Author Topic: Well...I'm about to get evicted.  (Read 1802 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: Well...I'm about to get evicted.
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2012, 08:13:20 AM »
Dear DUmmie,

Trade ya.  I'm already more than halfway through my first tank of oil and it's still two weeks until Christmas.  January and February can be a mother****er on the oil tank.

Same here Sparky, we have two big propain tanks and they seem to be running out of fuel Like a well that someone forgot to turn the water off.

Fortunately we did get into this gas company plan a few years ago and send them a set amount all year long.  

Some how the company adjusts the price to what ever the day price is and if you send them $300 a month in the warm months and the price of gas goes down, one is credited for the shift in price.

We got an accounting last month that said we had a credit of $900, I being a sceptic called the company to confirm the mail from them.     Funny how this works, I still have to send in $300 a month but when a real bad time hits at least we have the credits to fall back on.

Or do we, if the company goes bankrupt where are our credits and over payments ?????

Life is not easy for simple men and woman that have no choice but to trust others for the necessities of life.

Offline Undies

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2012, 08:29:02 AM »
Same here Sparky, we have two big propain tanks and they seem to be running out of fuel Like a well that someone forgot to turn the water off.

Fortunately we did get into this gas company plan a few years ago and send them a set amount all year long.  

Some how the company adjusts the price to what ever the day price is and if you send them $300 a month in the warm months and the price of gas goes down, one is credited for the shift in price.

We got an accounting last month that said we had a credit of $900, I being a sceptic called the company to confirm the mail from them.     Funny how this works, I still have to send in $300 a month but when a real bad time hits at least we have the credits to fall back on.

Or do we, if the company goes bankrupt where are our credits and over payments ?????

Life is not easy for simple men and woman that have no choice but to trust others for the necessities of life.

I just turn up the thermostat -- electric central heat, ya'know.  The last bill I paid was $166.00.

Having never lived in the 19th century northeastern USA, I have no idea what you folks go through nor, why you live there.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2012, 08:31:48 AM »
Why do things seem to be going really bad for libs?

is it that bad for people with conservative leanings?

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Undies

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2012, 08:38:04 AM »
Why do things seem to be going really bad for libs?

is it that bad for people with conservative leanings?

I was doing OK until I started paying my bills and then many essential bills for others that cannot pay.  My house is like our nation's house --  the situation is unsustainable.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2012, 09:23:57 AM »
I just turn up the thermostat -- electric central heat, ya'know.  The last bill I paid was $166.00.

Having never lived in the 19th century northeastern USA, I have no idea what you folks go through nor, why you live there.

It's the union jobs that pay janitors 30.00 per hour.

[youtube=425,350]/CmX39qI7tpg[/youtube]

Goin' to Detroit, Michigan
Girl, I can't take you
Hey, I'm goin' to Detroit, Michigan
Girl, you got to stay here behind

Goin' to get me a job
On the Cadillac assembly line

I'm tired of whoopin' and hollerin'
Up and down the Mississippi road
Hey, I'm tired of whoopin' and hollerin'
Pickin' that nasty cotton

Gonna catch me a bus up North
I won't have to keep sayin' yes, sir, boss

Goin' to Detroit, Michigan
Girl, I can't take you
Hey, I'm goin' to Detroit, Michigan
Girl, you got to stay here behind

Goin' to get me a job
On the Cadillac assembly line

Well, girl, if you'll be alright
And keep your blue jeans zipped up tight
When I make my first check
I'll put you on the Delta jet, hey hey

I'm gonna send for you, darlin'
Won't you come on hom

Read more at http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/3530822107858945566/#JVmvwTmJt8JhjqZ8.99
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2012, 09:28:36 AM »
Had to put this here. :rotf:

A Republican, in a wheelchair, entered a restaurant one afternoon and asked the waitress for a cup of coffee.

The Republican looked across the restaurant and asked, "Is that Jesus sitting over there?"

The waitress nodded "yes," so the Republican requested that she give Jesus a cup of coffee, on him.

The next patron to come in was a Libertarian, with a hunched back. He shuffled over to a booth, painfully sat down, and asked the waitress for a cup of hot tea. He also glanced
across the restaurant and asked, "Is that Jesus, over there?"

The waitress nodded, so the Libertarian asked her to give Jesus a cup of hot tea, "My treat."

The third patron to come into the restaurant was a Democrat on crutches.

He hobbled over to a booth, sat down and hollered, "Hey there honey!

How's about getting me a cold mug of Miller Light?" He too looked across the restaurant and asked, "Isn't that God's boy over there?"

The waitress nodded, so the Democrat directed her to give Jesus a cold beer.

"On my bill," he said loudly.

As Jesus got up to leave, he passed by the Republican, touched him and said, "For your kindness, you are healed."

The Republican felt the strength come back into his legs, got up, and danced a jig out the door.

Jesus passed by the Libertarian, touched him and said, "For your kindness, you are healed." The Libertarian felt his back straightening up and he raised his hands, praised the Lord,
and did a series of back flips out the door.

Then, Jesus walked towards the Democrat, just smiling. The Democrat jumped up and yelled,

"Don't touch me .... I'm on disability."
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori