voting record, but if they're signing on with the Dems, that makes 'em RINO-eligible.

Any rational thinking human being can immediately see that the Jan. 6 riot "Commission" would be only a diversion from the catastrophe that is the Biden administration. Should that "Commission" come about, it would further consume the leftist media and they simply would not report on anything else coming out of D.C.

At any rate, this "Commission" is dead as the remaining senators could not vote to overcome the filibuster.

A major victory and a definite thumb in the eye to Grandpa Gropey.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2021/05/28/senate-january-6-vote-n2590101?utm_source=breakingemail
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
Re: GOP Blocks Jan 6 "Commission" in Filibuster Victory Against Biden
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 02:35:23 PM »
Rob Portman of OHIO is not seeking a 3rd term in '22.
Bill Cassidy of Louisiana is not up for re-election until '26.  He voted to convict the President at the 2nd impeachment trial.
Ben Sasse of Nebraska is not up for re-election until '26.  He voted to convict the President at the 2nd impeachment trial.
Susan Collins of Maine is not up for re-election until '26.  She voted to convict the President at the 2nd impeachment trial.
Lisa Murkowski of Alaska is up for re-election in '22. She voted to convict the President at the 2nd impeachment trial.

Murkowski lost the GOP primary to Tea Party Joe Miller in 2010 and went on to win in the general election as a WRITE IN CANDIDATE.  A remarkable political accomplishment not made since Strom Thurmond in the 60's.  Sarah Palin, please throw your hat into the ring.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 02:38:22 PM by old dog 2 »
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 05:15:38 PM »
The votes aren't what matters for the time being...

Pelosi orchestrated a... whaddya call it... a 'bluff' that the GOP was well-aware was being laid-out for them to walk into.  They risked it...  and it's paying-off for the GOP so far.

Pelosi refused Trump's call for the National Guard.
Pelosi ordered Capitol Police to stand-down.
Pelosi (& comrades) 'likely' had placed antifa 'plants' in the Trump-crowd, which would be centerpieced by a bomb-plot.

A 1/6 Commission would assuredly unearth that enterprise.  Otherwise, why no news about the supposed bomb-discoveries?

She's counting on the American-public being outraged about the 1/6 plug-pull.  They're not.  She's getting-away with having planned a fake insurrection... but there's no smoke, rubble, and bad Trump-headlines she can gloat over.     

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 06:25:25 PM »
Rob Portman of OHIO is not seeking a 3rd term in '22.
Bill Cassidy of Louisiana is not up for re-election until '26.  He voted to convict the President at the 2nd impeachment trial.
Ben Sasse of Nebraska is not up for re-election until '26.  He voted to convict the President at the 2nd impeachment trial.
Susan Collins of Maine is not up for re-election until '26.  She voted to convict the President at the 2nd impeachment trial.
Lisa Murkowski of Alaska is up for re-election in '22. She voted to convict the President at the 2nd impeachment trial.

Murkowski lost the GOP primary to Tea Party Joe Miller in 2010 and went on to win in the general election as a WRITE IN CANDIDATE.  A remarkable political accomplishment not made since Strom Thurmond in the 60's.  Sarah Palin, please throw your hat into the ring.

Thanks for this history, old dog 2. h5

Not sure about Sarah Palin. She seems to have a lot of family-related issues of late. She might want to focus on those, which might be what she's doing.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 06:35:13 PM »
The votes aren't what matters for the time being...

Pelosi orchestrated a... whaddya call it... a 'bluff' that the GOP was well-aware was being laid-out for them to walk into.  They risked it...  and it's paying-off for the GOP so far.

Pelosi refused Trump's call for the National Guard.
Pelosi ordered Capitol Police to stand-down.
Pelosi (& comrades) 'likely' had placed antifa 'plants' in the Trump-crowd, which would be centerpieced by a bomb-plot.

A 1/6 Commission would assuredly unearth that enterprise.  Otherwise, why no news about the supposed bomb-discoveries?

She's counting on the American-public being outraged about the 1/6 plug-pull.  They're not.  She's getting-away with having planned a fake insurrection... but there's no smoke, rubble, and bad Trump-headlines she can gloat over.     

It's nice theory, but I'm not buying it. First of all, I'm not at all convinced that a 1/6 Commission would unearth anything. Lots of hot air (typical for D.C.), lots of theory, lots of conjecture, lots of words, but apart from the facts that the only homicide that occurred during this "insurrection" happened at the hands of a still-unnamed Capitol Police officer (yeah, I know, the name "David Bailey" has been floated but the CapPo and the complicit media have not formally released his name -- and that includes Fox News, btw), I have ZERO confidence that any such "Commission" would do anything but occupy air time and deflect from Biden's incompetence and mental/physical decline.

Secondly, as to Pelousy orchestrating the "insurrection" herself, that's a stretch that will NEVER come to light, if at all true -- which I don't buy.

Nancy wants to orchestrate, but she doesn't want her hands dirty -- I get that. A "commission" wouldn't identify her at all, in fact lead AWAY from her. She would make sure of it. (I think it's called conspiracy, when such conspiracy were to be identified and prosecuted, which would never happen.)

The entire idea was filthy, as we can attest because it's what the Dems wanted.

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 06:51:11 PM »
A 1/6 Commission would be complete propaganda BS ... insurrection "impeachment 2.0", white supremacists, neo-nazis, KKK militias etc. as a national security threat hiding in the MAGA movement.  Bipartisan?  Half partisan democrats and half neverTrump establishment republicans.  Facts, truth will all be cheerfully ignored.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2021, 07:08:35 PM »

Only remarkable in a conventional U.S. state with a concentrated population in one specific area.  It shouldn't be surprising in a state, as sure as beautiful it might be that has about as many residents as igloos.

Excellent points though, Old Dog 2!  It always is useful to see who is up for re-election and when, their potential retirement age and how competitive the races might be in a particular state. :cheersmate:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2021, 09:47:04 AM »
It's nice theory, but I'm not buying it. First of all, I'm not at all convinced that a 1/6 Commission would unearth anything. Lots of hot air (typical for D.C.), lots of theory, lots of conjecture, lots of words, but apart from the facts that the only homicide that occurred during this "insurrection" happened at the hands of a still-unnamed Capitol Police officer (yeah, I know, the name "David Bailey" has been floated but the CapPo and the complicit media have not formally released his name -- and that includes Fox News, btw), I have ZERO confidence that any such "Commission" would do anything but occupy air time and deflect from Biden's incompetence and mental/physical decline.

Secondly, as to Pelousy orchestrating the "insurrection" herself, that's a stretch that will NEVER come to light, if at all true -- which I don't buy.

Nancy wants to orchestrate, but she doesn't want her hands dirty -- I get that. A "commission" wouldn't identify her at all, in fact lead AWAY from her. She would make sure of it. (I think it's called conspiracy, when such conspiracy were to be identified and prosecuted, which would never happen.)

The entire idea was filthy, as we can attest because it's what the Dems wanted.

All quite viable.  I'm trying to account for the zero blowback against the GOP... other than the puzzlingly-slow timing of the announcement of a Commission.

The Media-Democrat power-structure wanted it, but now they seem stuck holding the bag. 

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2021, 09:09:50 AM »
I'm with Eupher.  A commission would be political theater, and unlikely to actually 'uncover" anything.  What might accidentally be found would likely show that 1/6 was not a planned insurrection, but a few over-enthusiastic, misguided, and sick and tired people falling victim to their own frustrations.  Some provocateurs, no doubt, and maybe ones from different political spectrums.  But overall not something worth a massive collection of proggie sound bites. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.