Author Topic: A DUer died last night  (Read 1807 times)

Offline CC27

A DUer died last night
« on: May 17, 2011, 08:32:05 AM »
MorningGlow Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue May-17-11 09:21 AM
Original message
A DUer died last night

A DUer died last night. She was a beautiful soul--kind and warm-hearted, lively and energetic and funny. Her DU name was JanusAscending.

You might not have come across her in the more populated parts of DU; she didn't spend a whole lot of time in GD and GDP. But those of us who interacted with her on a daily basis in the smaller groups loved her dearly, even though we never met face to face.

JA had health problems, major and minor, but she never EVER let them get her down. She never complained about them. Instead, she loved to talk about the great loves in her life--her pets, especially her dog, Flurry, that she had to give away when her health worsened, and most of all, her children and her grandson, whom she loved almost more than she could express.

JA's death was rather unexpected, and the DU friends she was closest to are in shock this morning. But we send her spirit light and love, and more to her family who will miss her very much. We will miss her very much as well.

And this got me thinking...all those people in the computer screen that you spar with have lives, and loves, and families just like you. What if we were all nice to our fellow DUers, if only for a day? Sure, lots of people piss you off. Sure, it seems like those "others" are hardly human sometimes, what with the vitriolic, violent poo-flinging that goes on around here. And yet...how about cutting 'em some slack today? It wouldn't hurt, would it? Just for one isolated, solitary day? So give it a try--in JanusAscending's memory, okay? Spread some love for a lovely bright soul who is no longer with us. And think of JanusAscending when you do

May she RIP and Prayers for the family.

See how easy that was DUmmies? NO grave dancing will take place at CC.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1118381

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
Re: A DUer died last night
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 08:34:20 AM »
Prayers for her family, and may she rest in peace.

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 09:15:56 AM »
Rest in peace, and Godspeed, JanusAscending. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 09:29:27 AM »
Yes, RIP.

Any bets on how long the first "The Repukes are grave-dancing!" post will take? ::) :stoner: :whatever: :censored:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 09:41:47 AM »
RIP. Prayers for her family.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 09:43:02 AM »
Don't recognize the name. RIP. Prayers for strength and comfort for her family.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 09:54:27 AM »
Rest in Peace, prayers for the family.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 10:19:40 AM »
May God bnless her friends and family.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 10:30:20 AM »
Don't recognize the name. RIP. Prayers for strength and comfort for her family.

+1.

Yes, RIP.

Any bets on how long the first "The Repukes are grave-dancing!" post will take? ::) :stoner: :whatever: :censored:

3... 2...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 10:59:33 AM »
Rest in peace.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline JustVisiting

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 11:06:10 AM »
I'm a DU'er just visiting and I wanted to say a heartfelt "thank you" for the decency and compassion shown in this thread.  You are right, grave dancing  is never classy or right.  I speak out against it when I see it. 
I guess I should go away now. 

Offline CC27

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 11:13:36 AM »
I'm a DU'er just visiting and I wanted to say a heartfelt "thank you" for the decency and compassion shown in this thread.  You are right, grave dancing  is never classy or right.  I speak out against it when I see it. 

Don't go. Stick around and chat. Welcome to CC.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 11:14:47 AM »
Stay a bit and debate if you wish. Unlike DU you are free to say what you think here.

and a welcome bitchslap.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 11:18:41 AM »

Not at all.  You are welcome anytime.

And a heartfelt RIP and prayers to the family in their time of need.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 11:20:35 AM »
May the family of JanusAscending find the strength to see them through this. Anyone who held their Dog is such high esteem is alright in my book.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 11:22:50 AM »

You are welcome, and there isn't any need for you to go away. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 11:39:20 AM »
That's sad, God Bless her and condolences to her family, friends and online friends.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 11:42:47 AM »
Sorry to hear of it; I was not familiar with her, but best wishes to her friends and family, may she rest in peace.

:(
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 12:00:43 PM »

Nah, have a seat and grab a beer.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 12:01:20 PM »

You've got the guts to come over here.  I, and quite a few others here, respect that.  We may not agree on many (if any) things, but we can at least be civil to each other.

BTW, Dutch bitchslaps everybody.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 12:07:37 PM »
You've got the guts to come over here.  I, and quite a few others here, respect that.  We may not agree on many (if any) things, but we can at least be civil to each other.

BTW, Dutch bitchslaps everybody.

Bitchslaps are God's way of saying "Why, Hello! What a Grand Morning it is."
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Intelligento

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 12:12:43 PM »
RIP prayers go out to the family

Offline cottondress

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 12:18:01 PM »
she sounds like a lovely person...RIP...prayers for family and friends.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 12:31:05 PM »
I don't recognize the name but from one dog to another...RIP...hope past friends were waiting for you on the rainbow bridge.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 12:35:07 PM »

Don't feel you have to go away! If you don't want to jump into the political fray there are forums for hobbies, cooking, humor, and other things and discussions of news stories that have nothing to do with politics.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams