Author Topic: DUmmies discuss their conservative relatives (again)  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

DUmmies discuss their conservative relatives (again)
« on: October 27, 2013, 08:09:35 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023931256#post12

Sun Oct 27, 2013, 12:31 PM

Maraya1969 (10,393 posts)

I can't believe how much my family has changed after being brainwashed by the GOP.

I just got 2 emails from my mother. The first one was about this bowling alley, (it was fake) in Florida and how they made all the lanes go down to a picture of President Obama with him mouth open. You are supposed to roll a ball and knock out his teeth.

She would never have laughed at or joked about being violent about anyone in the past. Now she thinks it's funny?

Then she sent me another email about "people in Walmart's airplane" Of course it is like the people from Walmart "jokes" where they show you mostly obese people and people who look different.

When I was a kid if I ever made fun of the way someone looked I would be in trouble and gotten a lecture about how wrong it was.

It is like they have taken my mother away and replaced her with a mean person. I hate it. I have tears in my eyes now just typing about it. The far right is changing people's values in a horrible way.

I got an email awhile ago from my brother, (a minister) quoting Rush Limbaugh about immigration and he is saying, "No mas" and my brother thought that was so, "right on". The interesting thing is our father was an undocumented immigrant for several years in this country. So I wrote back to him and reminded him of this and he replies, "Yea but Daddy wanted to become a US citizen" WTF? As if no one else wants to become a US citizen! And this is from a man who has a frigging PHD!

I remember my brother and my mother and father, (father is deceased now) being very sensitive and caring about other people. They have been ruined. It is so ****ing sad.

Wonder what she'd think about her daughter's post?

Maraya1969 (Original post)

Sun Oct 27, 2013, 01:04 PM

mzteris (16,081 posts)

11. How old is your mom?

And when was the last time she had a full checkup (physical)? She should get one, and the doctor should do a mental faculties test.

I'm not joking here, if she is changing that much from her central tenets, then she may be in the early stages of a mental deterioration. Seriously, I'd try and get her to a doctor soon. The sooner they start treatment, the longer they can stave off the more serious issues.

Though, of course, it may be she's just changed. Is she isolated? Who are her friends? What does she do? If she's alone a lot (which would exacerbate and hasten mental deterioration, btw) and she's stuck watching tv or listening to the radio and putzing around on the computer (and your idiot brother is sending her idiot emails!) then she may have been brainwashed. An intervention, maybe?
:rotf:
"a mental faculties test"

Response to Maraya1969 (Original post)

Sun Oct 27, 2013, 02:10 PM

riverbendviewgal (2,696 posts)

23. my mother would hang up on me when I said Obama

My dad had died in 2000. They were retired and on medicare. She
never had anything good to say about my Canada health care which my husband and our younger son were treated for brain cancer and non - Hodgkins lymphoma. We had no medical bills. She hated me so much for becoming Canadian and liking Obama, as all my Cdn friends loved him. When she died in 2010 she left me a dollar.

My brother turned into an Obama hating , Hannity loving man when Obama was elected. He watches Fox religiously. No matter how many linls or snopes links I sent to disprove his racial rants it did no good. My brother is proud he knows nothing about the world. He loves waving the America flag and now the Confederate flag. He is a real teabagger.

So after a few "break ups" the last straw for him was my proof of him quoting the lies of Fox verbatim. The last time we agreed to no politics and no religion. He could not honor that. Oh well, I am glad I'm living very far away.

your brother and my mother are the same.

Be aware that many people move away and choose to relinquish their US citizenship.
 You verify this by looking it up in the government records.

left her a dollar  :rotf:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: DUmmies discuss their conservative relatives (again)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 08:18:48 PM »
Individuals who post on Skin's island talking about hate?

Hey Maraya1969 primitive, people who live in glass houses, etc.........

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 08:54:25 PM »
Response to Maraya1969 (Original post)Sun Oct 27, 2013, 08:02 PM
Link Speed (572 posts)
82. I lost my mother and my inheritance over this

In the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s, my dear mother was the most leftist, anarchist person I knew. She was legendary in our Texas town because she had the time and the money to fight anything she wanted to fight.

Then I moved out West and she was left alone with my asshole stepfather and ****ed News. During the last election, she began to send those typical right-wing bullshit emails and I told her to stop.

That cost me more money than 99% of Americans will see in their lifetimes and I have lost no sleep over it.

He must've landed on his feet since he can afford to drive one of those expensive Tesla roadsters.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 08:55:17 PM »
They keep talking about Fox News "lies." I'd love to see just one example.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 08:56:17 PM »
He must've landed on his feet since he can afford to drive one of those expensive Tesla roadsters.

Either that, or as usual, he's just lying.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 09:15:20 PM »
Anybody who allows politics to destroy family relationships has some serious problems. 

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 09:35:48 PM »
Anybody who allows politics to destroy family relationships has some serious problems. 

CR... Dummies, all of them without exception, have serious problems.  They are the ones that destroy their relationships, not the reverse. I think they are just so full of hate, for whatever reason, that they just simply cannot function in a civil society.

Eventually I think all that hate consumes them to the point they can no longer function. Pretty sad... and interesting in a macabre sort of way. Kind of like Edgar Allan Poe or even Stephen King. You read them, you just know they just ain't right, but you cannot seem to put the book down.

Kinda why I got longtime moles at DU. I like to study them, quietly. I don't try to stir them up... I just want to see them "in the wild" so to speak.
Like a Stephen King book... I just cannot seem to put it down.   :cheersmate: :cheersmate:

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 09:39:53 PM »

When TiT's family first arrived in Texas, they had to fight the Cro-Magnons.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 05:10:09 AM »
When TiT's family first arrived in Texas, they had to fight the Cro-Magnons.

Luckily, his family were members of Seal Team .0000001, so one of them managed to hold a shotgun to the chest of the leader.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 06:41:35 AM »

Proof that if liberals had all the power they claim they are entitled to possess they would be tyrants who wouldn't even spare their own families.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 06:56:29 AM »
Response to Maraya1969 (Original post)Sun Oct 27, 2013, 08:02 PM
Link Speed (572 posts)
82. I lost my mother and my inheritance over this

In the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s, my dear mother was the most leftist, anarchist person I knew. She was legendary in our Texas town because she had the time and the money to fight anything she wanted to fight.

Then I moved out West and she was left alone with my asshole stepfather and ****ed News. During the last election, she began to send those typical right-wing bullshit emails and I told her to stop.

That cost me more money than 99% of Americans will see in their lifetimes and I have lost no sleep over it. Bullshit.  

A raving moonbat for over three decades?  The Texas Angela Davis?

and .......*poof* ....... instant Conservative?    :bouncy:

:II:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:10:28 AM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 07:07:45 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023931256#post12

Wonder what she'd think about her daughter's post?
 :rotf:
"a mental faculties test"

left her a dollar  :rotf:

Choice darn it Choice------is changing a preference a need for a mental faculties test ?

How about if a parent decides to become a Muslim, Jewish, Catholic, or Southern Baptist ?      

I am sure by the end of WW2 there were many German civilians cursing their past choice of Government.    

How many Liberals now over night become Conservatives when they realize that the country has with their help gone to Hell in a hand basket?

Few mention the Transgendered that now lament their decision to live as some other sex.  

We have choices that we can control--   Want to change out eye color, buy contacts, want to be taller, buy shoe lifts, change hair color or buy a wig.    Hate that pasty white skin, go to a tanning booth, Whole body shave if one needs it.    

What we cannot control ourselves is our DNA, or the personality's of the children we give birth to, we are all different.  

The one dollar rule is or was a tradition up here North of everywhere.  Parents left just one dollar to all living relatives and  the bulk of the Estate if there was one to a couple family members to dole out to the rest of the family as they saw fit.    [ A good incentive to not knock off family members to get an inheritance.]

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 07:16:32 AM »

The way it usually works is that the DUmmie lanmenting their conservative family is the one lone moonbaty in the group that everyone else cringes over when they find out he/she is coming for a family get tothether.

In otherwords this destroyed relationship was strictly self inflicted.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2013, 07:18:57 AM »
A raving moonbat for over three decades?  The Texas Angela Davis?

and .......*poof* ....... instant Conservative?    :bouncy:

:II:

So, the new and improved TomInTib was engaged in a battle of wills with his mother's husband for her mind and soul.

Hollis moved away, and his mother, who was the strongest-willed liberal anarchist in that Texas town, was turned from her bedrock liberalism by (gasp) her husband...

I can't go on. It hurts my head.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 07:22:29 AM »
The way it usually works is that the DUmmie lanmenting their conservative family is the one lone moonbaty in the group that everyone else cringes over when they find out he/she is coming for a family get tothether.

In otherwords this destroyed relationship was strictly self inflicted.

First hand experience in my family.  My hard core liberal bro recently put out a plea on facebook for people to sign up for Obamacare because it will "probably" save them alot of money.  the rest of the family had a good laugh at his expense.  Same goes for his poor understanding of basic economics and advocating for public transport.  the most tragic thing about it all is that he somehow talked the two youngest brothers into getting crap International Studies degrees that have zero use in the real world. They're suffering for it now.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 10:04:35 AM »
First hand experience in my family.  My hard core liberal bro recently put out a plea on facebook for people to sign up for Obamacare because it will "probably" save them alot of money.  the rest of the family had a good laugh at his expense.  Same goes for his poor understanding of basic economics and advocating for public transport.  the most tragic thing about it all is that he somehow talked the two youngest brothers into getting crap International Studies degrees that have zero use in the real world. They're suffering for it now.

I've heard there are some great opportunities in the waste management field they might look into.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 10:34:24 AM »
I've heard there are some great opportunities in the waste management field they might look into.

The one is looking into something with the forestry service.  Kind of makes sense though, probably better luck finding somebody to hire you if you're waving your degree around out in the forest rather than in a business setting.  They entertain themselves speaking Russian and trying to act intelligent at family get togethers which is mildly amusing for less than 5 minutes.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 06:13:35 PM »
They entertain themselves speaking Russian and trying to act intelligent at family get togethers which is mildly amusing for less than 5 minutes.

Putting them on even footing with 5 year old Russian kids.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 06:17:55 PM »

Many DUmmies have some deep issues with family relationships. They seem to gravitate towards an angry ideology as they are angry and bitter to begin with.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 06:18:17 PM »
I am a driver/operator of one of the RNC mobile brainwashing units. Each unit is marked thusly:

Unmarked Secret RNC Mobile Brainwashing Unit
Free Brainwashing for Liberals, Progressives, Democrats, and Marxists

It's the word, "free" that gets them in the chair.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey