Author Topic: For our friends and loved ones who may be weight challenged (DainBramaged)  (Read 1802 times)

Online CC27

DainBramaged Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Jun-23-11 08:46 PM
Original message
For our friends and loved ones who may be weight challenged, some great websites   Updated at 9:38 PM

where you can get great products to make your lives easier.

:loveya: :hug: :loveya: :hug: :loveya: :hug: :loveya: :hug: :loveya: :hug:

http://www.amplestuff.com/bigbib.aspx (everything for big people except clothes)

http://www.livingxl.com/store/en_US/index.jsp ( LivingXL is specially designed to make life more comfortable, convenient and enjoyable for big and tall men and women, they sell furniture, bedding, bikes, footwear, accessories, lots of stuff).

http://www.maddak.com / (Maddak ableware, Maddak is proud to be a leading manufacturer of home healthcare products for seniors, people with disabilities and people recovering from injuries and illnesses)

http://mysizeusa.com / (Big kids stuff too!!!)

http://www.onestopplus.com / (clothes clothes clothes and more)

I'm sure there are more, but these seem to be all-encompassing.

I hope this helps.

Why not just lose weight instead of spending money on fat clothes?  :whatever: Maybe this thread will attract the vegas DUmmie....

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1353457

Offline Karin

Big kids stuff, too??  I thought Michelle outlawed fat kids. 

Offline vadawg

• Just Off Probation
I used to have total wars on DU when i tried to help those who are mathmatically challenged, they seemed unable to understand that less calories consumed than used equals weight loss.  Even my 6 year old understands that if he eats 10 donuts he needs to cut more grass and dig more holes than if he eats 5.  Though going by the replies i used to get every chubby on DU has a glandular problem rather than cream pie stuffing problem.

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
I used to have total wars on DU when i tried to help those who are mathmatically challenged, they seemed unable to understand that less calories consumed than used equals weight loss.  Even my 6 year old understands that if he eats 10 donuts he needs to cut more grass and dig more holes than if he eats 5.  Though going by the replies i used to get every chubby on DU has a glandular problem rather than cream pie stuffing problem.

Dummies+Math=Major LOL

:lmao:

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
I think that DainBramaged, who BTW has me on ignore , never reached the maturity level of a five year old.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
     What exactly is DainBramaged trying to accomplish with this? Here's how I read it:

"Hey, you fat ****s who refuse to control your eating, and who won't exercise victims of hereditary glandular problems, HFCS, Big Pharma, and George W. Bush, here are a couple of websites I found so you dumb bastards can stop sewing tablecloths together."
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
"Weight Challenged?"  Is that the new PC term for overweight and obese? 

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.

As usual, it absolves one of any personal responsibility for any shortcoming, failure, or consequence. Obesity on DU is an affliction that has donuts, Cheetos, and pizza as a SYMPTOM rather than a cause, because (a) they need to eat those things to gain comfort from the OTHER problems in their lives, which include, but are not limited to:

• George W. Bush
  • Big Pharma
  • Urban food deserts
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Arcane diseases or disorders
  • PTSD from childhood bullying
  • Perceived lack of gay rights, even if hetero
  • Inability to exercise due to extreme smoking.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all

As usual, it absolves one of any personal responsibility for any shortcoming, failure, or consequence. Obesity on DU is an affliction that has donuts, Cheetos, and pizza as a SYMPTOM rather than a cause, because (a) they need to eat those things to gain comfort from the OTHER problems in their lives, which include, but are not limited to:

• George W. Bush
  • Big Pharma
  • Urban food deserts
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Arcane diseases or disorders
  • PTSD from childhood bullying
  • Perceived lack of gay rights, even if hetero
  • Inability to exercise due to extreme smoking.
Wrong. Obesity is due to only two factors, George W. Bush, and high-fructose corn syrup. Mainly George W. Bush.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:15:49 PM by GOBUCKS »

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
The new pc term is "gravitationally disadvantaged".
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
The new pc term is "gravitationally disadvantaged".

Good one, sir.

Awesome.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Wrong. Obesity is due to only two factors, George W. Bush, and high-fructose corn syrup. Mainly George W. Bush.

You know, I'm concerned.

The gigantic primitive, the Las Vegas Leviathan, seems to have evaporated from the internet.

One wonders what's up with that.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
You know, I'm concerned.

The gigantic primitive, the Las Vegas Leviathan, seems to have evaporated from the internet.

Could someone run a search on his (real) name, to see if maybe he died of a heart attack or something?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Could someone run a search on his (real) name, to see if maybe he died of a heart attack or something?

That's what gravely concerns me, sir.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
progressiveinaction  (62 posts) Fri Jun-24-11 01:34 PM
Response to Reply #2
5. Anti underweight challenged people bigotry

:lmao:
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline GOBUCKS

You know, I'm concerned.

I doubt it's due to his heavy work schedule.

It's more likely related to his health.

The blood pressure reported by franksolich, which was somewhere around 400/200, would be a vast improvement for the LVL.

The whale's cardiovascular system, laboring to maintain hundreds of miles of blood vessels, has been a ticking time bomb for years.

If the explosion hasn't happened yet, it very soon will.

Let's hope he ditches his cult fat doctor and takes the advice of Marie Osmond.

Kirk needs Jazzercize.

Offline Tucker

The PC polite term would be either fat ass or lardass.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Tucker

You know, I'm concerned.

If Jeanette has escaped, as some suspect, he has lost his meal ticket.

Offline GOBUCKS

The PC polite term would be either fat ass or lardass.
In the 50s, there were occasionally short films on TV, sort of like the Three Stooges and Our Gang, that were called "Tons O' Fun". It was two or three hugely fat guys doing stupid things like the Stooges, but it was funnier because they were so damn fat. I think they were time fillers on kids' shows like Howdy Doody. Probably wouldn't play well today.

Offline Tucker

In the 50s, there were occasionally short films on TV, sort of like the Three Stooges and Our Gang, that were called "Tons O' Fun". It was two or three hugely fat guys doing stupid things like the Stooges, but it was funnier because they were so damn fat. I think they were time fillers on kids' shows like Howdy Doody. Probably wouldn't play well today.

Same with Amos and Andy.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
Though going by the replies i used to get every chubby on DU has a glandular problem rather than cream pie stuffing problem.

Both, it's an overworked salivary gland problem.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
If Jeanette has escaped, as some suspect, he has lost his meal ticket.

Along with his internet access.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
You know, I'm concerned.

I really hope that he and Jeanette are OK.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
I really hope that he and Jeanette are OK.

We do too, of course, madam, but it's kind of hard to know unless the gigantic primitive posts.

Since he's chowing down on our dime, I think he owes us progress reports.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

I hope she left him.  He's a user.  He heaped all family responsibility for bed and board on her shoulders, and went infantile.  He allowed himself to get so fat that he couldn't contribute anything to the household, wasting countless hours on computer games.  He went on the internet talking about his wife's personal "lady problems," and discussed what happens when you use the related products for that which they were not intended.  He went on the internet and essentially called her ugly and none-too-bright, while she's out working a thankless low-paying job.