Author Topic: Neanderthal thinking: Texas reports ZERO Chinese Wuhan deaths  (Read 593 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Texas reports zero COVID deaths 2 months after Biden slammed 'Neanderthal thinking'

Texas reported zero deaths from COVID-19 on Sunday, just two months after Gov. Greg Abbott drew heat from the White House for rolling back business restrictions and lifting the state's mask mandate.

It marked the first time the Lone Star State reported no coronavirus deaths in about 14 months, according to state health data. Abbott said the case numbers reported on Sunday – 388 – were the lowest in more than 13 months, while the number of hospitalizations was the lowest in 11 months.

President Biden skewered Texas, as well as Mississippi, at the beginning of March for relaxing lockdown measures, accusing state officials of "Neanderthal thinking." At the time, Abbott had announced that businesses would be allowed to operate at full capacity – even though some health experts cautioned at the time that dropping preventative measures could lead to a spike in cases.

"I think it's a big mistake," Biden told reporters, following the announcement from Texas. "Look, I hope everybody's realized by now, these masks make a difference. We are on the cusp of being able to fundamentally change the nature of this disease because of the way in which we're able to get vaccines in people's arms."

Since then, however, caseloads nationwide have dropped as more Americans are vaccinated.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also updated its guidance last Thursday, saying that it's safe for fully vaccinated Americans to forgo social distancing and go most places – indoor or outdoor – without a mask, bringing to end more than a year of mandatory face coverings in most parts of the country.  But some states, including Hawaii and Massachusetts, have insisted they will keep their mask mandates in place.

The CDC drew a sharp rebuke for its roundabout on the matter of face coverings; less than two months ago, Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky warned of "impending doom" as COVID-19 cases began to rise again.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-covid-deaths-biden-mask-mandate

:nelson:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
Re: Neanderthal thinking: Texas reports ZERO Chinese Wuhan deaths
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 02:34:26 PM »
The Biden regime is counting on untested illegals to turn this number around.  Ditto Florida.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 03:07:29 PM »
I'd be surprised if he remembered what he said a hour ago much less a couple of months ago.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 09:07:39 AM »
The Biden regime is counting on untested illegals to turn this number around.  Ditto Florida.

Yup. That's exactly what Fauci intimated when he said, in effect, the jury's still out on that number. The leftists (and Fauci is one of them) are banking on that illegal horde bringing in all kinds of grief.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.