Author Topic: Cyrano thinks we're ignorant  (Read 740 times)

Offline Mary Ann

Cyrano thinks we're ignorant
« on: February 11, 2020, 05:48:09 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212979027
Cyrano (11,906 posts)

Millions vote to screw themselves

Republican voters keep voting to screw themselves and lose every government benefit they receive.

Some of them are racists/bigots. Some of them will vote against anything Democrats are for. But far too many of them are actually not knowledgeable of the fact that Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, child care programs, student loans and so much more that helps them, comes from federal government programs. They come from the taxes we all pay.

If they were made aware that Republicans are trying to **** them out of every benefit that helps them survive, would they still vote for Republicans? Seriously. Could hatred, bigotry, racism, and all the rest of the shit they've bought into make them vote against their own self interests?

And then add Trump to the mix. They can't seem to see that he's screwing them far worse than the Republican Party ever dreamed of. Are they lemmings? Are they suicidal? I don't get it. I can't grasp what goes on in their minds.

What the **** is wrong with them????
First of all, DUmmie Cyrano, not ALL of us pay taxes; we are at the point where nearly HALF of all people don't pay taxes, and if that doesn't scare the Hell out of you, it is only because you are one of those who pays nothing.

Second, _I_ know what's in my own "self interests." You don't have a clue.

Third, if you want college costs to drop like a rock, get government $$$ out of it. Now that they want to get their mitts on child care you can expect those costs to do the exact same thing as college tuition. *shiver*

Finally, I'm doing just fine, thanks in large part to Trump's tax cut and policies that have allowed my dh's 401k to soar like we couldn't have imagined when he retired two years ago.

Stay the F out of my life, Cyrano, and I'll be just fine.

Offline DUmpDiver

Re: Cyrano thinks we're ignorant
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 06:02:07 PM »
The DUmmies always make the claim of people "voting against their own interests" - which they define as the amount of free stuff you can get from the government.  In other words, you're supposed to vote based on personal greed.

Meanwhile they repeatedly and negatively refer to The Republican Party as the party of greed.

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 06:56:17 PM »
I do not think that word means what you think it means.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 07:17:55 PM »
Naw, he’s no different than any other DUmmie. He doesn’t think you’re ignorant, he KNOWS you’re just stupid. Your intellect could never match his. It’s one of their biggest flaws.

I thought it funny today how they were all laughing about the Larry David bit with the MAGA hat. It really highlights their perception of themselves. LOL

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 07:22:03 PM »
Naw, he’s no different than any other DUmmie. He doesn’t think you’re ignorant, he KNOWS you’re just stupid. Your intellect could never match his. It’s one of their biggest flaws.

I thought it funny today how they were all laughing about the Larry David bit with the MAGA hat. It really highlights their perception of themselves. LOL

KC
I missed that. Do you have a link?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 07:27:20 PM »

To the Larry David threads?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 07:29:49 PM »

Larry David doesn't care if Trump supporters are alienated by MAGA hat on 'Curb'
Larry David had strong words when asked in a recent interview if he was "afraid about alienating" Trump supporters for wearing a "Make America Great Again"  hat in his HBO show, "Curb Your Enthusiasm."

Journalist Jimmy Traina shared a clip of David's January interview with Michael Kay after President Trump shared a scene from "Curb" where David discovers that wearing the iconic "MAGA" hat is a great "people repellent." He wears the hat around Los Angeles to avoid person-to-person contact.

Kay asks David: "There are people that wear the MAGA hat and like what the MAGA hat represents. Are you afraid about alienating them? They could be fans of the show?"

David replies: "Alienate yourself. Go, go and alienate! You have my blessing. No, I could give a f--k."

https://www-foxnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.foxnews.com/entertainment/larry-david-alienating-trump-supporters-maga-hat-curb-your-enthusiasm-hbo.amp?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#aoh=15814708381889&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fentertainment%2Flarry-david-alienating-trump-supporters-maga-hat-curb-your-enthusiasm-hbo

Editing to add: Apologies for the goofy link.  But it works.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 07:32:45 PM by Ralph Wiggum »
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 08:03:38 PM »
 Never heard of him.:shrug:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 09:19:35 PM »
Cyrano is exceptionally immature. He’s part of those who believe the purpose of the government is to provide benefits to its citizens and can’t imagine that others don’t see it the same way. It’s a narrow minded vision from a narrow minded individual. But trying to get him to see the world in a way in which he’s not conditioned is futile. He’ll go to his grave believing that the only reason he’s alive is because the gov’t gave him the means to stay alive. He’s a slave who’s convinced himself he’s free.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.