Author Topic: Don't forget the alphabet queers, er faggots. No that ain't right either.  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9301869

lightningandsnow  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Tue Oct-12-10 02:06 PM
Original message
It's LGBTQI, not just Gay.

Edited on Tue Oct-12-10 02:09 PM by lightningandsnow
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender/Transsexual, Queer/Questioning and Intersex.

If you're going to be an ally, be an ally to all of us. That includes acknowledging all of us first.

What's Intersex?

uppityperson  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Tue Oct-12-10 02:09 PM
Response to Original message
4. Question, I haven't heard the Queer/Questioning before. What is this?

I don't want to assume but am thinking the Questioning is being unsure, or being open to whatever. Not sure and would like to find out. What is the "queer" bit as that has been a slur word.

Thank you.

Cool. Now we can call em queers without fear of banishment.

whopis01  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Tue Oct-12-10 11:24 PM
Response to Reply #24
32. I am queer and proud to be queer.

**** what anyone else thinks about this word. It is what I choose to apply to myself.

undergroundpanther  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Tue Oct-12-10 08:09 PM
Response to Reply #12
22. transgender,asexuals and fur

like,meow? I'm with y'all 100% I include asexuals and furries ..Adding gbltqi + an "af " in the mix too.It's a rainbow even if human eyes don't recognize infrared and gamma rays and xrays as colored light yet. The truth is,it's a spectrum that goes farther than the visible and recognized colors..

Back to the cage.

snooper2  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Wed Oct-13-10 10:43 AM
Response to Reply #22
48. furries get their own letter?

Edited on Wed Oct-13-10 10:48 AM by snooper2
Is it different if a male and female furry have sex vs. two male furries?

Or is it all just furry love? I know furries are actually becoming one with their furryness inside...so really if it's lion on chipmunk that would be interspecies sex. I don't know if there is a single word for interspecies sex. One search I did showed up bestiality but dictionary.com states specifically human on animal.

Maybe just add an I for interspecies or do we keep a F for furry? Interspecies sounds a little more "formal"...

ON EDIT: corrected spelling of "chipmunk" as I had transposed the p and m

There isn't enough letters in the alphabet to cover this category of DUmbass.

ZombieHorde  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Tue Oct-12-10 02:32 PM
13. Your point is spot on, but LGBTQI looks like a Lovecraftian God.

Unfortunately, marketing is important. I hope a simpler way is created to say, "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender/Transsexual, Queer/Questioning and Intersex."

How about RIP?

Mimosa  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Tue Oct-12-10 08:56 PM
Response to Reply #20
25. Same here.

Wouldn't use F for fag, either.

guardian  (806 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Wed Oct-13-10 09:47 AM
41. LGBTQI WTF?

Edited on Wed Oct-13-10 09:59 AM by guardian
Can we stop adding new 'letters' every year and just decide on something and stick with it? Every time I turn around there is a 'new' term being used. At this rate it will be LGBTQIZWYOTEQPOIJADSGFLASDFAZMNZBCXVB in few years.

Tell me honestly, how does it help your cause when you keep changing your brand name? Find a term you like and then STICK WITH IT! You want people focusing on the GOALS of your cause, not trying to figure out what the **** you are talking about!

How popular would Toyota be if every year they changed their name? First Toyota, then Toy, then OTA, then NipponCars, then PacificRimAuto, then TYTA, etc.

:lmao:

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
guardian  (806 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Wed Oct-13-10 09:47 AM
41. LGBTQI WTF?

Can we stop adding new 'letters' every year and just decide on something and stick with it?

I've always just used "****in' pervert"! It's always easy to remember!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
HEY!  What the hell do you pillow biting rump rangers wanna be called THIS week?

At least have the courtesy to put the request in at least a week in advance so we can mark the calendars up properly, ya pickle puffing turd tapping knob gobbling poofs!

Semi O/T--know what a dick smoker calls hemorrhoids?  SPEED BUMPS!

Thank you, I'll be here all week.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
I remembered that this was discussed before:

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,47862.0/
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jukin

Sooooo fudge packer, rump ranger, and dirt poker are out???
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
I love this one. 

snooper2  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Wed Oct-13-10 10:43 AM
Response to Reply #22
48. furries get their own letter?

Edited on Wed Oct-13-10 10:48 AM by snooper2
Is it different if a male and female furry have sex vs. two male furries?

Or is it all just furry love? I know furries are actually becoming one with their furryness inside...so really if it's lion on chipmunk that would be interspecies sex. I don't know if there is a single word for interspecies sex. One search I did showed up bestiality but dictionary.com states specifically human on animal.

Maybe just add an I for interspecies or do we keep a F for furry? Interspecies sounds a little more "formal"...

ON EDIT: corrected spelling of "chipmunk" as I had transposed the p and m

Wouldn't  it simply be better to call yourself a Non-Heterosexual?
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline AllosaursRus

Yep! It's also not kosher to use......asshole bandit, baloney bopper, or carpet muncher!

Offline Tucker

There's still butt plugger, pole smoker and corn holer.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Tucker

I remembered that this was discussed before:

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,47862.0/

But the Panther made its appearance in this one to discuss raw animal sex. Just imagine a red, yellow, purple, green, pink haired Panther with damaged liver spots. The hide come with several rings for easy hanging.

Offline AllosaursRus

But the Panther made its appearance in this one to discuss raw animal sex. Just imagine a red, yellow, purple, green, pink haired Panther with damaged liver spots. The hide come with several rings for easy hanging.

Oh gee thanks, asshole!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: Don't forget the alphabet queers, er faggots. No that ain't right either.
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 12:55:07 PM »
guardian  (806 posts) 
Wed Oct-13-10 09:47 AM
41. LGBTQI WTF?

Can we stop adding new 'letters' every year and just decide on something and stick with it? Every time I turn around there is a 'new' term being used. At this rate it will be LGBTQIZWYOTEQPOIJADSGFLASDFAZMNZBCXVB in few years.

Tell me honestly, how does it help your cause when you keep changing your brand name? Find a term you like and then STICK WITH IT! You want people focusing on the GOALS of your cause, not trying to figure out what the **** you are talking about!

How popular would Toyota be if every year they changed their name? First Toyota, then Toy, then OTA, then NipponCars, then PacificRimAuto, then TYTA, etc.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline true_blood

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 12:56:44 PM »
lightningandsnow  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Tue Oct-12-10 02:06 PM
Original message
It's LGBTQI, not just Gay.

Edited on Tue Oct-12-10 02:09 PM by lightningandsnow
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender/Transsexual, Queer/Questioning and Intersex.

If you're going to be an ally, be an ally to all of us. That includes acknowledging all of us first.
What's next teh ghey?!? Intersex?!?! HA HA! Is that like having sex while being on the interstate?! C'mon already with this bull crap! :censored:

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 12:59:46 PM »
guardian  (806 posts)
Wed Oct-13-10 09:56 AM
Response to Reply #36
43. You're right ... it IS hard to keep up.

You're wrong...it is NOT cool. It dilutes the message and causes people to focus on trying to figure out the acronym instead of focusing on the goal of equal rights.

You are just shooting yourselves in the foot by all this name changing, and switching the 'L' before the 'G'. What horseshit. Focus on what is important not this schoolroom bullshit.

guardian  (806 posts)
Wed Oct-13-10 11:04 AM
Response to Reply #45
50. Laugh all you want

Edited on Wed Oct-13-10 11:14 AM by guardian
You are just ignoring reality. 90% of the replies in this very thread show confusion over the acronym. Here is a sampling of what others wrote:

* I haven't heard the Queer/Questioning before. What is this?
* What is the "queer" bit as that has been a slur word.
* Queer came back at the height or before of the HIV epidemic.
* I'm not so sure I'm fond of being boxed in by letters.
* I gotta chuckle a little ... you had to go back and edit because your letter string was shy one letter.
* The unwieldiness of the shorthand of inclusion.
* what about asexuals?
* LGBTQI looks like a Lovecraftian God. marketing is important. I hope a simpler way is created
* I know a lot of older LGBTQI folks don't like the term "queer".
* It appears to be an unwieldy attempt to be accurate and inclusive that just makes weaker supporters say "**** it".
* I won't be using the Q initial
* Actually, the G goes before the L
* it's sometimes hard to keep up
* What is Intersex?
* I'm not going to try to remember that ridiculous combination of letters
* Come up with something snappier and more memorable
* How is the Q not already contained within LGBT?
* an ever-lengthening string of unpronounceable characters.

And these are your SUPPORTERS who agree with you and follow the movement! If this is the reaction from supporters how do you think this plays with people who don't follow the movement?

Wake up and smell what you are shoveling. A ridiculous marketing term has the tendency to make people think the product is equally ridiculous. You are hurting yourself.

Changing the name for the same thing every few years is S.T.U.P.I.D. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cid_B  (1000+ posts)
Wed Oct-13-10 01:48 PM
Response to Reply #49
53. LGBTIQRLHRNQQQQ*smileyface*
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 01:06:10 PM »
OMGawd! They're havin' a meltdown over one of their pet projects!

Will wonders never cease!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

........and they wonder why we follow the idiocy that is the DUmp???????

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 01:11:28 PM »
whopis01  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Tue Oct-12-10 11:24 PM
Response to Reply #24
32. I am queer and proud to be queer.

**** what anyone else thinks about this word. It is what I choose to apply to myself.

Whatever you say, faggot.  Now, shut the **** up and get me a beer.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 02:24:58 PM »
How about "O" for other?
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 12:59:08 AM »
I love this one. 

Wouldn't  it simply be better to call yourself a Non-Heterosexual?
How `bout we just have a hunting season of 11 months, 3 weeks, 6 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds on the sexually dysfunctional immoral freaks and be done with it?
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 02:27:24 AM »
At least Turd Burglar is still usable.
They keep adding letters, they should have stuck with the original, :loser:.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 03:00:04 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex
Can you say exceptionally rare? Like getting struck by lighting, while hitting a hole in one, with a putter, on the 6th wednesday of the month?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 05:46:39 AM »
guardian  (806 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Wed Oct-13-10 09:47 AM
41. LGBTQI WTF?

I wonder if guardian believes in the greenhouse effect global warming global climate change global climate disruption and if they consider themselves to be a liberal progressive.

Dude,here is a little clue for you...all your ilk can do is try to rename and reframe all you stand for because if you are honest and open about everything your beliefs get relegated to the laughing stock bin of history.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 05:48:57 AM by Carl »

Offline Tucker

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 06:16:37 AM »
How `bout we just have a hunting season of 11 months, 3 weeks, 6 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds on the sexually dysfunctional immoral freaks and be done with it?

Feb. 29th is set aside for them to change their ways and ask for forgiveness.

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2010, 07:12:36 AM »
A rose queer by any other name is still a rose queer.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2010, 07:13:33 AM »
What's next teh ghey?!? Intersex?!?! HA HA! Is that like having sex while being on the interstate?! C'mon already with this bull crap! :censored:

BTDT... :cheers1:
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2010, 10:28:16 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex
Can you say exceptionally rare? Like getting struck by lighting, while hitting a hole in one, with a putter, on the 6th wednesday of the month?

I'm sure people born with such conditions would object to being lumped in with freaks.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2010, 10:44:26 AM »
I'm sure people born with such conditions would object to being lumped in with freaks.

Well, ya gotta admit there was certainly somethin' "queer" in their gene pool!!!!!!!!

I thought DUmmies were into Darwinism? Is this survival of the fittest?