Author Topic: job no solution for bobbling primitive  (Read 2916 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
job no solution for bobbling primitive
« on: February 10, 2009, 03:25:30 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=230x4237

Oh my.

Waiting For Everyman  (1000+ posts)        Fri Feb-06-09 01:07 PM
Original message

What does the Povery Forum think about this idea?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

I went to the link, to see what it's about.

Waiting For Everyman  (1000+ posts)        Fri Feb-06-09 12:44 PM
Original message

A WPA-type program I'd like to see done right now to employ IT-ers.

We need to create a big government database of information, quickly...

We should be more active about helping people find jobs and relief services. I'd like to see a "clearinghouse" of information set up among all the levels of government - federal, state, local - as to job openings within the government and government-contracted jobs. (Private employers could be included too later.) That way, the state job banks could direct people better, and triage help to people who are really in imminent trouble. Also, those who have particular roadblocks to employment could get more targeted and customized help - such as the homeless for instance.

There should also be a clearinghouse of government services, which does not exist currently - I find that unbelievable. First it could be any and all government services that are available, and then to include private ones such as charities too. Even community action workers and social services employees don't know everything that's available in their own locale, much less individuals themselves who are in need, knowing where to turn for what. As it is, it takes a lot of research on the phone to find help that is needed - I can't imagine how people do it, who aren't used to that, or suited to it. People could be qualified for ANY and all assistance programs with one application. That pooled information then could show where there are holes in safety net programs and additional funding is needed.

I think our government should be more organized and coordinated about human services, programs, and benefits than it is. A lot is available but nobody knows all of it. And I think that would be a very useful way to employ a lot of very sharp IT people to help all of us.

I asked back in the '80s, when my husband first applied for VA benefits, why there was not a clearinghouse of such services, and nothing has been done on this ever since. We were not told until several years later that he qualified for very significant benefits which we knew nothing about and never would've, if it weren't for "word of mouth" from other vets. Even VA employees for instance, know almost NOTHING about the special exceptions and benefits available to 100% disabled vets because there are so few of them. All of that could be incorporated into software, to know instantly.

I think this is just the right time to do this. It should've been done long, long ago. With so many people needing help now for the first time, who know nothing about what's out there, this could be a really important thing to have in place as soon as possible.

Then I came back here, where only the bobbling primitive showed up at the bonfire:

bobbolink  (1000+ posts)        Fri Feb-06-09 01:10 PM
Response to Original message

1. What difference does it make what I think?

I've tried to get through to all of you that JOBS isn't the only answer.

Some of us can't work, and it seems to be your opinion that if we can't work we're only suited for the trash heap.

I'm so sick of all of this I could scream!

There was FINALLY a bill that addressed those of us in this predicament, and yet, we're told to ask our congresscritters to vote AGAINST it!!!!

When you FINALLY can see that SOME of us are falling off the edge and are invisible, then maybe what we say will count.

Until then..... we can just hurl ourselves off a ****ing cliff.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: job no solution for bobbling primitive
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 03:31:24 PM »

Some of us can't work, and it seems to be your opinion that if we can't work we're only suited for the trash heap.

There was FINALLY a bill that addressed those of us in this predicament, and yet, we're told to ask our congresscritters to vote AGAINST it!!!!

When you FINALLY can see that SOME of us are falling off the edge and are invisible, then maybe what we say will count.

Get a job; sit on your lazy ass with Subway Kitty; hurl yourself off a cliff.  Whatever you're going to do, please get on with it... QUIETLY...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 04:12:47 PM »
I sometimes wonder if the bobbling primitive isn't a very clever mole.  :evillaugh:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 04:33:56 PM »
I sometimes wonder if the bobbling primitive isn't a very clever mole.  :evillaugh:

Oh . . . do you know something that we don't?

As for the three options listed by D6, I'll go for Door #3 . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 04:38:55 PM »

Jesus Wept, WOULD you already?!  At least then we wouldn't have to put up with your layabout whining and bitching all the time.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 04:40:52 PM »

Some of us can't work,

If you can type, you can work.  

jobster.com: typing jobs (47,232 jobs)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 04:41:54 PM »
Oh . . . do you know something that we don't?

As for the three options listed by D6, I'll go for Door #3 . . .

Nope, no insider information about the bobbling one, just a feeling. She/he/it rants at any and all over there, but hides behind the pity of being homeless. Seems like a good cover for slamming on people.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 04:55:44 PM »
Nope, no insider information about the bobbling one, just a feeling. She/he/it rants at any and all over there, but hides behind the pity of being homeless. Seems like a good cover for slamming on people.

As much as I'd like your premise to be true, I have to defer to the Coach on this one.

What say you, sir?

PS--asdf, H5.  I fully agree with your sentiment . . . and damn near blew Saranac India Brown Ale onto my monitor.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 04:57:28 PM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 05:01:28 PM »

PS--asdf, H5.  I fully agree with your sentiment . . . and damn near blew Saranac India Brown Ale onto my monitor.

I H5'ed the arts and crafts director as well.  He was saying about what I was trying to get out, without having to stumble around.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 05:02:23 PM »
Waiting For Everyman  (1000+ posts)        Fri Feb-06-09 12:44 PM
Original message

We need to create a big government database of information, quickly...

I stopped reading at this point.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 08:39:29 AM »
Jesus Wept, WOULD you already?!  At least then we wouldn't have to put up with your layabout whining and bitching all the time.
Don't be ridiculous! She's far too poor to throw herself off a cliff! :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 09:29:06 AM »
If the DUchebag really cared about humanity it would kill itself.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Karin

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 09:53:50 AM »
I can't remember where I saw it, but on TV, there was some lefty being interviewed, (maybe running for office), and she said we had to give special consideration to "the work-averse."  The interviewer made her repeat it.  Yes, she said, some people just don't want to work.  They need consideration, too.   ::)

Offline MarshallLaw

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 11:31:04 AM »
Don't be ridiculous! She's far too poor to throw herself off a cliff! :-)

Maybe we could have a WPA style program to hire people to throw her off the cliff.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 11:46:21 AM »

Listen you stupid twat without jobs...TAXPAYERS...there are NO fricken funds to pay those of you who are too busy making a career out of whining to be productive. Just what purpose do you serve anyway?

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 11:57:09 AM »

Maybe we could have a WPA style program to hire people to throw her off the cliff.

Where do I sign up?  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Chase her.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 12:19:13 PM »

I'll volunteer! Every time I read her crap I get a feeling of wanting to push her closer!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 01:04:38 PM »

H5, I've said this before also. She gets away with a ton of stuff that would
get others banned. It would be hilarious if she ended up a mole.  :uhsure: :-) :-)