Author Topic: DUmmy Wants To Smudge Evil Spirits From Home  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Dori

DUmmy Wants To Smudge Evil Spirits From Home
« on: February 24, 2014, 12:14:30 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018579257

barnabas63 (1,196 posts)

Going to smudge the house with sage...anyone do this before?

Just curious. I've heard people say over and over that this is a good way to cleanse the house. Anyone do this before?

blueamy66 (5,982 posts)

1. I haven't done it but have been in a house where it was done.

Stinks to high heaven. I threw up.

barnabas63 (1,196 posts)

2. ..ooh....

I didn't know that.. 
Maybe I'll think about this first.

a la izquierda (8,491 posts)

3. I do it to every place I move into before I spend one night.

It's fine. Get good quality sage and it doesn't smell bad. Open the windows if you want (you might set off the smoke detectors anyway if you don't).
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Karin

Re: DUmmy Wants To Smudge Evil Spirits From Home
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 12:18:56 PM »
They tried that on the first American Horror Story, the one with the ghosts, and ya know, it didn't really work out for them all that well. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 12:26:09 PM »
I thought this was going to be a re-post from 2005. :rofl:

Your house is already smudgy, DUmmy.  Try cleaning it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 12:35:22 PM »
I thought this was going to be a re-post from 2005. :rofl:

Your house is already smudgy, DUmmy.  Try cleaning it.

I didn't know that this was a La Lioness Pryanka thread.  She of the dirtiest apartment of all time, and always seems to post pictures of it.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 12:55:54 PM »
When I want to cleanse my house:

Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline SarasotaRepub

• eeeeeeevil ReThug
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 01:30:29 PM »
God what a bunch of retards... :whatever:
Vader Rules!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 01:50:05 PM »
Soak a bunch of rags in used motor oil and kerosene.  Sprinkle liberally throughout the house.  Get everyone out, toss in a lit match, and poof!  You get smudges that the whole neighborhood will see! :fuelfire: :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 03:49:26 PM »
Parsley sage rosemary and thyme can overpower incense and patchouli, in the year of the cat at the scarborough fair.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 04:13:20 PM »
Parsley sage rosemary and thyme can overpower incense and patchouli, in the year of the cat at the scarborough fair.
Damn your earworm. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXzpY4uI48U
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 04:56:25 PM »
Some say smudging a house with sage drives out evil. All of the homeless Occupy members had houses until they smudged them with sage.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 04:59:14 PM »
And these are the same people who look down their noses at Christians and Jews.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 05:08:45 PM »
Oh good grief.
They're back to the herbs in the tepee kick again.  :banghead:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 05:10:03 PM »
And these are the same people who look down their noses at Christians and Jews.

My exact thought.  I'm certain that every person on that thread would laugh at the idea of a Christian having their house blessed. 

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 05:10:58 PM »
ANYTHING to avoid soap. 

Offline Purple Sage

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 08:43:00 PM »
I have an in-law that made/still makes a killing "cleansing" these morons.  She beats them with some kind of branch with leaves, then rolls an egg over their body "soaking up the evil".  She has a few candles and some incense burning while she chants some silly tripe at them.  The DUmmies leave thinking they're "purified."  She laughs all the way to the bank.

:mental:   ::)
I've known some pathological liars in my time, but 0 takes the prize.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 08:44:30 PM »
I have an in-law that made/still makes a killing "cleansing" these morons.  She beats them with some kind of branch with leaves, then rolls an egg over their body "soaking up the evil".  She has a few candles and some incense burning while she chants some silly tripe at them.  The DUmmies leave thinking they're "purified."  She laughs all the way to the bank.

:rofl:

I'm sorry.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 09:13:22 PM »

Beating up and abusing libs, and they appreciate it and remunerate ? Sign me up !
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Purple Sage

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 11:36:29 PM »

I was horrified for years. Now I can see the humor in it.
I've known some pathological liars in my time, but 0 takes the prize.

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 03:54:56 AM »
They all do this! Remember I work in their houses! It reeks! It makes me a little sick to my stomach. Maybe I am the evil they are trying to get rid of?
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 09:58:42 AM »
My exact thought.  I'm certain that every person on that thread would laugh at the idea of a Christian having their house blessed. 

Not so Celtic,   Catholics have their homes blesses , Priests come in and do their job of  blessing the home and  the ones living in in it  being protected. Catholics are the building blocks of Christianity.     

Buddhists also bless a home and so the  many other religions on the earth.   Don't be so closed minded.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 10:01:26 AM »
Not so Celtic,   Catholics have their homes blesses , Priests come in and do their job of  blessing the home and  the ones living in in it  being protected. Catholics are the building blocks of Christianity.    

Buddhists also bless a home and so the  many other religions on the earth.   Don't be so closed minded.

Did you read what I posted at all?  It was two short sentences so it shouldn't have been that hard to understand. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 11:42:07 AM »
Did you read what I posted at all?  It was two short sentences so it shouldn't have been that hard to understand. 

Vesta, obviously you didn't read what CR wrote.  I'm taking that H5 back.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 12:16:42 PM »
One of the worst cases of reading comprehension fail I've seen.   ::)

Offline Dori

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 10:33:23 AM »

magical thyme (6,586 posts)

15. my house and my entire farm. long story ensues...

I smudged my farmhouse right when I moved in, but it wasn't until after the excavator's dump truck piston fell through the cab, and he swore he must have disturbed an Indian grave   :stoner:  or something, plus a bunch of other freaky stuff happened,  :orly: that I decided I needed to sage the entire property.  :tinfoil2:

So I took my new, very nice, bundle of sage in a bowl, and walked the perimeter of my farm waving the purifying smoke around. As I reached the back of my farm I swore I could hear voices: men laughing that they were gonna "cut her down to size!" :nunchuck:  And then my bowl of sage erupted into flames! I ran across the pasture gripping my flaming bowl of sage in my fingertips,  :fuelfire: until I got to my horse's waterbucket, dropped the bowl on the ground and drowned it.  My fingertips were pretty sore and my eyebrows singed.

I tried saging the back pasture 2 more times, and the new sage repeatedly erupted in flames, which I had to put out. Each subsequent bonfire :fuelfire: was a little smaller than the last, and eventually I was able to just smoke the perimeter without all the theatrics.  :manipulated:

That was 10+ years ago. I haven't tried saging since...

:orly: :sad1: :tumbleweed: :nunchuck:
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2014, 10:37:28 AM »
They should really try burning a bowl of oregano at work, just to bring good vibes around
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)