Author Topic: Retread DUmmy "GravityCollapse" wants a book back from his ex-girlfriend  (Read 2804 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018451036

Tue Aug 6, 2013, 12:37 AM

Gravitycollapse (2,660 posts)

An update on the ex who won't give me my stuff back...

Last edited Tue Aug 6, 2013, 12:39 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

After not hearing from her for a day, I texted her asking if she planned on responding or was just going to ignore me. She told me she was at work.

I waited another 24 hours. I texted her again asking about my stuff. She texted me back asking how "pressing" it was that I got my stuff back.

"First off, it doesn't matter how pressing it is. It is my stuff. I don't need an excuse to have it back. Second, it is very pressing as the book is very dear to me. I could care less about the shirt. But I want the book. It was on the dresser next to your bed last I saw."

Waited about 6 hours and there was no response. I finally texted her

"Listen, you have a very real opportunity here to keep this civil. I'm leaving this ball in your court. I am kindly requesting that you allow me to retrieve my book. I have your shirt and commemorative plate. I will leave both of those things with your key on the front porch. All you have to do is leave the book on the porch and let me know when I should stop by."

About 10 minutes later she responded with "I'll look for it tomorrow and let you know."

After almost a day, I asked again if she had found the book. She said she had not.

It has now been an additional day and still no response.

I'm not entirely certain what to do now. I had a brief inspiration to simply let myself into her house when she is away and get the book myself. But I came to the conclusion that this may end up like an episode of Cops.

I hope she never gives it back.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
There's a lot of things I left at old girlfriends houses when I was dating many moons ago, but books and commemorative plates were never on the menu. Clothing, yeah.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
I had a brief inspiration to simply let myself into her house when she is away and get the book myself. But I came to the conclusion that this may end up like an episode of Cops.

Please do it, DUmmy!  I want to hear the aftermath.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
Who gives a shit about James Baldwin? She can tear the pages out and use them to wipe her butt.
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline Mr Mannn

Clue to DUmmy: Buy a new Book. Just let this one go.
I'm thinking Gravity is playing the game, "Find excuses to keep talking to my Ex."

Knowing its so dear to you, she may well have thrown it away.
I'm thinking she is playing the game of, "Keep a Dummy in Suspense."

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
I hope she washed his bong with anti-freeze.  :-)
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Who gives a shit about James Baldwin? She can tear the pages out and use them to wipe her butt.

Out of curiosity, I nadin'ed James Baldwin, mostly because I'd never heard of him. :puke: a hack only a DUmbshit could love.  Me thinks the "professor" that gave him the book was really the DUmmy's pitcher.

YEEEEESH...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Clue to DUmmy: Buy a new Book. Just let this one go.
I'm thinking Gravity is playing the game, "Find excuses to keep talking to my Ex."

Knowing its so dear to you, she may well have thrown it away.
I'm thinking she is playing the game of, "Keep a Dummy in Suspense."

She probably also knows that the DUmmie is a DUmmie and might not take kindly to it airing this laundry on the island.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
It might help if the primitive named the title of the book, and explained a little why it's so important to him (after all, books are just paper and cloth), after which we could decide whether or not to feel sorry for him.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
Sounds like the ex-girlfriend may well have cause for a restraining order to prevent stalking if this goes on much longer.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Retread DUmmy "GravityCollapse" wants a book back from his ex-girlfriend
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 06:31:07 PM »
Sounds like the ex-girlfriend may well have cause for a restraining order to prevent stalking if this goes on much longer.

You're onto something, milady. :cheersmate:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 07:06:32 PM »
Typical whining, bitching primitive over something so insignificant in the whole scheme of life in general.  Hey DUmbass, go to the used bookstore and get another one for a dollar.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 07:29:52 PM »
It might help if the primitive named the title of the book, and explained a little why it's so important to him (after all, books are just paper and cloth), after which we could decide whether or not to feel sorry for him.

Probably Dreams From My Father by the Incompetent In Chief.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 08:05:14 PM »
Get it on Kindle.

Then you can download it to all your electronic devices.

Offline Dori

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 08:34:00 PM »

My thoughts also

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Delmar

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 09:05:42 PM »
I hope that she's stalling until she has the opportunity to wipe her ass or smear a booger on every single page before she gives it back to him.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 09:09:28 PM »
I hope that she's stalling until she has the opportunity to wipe her ass or smear a booger on every single page before she gives it back to him.
:rofl: This is waaay off topic, but when I worked for Hewlett Packard and we got laptops back with vomit or other body fluids on them, they were dropped into a bag labeled 'Biohazard' and returned to the customer.  I had one that had been vomited on... it was pretty bad.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 09:42:51 PM »

She probably already changed the locks, so is in no big hurry to get the key that he's going to leave on her porch.

Only a DUmmie would suggest leaving a house key on the front porch.

Offline Karin

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 10:01:07 AM »
^^ Good point, Chica.  What got me was he provided everyone with an "update" as if hordes were waiting around in suspense on how the drama was going.  Nobody cares, douchebag.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 10:11:42 AM »
^^ Good point, Chica.  What got me was he provided everyone with an "update" as if hordes were waiting around in suspense on how the drama was going.  Nobody cares, douchebag.

Look at me...Look at me.  I'm a passive aggressive punk who's ex-girlfriend is making me her sissy bitch.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 01:13:46 PM »
If you can't give her an orgasm you should at least give her a book.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2013, 01:16:22 PM »
a book and plate?  really?  that's all that they had between them?   :lmao:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2013, 01:29:01 PM »
a book and plate?  really?  that's all that they had between them?   :lmao:

Seriously right? And she must really loathe him to keep avoiding him like that over a couple items. My ex husband and I still have things we mutually own and pass back and forth for our homes(tools). I can't imagine quibbling over a book or someone being unwilling to see someone to not give it back. I'd bet that's what it is when he suggested dropping it on the porch.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2013, 02:17:08 PM »
Please do it, DUmmy!  I want to hear the aftermath.

We all know the cops are in the bushes waiting for him to use the key!

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2013, 02:22:27 PM »
Seriously right? And she must really loathe him to keep avoiding him like that over a couple items. My ex husband and I still have things we mutually own and pass back and forth for our homes(tools). I can't imagine quibbling over a book or someone being unwilling to see someone to not give it back. I'd bet that's what it is when he suggested dropping it on the porch.

When dealing with DUmmies it would be best to give the book back in person with a witness. His ex is at work, the Dummy is not....I am sure she has more pressing things to deal with, I am sure he will get his book back...what a DUmbass Dummy.