Author Topic: Omaha's Ed Norton to change careers; to become a policeman  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Karin

Re: Omaha's Ed Norton to change careers; to become a policeman
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 01:21:45 PM »
Not to get off topic, but TAGS went from driving a '61 Galaxie to a '64.  Totally skipped the more desirable (and attractive) '63.  Bummer.

:rofl:  The most trivial piece of trivia I've read all day!   :lmao:  I used to have a boss who knew every scrap of TAGS trivia; the staff bought him the board game.  Wonder if he knew that?  Bet he did. 

I'm picturing Big Chief Bawler as Otis; didn't Otis cry like a baby when Andy & Barney tried to trick him into thinking he died in a drunk driving accident?

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 01:22:55 PM »
Ok so lets see what happenes if he gets a job handling records or whatever paper pushing job it could be. Anyone want to take bets on how long that job will lasy if he ever screws up and loses an important file to some case in the news? Omaha seems to have a lot of those lately. I'm gettin there would be "lots o splaining to do" by OmahaSteve.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 01:24:43 PM »
Ok so lets see what happenes if he gets a job handling records or whatever paper pushing job it could be. Anyone want to take bets on how long that job will lasy if he ever screws up and loses an important file to some case in the news? Omaha seems to have a lot of those lately. I'm gettin there would be "lots o splaining to do" by OmahaSteve.

I take it you're not too confident about the big guy's ability to be competent.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 01:54:52 PM »
I take it you're not too confident about the big guy's ability to be competent.

After reading his post at DU about how he thinks he can get back at people that are signing a petition against him running by sending junk mail to their addresses and he forgets that his name and address are public information then yes I'd say he is defiantly not MENSA material.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 02:33:17 PM »
Ok so lets see what happenes if he gets a job handling records or whatever paper pushing job it could be. Anyone want to take bets on how long that job will lasy if he ever screws up and loses an important file to some case in the news?

Aren't the uniformed desk jockeys in police departments still sworn officers?

If he works around a police department, he'll be pushing a broom or dragging a chamois across a cruiser.

And is a police department employee allowed to conduct a partisan political campaign?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 02:35:22 PM »
And is a police department employee allowed to conduct a partisan political campaign?

I thnk you're onto something there.  Maybe he's signaling that he's getting out, and he's going to blame the new job--and its' restrictions--for that action.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 02:39:28 PM »
After reading his post at DU about how he thinks he can get back at people that are signing a petition against him running by sending junk mail to their addresses and he forgets that his name and address are public information then yes I'd say he is defiantly not MENSA material.

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 05:07:15 PM »
I'll make steve a bead too, right after my second cup of coffee today.

Good one, I guess I've been making beads for DUmmies all this time without knowing it! :-)

H5
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown