Author Topic: DUmmy "Bluzmann57"'s bouncy  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

DUmmy "Bluzmann57"'s bouncy
« on: October 08, 2013, 06:38:18 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023810488

OMG, the GOP must be in its death throes:

Tue Oct 8, 2013, 06:47 PM

Bluzmann57 (11,710 posts)

My neighbor is furious.

Her two sons have both attended a local preschool/daycare a few blocks from here and they have always paid as much as they could but had help from Head Start among other agencies. Now the school told her that her youngest son, who is 4, may not be able to attend the school until either Head Start gets funded or they can pay the full amount due. This area is a simple working class neighborhood and these people are no exception. They both work so that the kids can have clothes, food, and other necessities. They also both work the same shift so daycare is an absolute necessity.
 She told me that she will NEVER vote republican again because of this. And her parents and mother in law are all life long repubs. Her husband told me the same thing. Now in the interest of fairness, they told me that the grandparents can take care of the kid but only on a limited basis since they also work. So I guess all one can say is "Way to go Boehner and co!" Keep up the great work. You will be history sooner than later at this pace. Maybe these kids and my kid can read about the repukes in their history books in high school.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: DUmmy "Bluzmann57"'s bouncy
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 06:41:16 PM »
At least this DUmmy calls Head Start what it really is - taxpayer funded daycare.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 06:54:46 PM »
Maybe these kids and my kid can read about the repukes in their history books in high school.

You mean how Republicans ended slavery and voted for civil rights in the face of Democrat terrorism including lynchings of blacks and whites who tried to vote other than Democrat? Shouldn't they be able to read about that in history books today?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 07:05:45 PM »
Welcome to 0bamaland, DUmmies! He and he alone chooses what to close and what to be left open. He chose to leave his precious golf course open and to open the mall for the illegal immigrant rally today, while chosing to keep old men in wheel chairs from seeing their monument.

The Republicans have sent bill after bill to the senate to fund various parts of the government. Harry Reid refuses to even bring them to the floor and 0bama promised to veto them. I understand that they say the don't want to sign "piece meal" bills but you'd think they'd at least have enough compassion to sign the NIH so children could get cancer treatment and the one providing funds for veterans at least. It would go a long way towards showing the compassion towards others you all like to pretend you have.

Oh, and since are more important than human beings, you might consider that you guys are losing the battle. People see right through you. And you might want to consider the more this goes on with the daily failures of 0bamacare, the Republican proposal to shelve it for a year make's a lot of sense. Keep in mind, the majority don't want this debacle and never have.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Dori

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 07:10:13 PM »
I suppose I should be sympathetic, but I have a hard time feeling sorry for people who have kids and then can't afford to take care of them without depending on the government.

I can't help but think of all our prior generations that had huge families and no hand outs or expectations that the nanny state would step in and help them.

Something has gone terribly wrong in America.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 07:37:23 PM »
I suppose I should be sympathetic, but I have a hard time feeling sorry for people who have kids and then can't afford to take care of them without depending on the government.

I can't help but think of all our prior generations that had huge families and no hand outs or expectations that the nanny state would step in and help them.

You can't know the particulars of any situation. My sister was recently divorce (won't go into the gory details but it was pretty horrible) and didn't think she'd ever be in this position either but she has six kids ranging in age from 6 to 19 (the 19 year old still lives at home until he's done with his fire training at the community college and starts working). Her whole life she's been a homeschooling mom. The narcissistic asshole she married has done everything he can to make her suffer. He's intimidating enough that she was afraid to do anything but accept his terms. She couldn't afford her own lawyer and he hired the best law firm in the state. She (was) pretty naive, has no marketable skill to speak of. He owns his own business has managed to hide almost all his income so it looks like he only makes $35,000 a year.

She gets $100 a month for each kid (he has to pay for my 19 year old nephew until he's out of school) and $200 in spousal support. So far, he's missed that last two months of child support and even though he's supposed to send it to child services and they send it to my sister, they've got such a huge caseload that they won't get involved until he misses several months. Trying to provide for 6 kids on $800 a month his difficult. She has a part time job at a goat dairy farm and can occasionally give a private lesson at the dojo she used to attend.

She doesn't have anything extra like cable, except for Internet because one of her children does high school over the Internet. She struggles and needs the extra time and help my sister can give her one-on-one. She gets food stamps and medical & dental insurance through the low income health plan in our state. She didn't want nor ask for cash and housing assistance. However, she may have to accept the latter because her ex has decided to let the bank foreclose on the house. She never expected to be in this situation, either. It's not always so cut and dried. Were there not this safety net, I don't know what she would've done. We help her as much as we can, but everyone I know is struggling now.

Cindie
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 07:40:33 PM by delilahmused »
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 10:52:37 PM »
At least this DUmmy calls Head Start what it really is - taxpayer funded daycare.

Helps all the welfare queens not miss any daytime game shows or soap operas.

Nice catch.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 11:09:30 PM »

Interesting how these stories always seem to come about 18 hours after a news story or another thread on DU...
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 05:55:46 AM »

Interesting how these stories always seem to come about 18 hours after a news story or another thread on DU...

Of course, that's because original thoughts are banned from DUmmie Land.   :rotf:
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 08:44:46 AM »
I don't know if anybody else has the MS page come up automatically when you get on the internets, but there's a big headline today.  "Republicans get the blame in Shutdown."   Well, I went ahead and read the article.  The headline should have read "Obama Approval at Record Low 37%." 

37%!  I'd never seen that before. 

There was also plenty of blame placed on the democrats heads. 

Indeed, anyone making headlines in the dispute has earned poor marks for his or her trouble, whether it's Democrat Harry Reid, the Senate majority leader; or Republican John Boehner, the House speaker

As a matter of fact, 49% blamed Obama, more than the Tea Party got. 

Nice headline writing, MSNBC.  Tools. 

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 09:17:56 AM »
Remember how we said if you rely on the government for everything there will come a day when you will realize how enslaved you are to the government?

Do you ****ing idiot retard dipshits believe us now?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 09:43:20 AM »

Exhibit 1

Exhibit 2

We can survive the rest.  These two were traitors, pure and simple.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 09:45:42 AM »

mm... hmmm.   :II:

My thoughts, exactly.  :hi5:

Remember how we said if you rely on the government for everything there will come a day when you will realize how enslaved you are to the government?

Do you ****ing idiot retard dipshits believe us now?

No.  The alluring addiction of fReEsH!!teLeBinTY!!!!!!!! is too powerful for most.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:48:06 AM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx