Author Topic: Verizon wireless sucks  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Verizon wireless sucks
« on: September 30, 2011, 04:19:49 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2030711

DainBramaged  (1000+ posts)        Fri Sep-30-11 03:48 PM
Original message

Verizon wireless sucks

I quit AT&T after being a customer since 1994. All because they refused to lower my cell phone bill by $20 from $99 to match Sprint or Verizon better plans. My choice was Sprint or Verizon. I chose Verizon because I don't need a smart phone and don't text much. I thought my plan was going to cost $69.95 plus $5 a month for up to 250 messages per month and tax bringing it to $83.

I've been ill and on top of that my car had been hit by a drunk driver two weeks ago and I have to grub rides to and from work. Inadvertently, my first cell bill with Verizon is late by SEVEN DAYS. The bill itself is sitting in a pile of mail that I simply missed opening since they have sent so much promotional garbage it's hard to distinguish their bill from the garbage (unlike AT&T which sends a distinctive bill). They shut the phone off today and sent a text INSISTING I pay the past due bill of One hundred and twenty four dollars which was the ONE MONTH IN ADVANCE or actual usage which included a $40 activation fee that I was not informed about when signing up. When I paid the bill after much wrangling and quite frankly arguing with the Verizon financial services rep, he told me my new bill is for ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY FOUR DOLLARS. They DIDN'T include the 250 messages for $5 in my plan, and they charged me $27 for text messages and $2.50 for picture messages at $.25 each. And on top of that a $5.00 late fee for last month.

After about an hour of arguing and being bounced around, they initiated the $5 for 250 messages but I have to pay forward an additional month, and they would ONLY give me a 15% credit on my previous text message bill. No one would budge even though I agreed I would sign in on-line and schedule payment for next Friday, they are scum.

Verizon sucks, worse than I could have ever imagined AT&T sucked. I will either quit them and go to Sprint and pay the $175 fee for early termination or put up with them for two years, but at this point I don't think I can.

VERIZON WIRELESS SUCKS

Yeah, they don't work with you much when YOU DON'T PAY YOUR BILL!

So you 'inadvertently' missed the payment yet .... you can't pay until next Friday?  Heh.

Hutzpa (1000+ posts)        Fri Sep-30-11 04:05 PM
Response to Original message

3. Unfortunately all the phone companies in America

acts the same, they are all reading from the same play book.

It really is a waste of time finding a carrier that cater to the needs of it's customer. AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint are all
the same thrash.

Yup, they sure do.  If you don't pay they shut your phone off. 

safeinOhio  (1000+ posts)      Fri Sep-30-11 04:20 PM
Response to Original message

8. I know a guy

that makes out his check every month to "VerizonWireless Sucks" and they cash it every month.

I would too.  What would I care as long as you pay your bill.  You signed up for it.

There's more there but it's a new fire.

KC

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
Re: Verizon wireless sucks
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 04:28:17 PM »
Did someone force you to get a cell phone in the first place?
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 04:30:00 PM »
It really is a waste of time finding a carrier that cater to the needs of it's customer. AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint are all
the same thrash.

Liar.

We have been with T-Mobile for over five years.  Best cell phone company out there.  I've had AT&T/Cingular and Verizon.  I hated both of them.  Worst customer service.  T-Mobile has always been so kind and their agents are energetic and willing to help.  I was really mad when I heard AT&T wanted to purchase T-Mobile, but thankfully that sale did not go through.  :)
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 04:38:52 PM »
 T-Mobile has always been so kind and their agents are energetic and willing to help.
plus they have a really hot chick as their advertising spokesperson on their commercials....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 04:47:04 PM »
Well, AT&T has been great for us. We've had several instances where I had to call them, and they've resolved every case as I requested. Once we had a pretty big data usage charge that was accurate, but had been accidentally incurred. They just cancelled it off my bill. But no matter who you're dealing with, it's always a matter of explaining the situation to a customer service person. I'm sure DUmmies start by raving and cursing, and have bad payment records like DUmmy braindamage.

I do much prefer the T-Mobile girl. As an advertising chick, she beats hell out of Flo.

It's really nice, regardless of the carrier, to hear about a DUmbass getting screwed over by his own stupidity and irresponsibility. The braindamaged dickhead has the most enjoyable post of the day so far.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 04:54:14 PM »
It's really nice, regardless of the carrier, to hear about a DUmbass getting screwed over by his own stupidity and irresponsibility. The braindamaged dickhead has the most enjoyable post of the day so far.

So forgive me God, but I feel the same way.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 04:57:57 PM »
Sorry but I have had Verizon for years and never had a problem. If I need something the local store is more them helpfull in getting it done.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 05:10:13 PM »
Well, AT&T has been great for us. We've had several instances where I had to call them, and they've resolved every case as I requested. Once we had a pretty big data usage charge that was accurate, but had been accidentally incurred. They just cancelled it off my bill. But no matter who you're dealing with, it's always a matter of explaining the situation to a customer service person. I'm sure DUmmies start by raving and cursing, and have bad payment records like DUmmy braindamage.

I do much prefer the T-Mobile girl. As an advertising chick, she beats hell out of Flo.

I can't stand Flo  It's old now, get a new person Progressive.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 05:23:21 PM »
I can't stand Flo  It's old now, get a new person Progressive.

I hear she's banging that lizard on the side.

Something about his having a 12" tongue.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 06:35:39 PM »
VERIZON WIRELESS SUCKS

We use prepaid cellphones, we're not big cellphone users and it works for us, and you can get a cool phone at Net10 and either add minutes when you need them or you can do a $25 a month plan for 750 minutes for phone, internet, text, pics and video, or you can do a $50 a month plan for unlimited minutes for all those things.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 06:41:37 PM by Ballygrl »
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline longview

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 06:47:23 PM »
I've had Verizon for 7 or 8 years.  Have kept the same number as I've lived around the country.  Have never had a problem and a couple years ago, when I messed up and changed a phone plan to something I didn't understand and got a wildly big bill, they fixed it for me with no problem.  They're coverage of the west is better than what I hear people with other plans claim, so I'll stay.

But, basically this DUmmy is crying a common theme that I see from DU, "I didn't pay my bill, and I'm angry there is a consequence."  So you made a mistake.  Deal with it and do better from now on.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 08:02:52 PM »
We went with AllTel way back, when they had the best coverage in the hills and valleys through Nebraska.  As Verizon, the coverage is just average, but the few times we had billing issues, they were polite and helpful.  Of course, it's likely to help a lot if you pay your bill.   ::)

We're now in the process of switching to Straight Talk, mostly for the unlimited data in the $45 a month plan...didn't find that with the other companies we checked.  My older daughter has used Straight Talk for a couple years and really liked them...plus it will save something like $60 a month on 2 phones.   :-)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 08:09:17 PM »
We use prepaid cellphones, we're not big cellphone users and it works for us, and you can get a cool phone at Net10 and either add minutes when you need them or you can do a $25 a month plan for 750 minutes for phone, internet, text, pics and video, or you can do a $50 a month plan for unlimited minutes for all those things.

We have TracFone and their pretty mach the same these days. Both Net10 and Tracfone have internet capable phones now, basic internet functions, that is. 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 08:19:47 PM »
We went with AllTel way back, when they had the best coverage in the hills and valleys through Nebraska.  As Verizon, the coverage is just average, but the few times we had billing issues, they were polite and helpful.  Of course, it's likely to help a lot if you pay your bill.   ::)

We're now in the process of switching to Straight Talk, mostly for the unlimited data in the $45 a month plan...didn't find that with the other companies we checked.  My older daughter has used Straight Talk for a couple years and really liked them...plus it will save something like $60 a month on 2 phones.   :-)

Straight Talk is part of the Tracfone Net10 network and they really have awesome service.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 08:57:08 PM »
You could make the check out to Queen Elizabeth, but as long as it's mailed to the company, they'll cash it.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Bodadh

• Not in the mood!
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 09:00:23 PM »
When I had $50 a month to piss away on a smart phone I got a Virgin Mobile Blackberry. Things are tight now so I just use a plain ol Tracphone for $15. I will be damned if I ever sign up for a contract for a phone.

I do miss using my Blackberry tho. :bawl:
A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 09:01:50 PM »
We have TracFone and their pretty mach the same these days. Both Net10 and Tracfone have internet capable phones now, basic internet functions, that is.

I did an upgrade for my Husband and I and we both have phones that are pretty much almost identical to Blackberry's, people think they are Blackberry's, I have mini-opera downloaded on both of them since the Browser that comes with the phone is limited and I can go everywhere on the internet, and do everything except stream video. When we're in the car I'm able to read this forum and post when my Husband is driving the car, it's so cool!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 09:04:39 PM »
When I had $50 a month to piss away on a smart phone I got a Virgin Mobile Blackberry. Things are tight now so I just use a plain ol Tracphone for $15. I will be damned if I ever sign up for a contract for a phone.

I do miss using my Blackberry tho. :bawl:

Tracfone, Net10 and Straight Talk have phones similar to the Blackberry, they even offer touchscreen phones now, they've really improved on the phones they have available, even authentic ringtones.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 10:29:44 PM »
This is typical of the DUmmies, they don't pay the bill and get mad when they get cut off, and somehow it's the fault of the service provider that they didn't pay that bill.

When I lost my job a few years back and couldn't afford to pay my T Mobile bill, I didn't blame T Mobile for my problem, I went without a cell phone for awhile.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 05:38:06 AM »
Liar.

We have been with T-Mobile for over five years.  Best cell phone company out there.  I've had AT&T/Cingular and Verizon.  I hated both of them.  Worst customer service.  T-Mobile has always been so kind and their agents are energetic and willing to help.  I was really mad when I heard AT&T wanted to purchase T-Mobile, but thankfully that sale did not go through.  :)

The merger deal is not over yet... Don't get your hopes up.

I suspect that what will happen is the AT&T will need to make certain concessions and guarantees to allow the merger to complete.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 08:30:05 AM »
So you 'inadvertently' missed the payment yet .... you can't pay until next Friday?  Heh.

How was the stupid bastard planning on paying it if he DID recognize it?

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 08:32:38 AM »
DainBramaged  (1000+ posts)        Fri Sep-30-11 03:48 PM
Original message

Verizon wireless sucks

I quit AT&T after being a customer since 1994. All because they refused to lower my cell phone bill by $20 from $99 to match Sprint or Verizon better plans. My choice was Sprint or Verizon. I chose Verizon because I don't need a smart phone and don't text much. I thought my plan was going to cost $69.95 plus $5 a month for up to 250 messages per month and tax bringing it to $83.

I've been ill and on top of that my car had been hit by a drunk driver two weeks ago and I have to grub rides to and from work. Inadvertently, my first cell bill with Verizon is late by SEVEN DAYS. The bill itself is sitting in a pile of mail that I simply missed opening since they have sent so much promotional garbage it's hard to distinguish their bill from the garbage (unlike AT&T which sends a distinctive bill). They shut the phone off today and sent a text INSISTING I pay the past due bill of One hundred and twenty four dollars which was the ONE MONTH IN ADVANCE or actual usage which included a $40 activation fee that I was not informed about when signing up. When I paid the bill after much wrangling and quite frankly arguing with the Verizon financial services rep, he told me my new bill is for ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY FOUR DOLLARS. They DIDN'T include the 250 messages for $5 in my plan, and they charged me $27 for text messages and $2.50 for picture messages at $.25 each. And on top of that a $5.00 late fee for last month.

After about an hour of arguing and being bounced around, they initiated the $5 for 250 messages but I have to pay forward an additional month, and they would ONLY give me a 15% credit on my previous text message bill. No one would budge even though I agreed I would sign in on-line and schedule payment for next Friday, they are scum.

Verizon sucks, worse than I could have ever imagined AT&T sucked. I will either quit them and go to Sprint and pay the $175 fee for early termination or put up with them for two years, but at this point I don't think I can.

VERIZON WIRELESS SUCKS

Hmmmmm...maybe if you paid your bill you'd be in better shape.  What you SHOULD have known is that most phone and cable companies charge a month in advance; i.e., your bill you get on the 28th of the month is for the following month, not the one you just did.  That's why your bill in the first month is going to be higher than normal, because you are being charged for the pro-rated usage that month and the plan for the following month.  Wow, that was really hard, wasn't it, DUmmies?

And when I added Scoobie and the girl child to my existing plan, they waived the activation fees for both phones and were more than willing to put Scoobie on the unlimited data plan (right before it ended.)  So for three of us to share 700 minutes a month (which includes unlimited mobile-to-mobile), unlimited data, text, and picture messaging, throw in my discount, and we're at $130 a month for three of us.  Not too shabby.

Oh, and DUmmies, you know when your bills are due, don't play stupid.  Or maybe you're not playing.  Whatever.  My Verizon bill is pretty clear.  
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 09:34:22 AM »
Quote from: DUmbass Moron

The bill itself is sitting in a pile of mail that I simply missed opening since they have sent so much promotional garbage it's hard to distinguish their bill from the garbage (unlike AT&T which sends a distinctive bill).

This is among the distinctions between a liberal and a conservative: Liberals allow their debts to be buried in piles of mail, in an attempt to construct an excuse not to pay them. Conservatives look for the bill, because they know it needs to be paid.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 10:39:55 AM »

This is among the distinctions between a liberal and a conservative: Liberals allow their debts to be buried in piles of mail, in an attempt to construct an excuse not to pay them. Conservatives look for the bill, because they know it needs to be paid.
I use Microsoft Money to manage my finances and set up alerts to warn me in plenty of time before a bill is due.  Critical payments like the mortgage and car payment are automatically deducted from my checking account well before the due date. I guess that would make me a conservative.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 12:30:14 PM »
Sounds like Wimpy's hamburger payment plan.