Author Topic: I thought their healthcare was taken care of now?  (Read 1806 times)

Offline lastparker

I thought their healthcare was taken care of now?
« on: September 26, 2012, 01:18:50 PM »
A DUmmie begets a bigger DUmmie and looks for new ways to enable the cycle of helplessness:

LiberalEsto (14,330 posts)

Seeking health insurance advice!

My daughter turns 26 next month so she will no longer be eligible for coverage under my husband's health insurance policy. She's been unemployed for a couple of years, never finished college, has a suspended driving license, and is being treated for depression and anxiety/panic disorder.

I don't know where or how to start looking for health coverage for her. Our finances are somewhat limited, because I've been out of work for almost 4 years.

Do any of you know of good resources for advice on how to pick a decent health insurance plan? (or recommendations about a plan?) When I look at the Blue Cross web site with its huge deductibles and monthly payment amounts and out-of-pocket costs, it all makes my head spin.

Translation:  Can someone tell me where I can get her free healthcare?
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: I thought their healthcare was taken care of now?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 01:38:19 PM »
Takers always want more, no matter how much they've already been given or how recently.  It's in their nature, like a scorpion's sting. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 01:39:40 PM »
Holy crap, what a great testiment to her parenting.  :mental:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 01:55:45 PM »
LiberalEsto (14,330 posts)

Seeking health insurance advice!

My daughter turns 26 next month so she will no longer be eligible for coverage under my husband's health insurance policy. She's been unemployed for a couple of years, never finished college, has a suspended driving license, and is being treated for depression and anxiety/panic disorder.

I don't know where or how to start looking for health coverage for her. Our finances are somewhat limited, because I've been out of work for almost 4 years.

Do any of you know of good resources for advice on how to pick a decent health insurance plan? (or recommendations about a plan?) When I look at the Blue Cross web site with its huge deductibles and monthly payment amounts and out-of-pocket costs, it all makes my head spin.

This is a typical democrat party member and 0bama voter.

This shit's vote will cancel mine out and that sucks.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 01:59:26 PM »
Holy crap, what a great testiment to her parenting.  :mental:
You gotta read what this DUmmy wrote about the daughter in June
http://www.democraticunderground.com/11397089#post5

LiberalEsto (14,332 posts) Tue Jun 26, 2012, 01:58 PM
5. Mine won't grow up and leave

My 25-year-old daughter has been living at home, trying (but not very hard) to finish an associate degree from community college. She keeps dropping courses or failing them, despite being an honor roll student in high school. She has dropped out of five colleges, racking up tens of thousands of dollars in student loans. All she needs is 3 credits in nutrition or some similar course to get her AA.

She doesn't work, having asked us to subsidize her while she was in school. She has anxiety disorder and depression, and takes medications for them. Failing her nutrition class was the last straw -- we required her to see a counselor weekly. After stalling for several weeks, she has finally seen one twice and likes the counselor. However if the Supreme Idiots shoot down the healthcare law, it is likely she will be kicked off my husband's health insurance. If not, her coverage expires when she turns 26 this fall.

If that weren't enough, she got arrested last month for DUI. Because she doesn't have any income or savings, we now have to foot the bills.

The older one has also dropped out of 5 colleges, giving up one full-tuition scholarship, and racking up tens of thousands in loans. She is just 3 credits short of a BA but refuses to finish for some inexplicable reason. Instead of acting like an adult and helping us pay the loans, she says she feels "entitled" to have us pay them. My feeling is that she was entitled to a scholarship, and a 4-year degree, no more. We will not give her another cent for college.

She works as a nanny, hates being "the help" but refuses to do anything about deciding on a career or setting goals. Now she is splitting up with the guy she has lived with for more than six years, and her nanny contract ends in 3 weeks. She plans on moving home next month, doing an extended road trip to the west coast on her savings, and then coming back to write her book. Or possibly visiting a friend in Africa for who knows how long.

I've been looking for nearly 4 years after having been laid off, and we have zero savings. We pay $630 a month on their student loans and support the younger one. If's not easy.

I honestly believed they would move out after college, but they neither finished college nor permanently moved out.

This too shall pass.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 02:02:28 PM »
http://www.democraticunde...ground.com/11397089#post5

My 25-year-old daughter has been living at home, trying (but not very hard) to finish an associate degree from community college. She keeps dropping courses or failing them, despite being an honor roll student in high school. She has dropped out of five colleges, racking up tens of thousands of dollars in student loans. All she needs is 3 credits in nutrition or some similar course to get her AA.

She doesn't work, having asked us to subsidize her while she was in school. She has anxiety disorder and depression, and takes medications for them. Failing her nutrition class was the last straw -- we required her to see a counselor weekly. After stalling for several weeks, she has finally seen one twice and likes the counselor. However if the Supreme Idiots shoot down the healthcare law, it is likely she will be kicked off my husband's health insurance. If not, her coverage expires when she turns 26 this fall.

If that weren't enough, she got arrested last month for DUI. Because she doesn't have any income or savings, we now have to foot the bills.

The older one has also dropped out of 5 colleges, giving up one full-tuition scholarship, and racking up tens of thousands in loans. She is just 3 credits short of a BA but refuses to finish for some inexplicable reason. Instead of acting like an adult and helping us pay the loans, she says she feels "entitled" to have us pay them. My feeling is that she was entitled to a scholarship, and a 4-year degree, no more. We will not give her another cent for college.

She works as a nanny, hates being "the help" but refuses to do anything about deciding on a career or setting goals. Now she is splitting up with the guy she has lived with for more than six years, and her nanny contract ends in 3 weeks. She plans on moving home next month, doing an extended road trip to the west coast on her savings, and then coming back to write her book. Or possibly visiting a friend in Africa for who knows how long.

I've been looking for nearly 4 years after having been laid off, and we have zero savings. We pay $630 a month on their student loans and support the younger one. If's not easy.

I honestly believed they would move out after college, but they neither finished college nor permanently moved out.

I would just loveeeeeeeeeeee to have someone watching my kids while I work that hates being "the help".   ::)

Listen lib lady, kick your kids to the curb because they are using your enabling ass and you are letting them do it royally.   :thatsright:  Bet they never had a good ass whippin either.  :mental:  Sorry but those two kids are losers.  :loser:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline dane

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 02:07:09 PM »
Simply must add another response!  This DUmmy might get on my list of favorites - here's another one from February.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/12204211
LiberalEsto (14,332 posts) Fri Feb 17, 2012, 08:03 PM

Could anybody please send me some good vibes?
I'm hiding in my room.
My daughter is storming around the house and cursing at me.
My husband just gave me hell too.

My 25-year-old daughter got whiplash from a minor car accident yesterday. She called our doctor, but they couldn't see her and said to call the next morning. I ran out to buy her some arnica gel and tablets, massaged the gel into her neck, got her an ice pack, told her to take an ibuprofen to reduce inflammation, made her tea and gave her sympathy. I know she's in a lot of pain.

She woke up around 2 pm today and started blaming me for not waking her up at 9 am to call the doctor. I plain forgot.
I called the doctor, but they weren't answering, so i left a message about her pain and asked them to call back.
I also sent them an email and requested a referral for an x-ray. Nobody called or emailed back. (I suspect they are moving into their new office today)

Around 4, just when I was thinking of calling again, she started yelling at me that I was a @#$%%$# bitch because I didn't care about her and I should take her to the emergency room of the hospital. Remembering her previous tantrums at having to wait a long time in the ER, I offered to call insurance and get authorization for an urgent care center. She refused saying she wouldn't get in a car with me because I was a @#$%^&% bitch.

She called up Daddy at work and complained that I was being a bitch and refusing to take her to the ER or call the doctor, so he took the train home.

Meanwhile I called the insurance co. and they gave me the name of a local urgent care center. When my husband got home, I gave him the info, and he convinced our daughter to go there with him.
They just got back, and she started throwing fits because I hadn't made dinner for them -- I was too upset. When he called me from the clinic, I'd asked him to get something for themselves to eat because I wasn't up to cooking. But apparently he forgot.
So she cursed me some more, and then he started yelling at me that I screwed up by not calling the doctor's office over and over until I got hold of someone. And that he would call the doctor in the morning and demand that they see her and go sit there until they did.
Apparently the doctor at the urgent care clinic refused to prescribe a muscle relaxant for her, so they both took a fit over this, and of course it is all my fault. He left to get another prescription filled for her.

It isn't my fault that
1. she had an accident,
2. the doctor wouldn't see her yesterday,
3. she slept late and I completely forgot (I was in the middle of filing our taxes),
4. she throws tantrums if she has to wait a long time in an ER or doctor's office (anxiety disorder,)
5. she wouldn't let me take her to the clinic,
6. she called up Dave and demanded he take her to the ER, (I dissuaded him knowing it would be a long wait)
7. the urgent care clinic doctor wouldn't prescribe certain medications for her and
8. our doctor didn't return a call and an email today.
But they both think it is all my fault.
It is my fault that I didn't make dinner for them after being upset from being cursed and yelled at and told what an uncaring bitch I was, and a rotten parent, etc.

It's hell here.

I'll keep looking, but may not be able to top this one.
This too shall pass.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 02:09:08 PM »
Could anybody please send me some good vibes?
I'm hiding in my room.
My daughter is storming around the house and cursing at me.
My husband just gave me hell too.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:  That is  :yahoo:

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 02:13:28 PM »
Simply must add another response!  This DUmmy might get on my list of favorites - here's another one from February.I'll keep looking, but may not be able to top this one.

That post is so liberal progressive it ought to be an Obama Campaign Commercial.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 02:14:01 PM »
A DUmmie begets a bigger DUmmie and looks for new ways to enable the cycle of helplessness:

Stop by Massachusetts and pick some health ins up for free, then return home to where ever you live, no one here bothers to check because that would be too much oppression for the illegals I am currently paying for.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 02:17:49 PM »

LiberalEsto (14,332 posts)

Offline dane

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 02:21:03 PM »

In my search for 'interesting' posts from this DUmmy, I found the original, here's the link   http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018200239

There are several responses, asking whether/not daughter might be eligible for medicaid, SSI, etc., but none suggesting this adult go out and get a job.

Imagine that!
This too shall pass.

Offline Karin

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 02:30:51 PM »
Such a quintessential DUmmie, on so many levels.  She just got added to my working list. 

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 03:14:16 PM »

Aside from the fact that I think this is a really good mole (way too many perfectly DUmmie stereotypes), isn't this cut off date kinda already here? As far as I know even 0bamacare has a 26 year old cut off date. This is one of the few things in the law that's kicked in already. But even if the "idiots" didn't repeal this albatross anything that would help her daughter get her OWN insurance doesn't kick in until 2014 or something like that.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 03:20:04 PM »
MAYBE the military can help out your kids?   :-)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 03:23:25 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018200239#post2

cbayer (111,689 posts)
2. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I would suggest she be given this as

a project

There are a lot of sites on the web with guidance and advice about shopping for insurance. There are also *brokers* that allow you to compare policies by price, limitations and coverage (including psychiatric coverage, which she will want to make sure she has).

Could she not do the research and then sit down with you to discuss the options?

LiberalEsto (14,332 posts)
4. You raise a good point

I did ask her, but she isn't doing it.
It's almost impossible to even get her to make phone calls.
However, I'll try again.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline dane

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 03:52:22 PM »
Please don't take this the wrong way DUliberalesto, but you might want to consider locking the refridgerator, or changing the front/back door locks, and let the adult offspring make their way in the cold hard world.
mrmpa (1,390 posts)
11. Can you or she take the steps..........

to get her into the medicaid system in your state. I would start with getting her a case worker through a non-profit in your area. The agency should be able to help her with navigating the system.
I have a grandson who graduated from college June, 2011, on a Saturday, and had a job two days before graduation.  He is getting married to a young lady who graduated from college in 2010, and she also has a job.  Imagine!  And neither one is flipping burgers, but instead, have jobs in line with their degrees.

Another grandson graduated from HS this past June, is currently attending community college, and working at a job full time.

It can be done DUliberalesto (and other DUmmy lurkers), but they have to WANT to do it.  Will not ONE of you DUmmies suggest this DUparasite spawn get a job?
This too shall pass.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 04:15:57 PM »
Good Lord.

Someone in that house grow a set of balls and say GTFO.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 04:18:55 PM »

Liberal family values.

Of course, with President Pinhead in office there are no jobs available anyway.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 04:48:40 PM »
Paraphrasing Nancy Poorlucy..."First we have to gut mediacare/medicaid, collect the taxes and penalties for not having insurance to find out that it wasn't Obamacare that we passed but actually 'Obama-I-don't-care-suckers' that we passed."
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 04:54:18 PM »
MAYBE the military can help out your kids?   :-)

I hope you don't mean the American one.  It's not a baby-sitting service.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 04:59:15 PM »
Her 'child' is the poster child reason I don't want to cover all the uninsured. Brats like this dont deserve a second look.  Basically what I'm reading is 'help' we can no longer afford to enable the monster we created and we need the taxpayers to help. I mean because I really don't want them to learn you know adult stuff or anything.

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 05:08:41 PM »
Jeez, Mom doesn't enable much does she?

I agree with DAT, the US military builds leaders, it is not a day care facility.
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2012, 05:14:03 PM »
truedelphi (25,096 posts)
9. SSI would be very good. And even if she

Last edited Wed Sep 26, 2012, 02:55 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Is living with you, she may qualify for food stamps. I think if she has no income, and since the government considers 26 as being the age that adulthood has been achieved, she may qualify for County Medical. Under Obama every county in the USA (I believe) has been put into emergency status re: food stamps, so I don't think the government eve demands you look for work.)

You may end up having to help her pay her medications and doctor visits until some detrrmined amount is reached. I just helped a friend apply for food stamps and County medical, and after she spends $ 800 in a single month the county medical program steps in.

Although this is not ideal, it does mean that if she faces a calamity, like breaking an ankle ($ 13,000 right there sometimes!) she won't have to pay out of pocket reimbursements monies each month FOREVER

This shit pisses me off.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 05:28:17 PM »
Pisses me off too. Those services are for emergencies or truly disabled people. Not enabled brats. This story Should actually get airplay as to the portion of the 47% Romney was talking about  does anyone believe non dummies think this is what those services were intended for?