Author Topic: Investing in the ObamaFund  (Read 1928 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Investing in the ObamaFund
« on: December 30, 2014, 04:02:51 AM »
Hey, kids. Uncle Sam has a new investment offer for you. Even if you have several decades of productive work ahead—and thus a long investing time horizon—the White House wants you to consider a retirement plan that will invest in nothing but U.S. government debt.

Any financial professional who advised a young investor to avoid stocks and corporate bonds—and everything else except Treasury bonds—would be sued for malpractice. But asset allocation is merely one of the problems with the new “myRA” fund rolling out from the Treasury this month.

A form of Roth Individual Retirement Account that allows people to save after-tax dollars and watch them grow tax-free until retirement, the new myRA offers a single investment option. It’s a private version of the G Fund that is available to federal workers and has lately been delivering annual returns of about 2% on its portfolio of Treasury securities.

Intended for those who haven’t started saving for retirement, don’t have a retirement plan at work, and make less than $129,000 per year ($191,000 for married couples filing jointly), the myRA requires no minimum investment to open an account and promises no fees for investors.

Readers will recall President Obama ’s announcement of this program in January’s State of the Union address. Mr. Obama said that he would direct the Treasury to create this new retirement plan, which was puzzling because such plans are normally created by law, not Presidential order.

Congressional staff were as puzzled as anyone and wondered how the White House would justify the creation of this new savings vehicle. Or perhaps Team Obama would seek new authority from Congress? Well, Treasury is now offering these accounts and has hired Texas-based Comerica to manage them with a partner, Fidelity National Information Services . But the executive branch received no new authority from Congress this year to launch the program.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/investing-in-the-obamafund-1419898857
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 04:41:34 AM by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Re: Investing in the ObamaFund
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 04:04:29 AM »
And here is how and where the confiscation of our private retirement funds begins.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 04:01:42 PM »
I am shocked at owebuma's complete ignorance of economics and finances.
But every time I think he can shock me no more, he steps up his game and delivers even more incredible ignorance.
Then again the libs have made hay in total scams such as green energy, carbon credits, renewables and many such financially unsound schemes.
My first reaction would be that not one person anywhere will invest a single penny in such an instrument.
But then there were all the AlGore and Terry McAullife(global crossing) supporters that speculated in dog investments to make their heroes millions.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 05:23:07 PM »
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 10:01:21 AM »
I am shocked at owebuma's complete ignorance of economics and finances.
But every time I think he can shock me no more, he steps up his game and delivers even more incredible ignorance.
Then again the libs have made hay in total scams such as green energy, carbon credits, renewables and many such financially unsound schemes.
My first reaction would be that not one person anywhere will invest a single penny in such an instrument.
But then there were all the AlGore and Terry McAullife(global crossing) supporters that speculated in dog investments to make their heroes millions.

I guess I'm jaded but nothing the Empty Suit and anyone associated with him does surprises me anymore.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe